TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My background music for FMs etc. (originally for the Hammerite Imperium)

My background music for FMs etc. (originally for the Hammerite Imperium)

I decided to release all the music I had done for the Hammerite Imperium to the community. I made over 60 minutes of music for it - mostly ambient, neoclassical, and such mellow stuff that works as unobtrusive background music, but there is also one electro/industrial metal tune. Everyone is free to use these in their FMs, and other non-profit ventures.

I've been meaning to release all of these for quite some time now, but I just kept procrastinating. I had to redo one song (Disturbed) from scratch because of file corruption and I wanted to remix everything after I had learned more about mixing, mastering, etc. Well, long story short, I finally took the time to lay this eternity project to rest, and you can download all the finished stuff from the first link below.

- More Information & Downloads
    - Listen to all the songs in order @ Mikseri
    - 160 kbps MP3 files hosted at Mikseri

- '16 bit 44 kHz' wav files hosted by the good folk at Darklurker:
    http://www.darklurker.com/sounds/ato...it44kHzWav.zip
    http://www.darklurker.org/sounds/ato...it44kHzWav.zip

- 16 bit, 44kHz wave files @ FileFront

P.S. Ziili (the other guy making music for the Hammerite Imperium) released his tunes a couple of years ago too. This thread has info about them, but the links don't work anymore: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107784. You can listen to some of his stuff here: http://www.garageband.com/artist/ziili
    Last edited by atolonen; 9th Feb 2009 at 12:12. Reason: Added '16 bit 44 kHz' wav files @ Darklurker & FileFront

jtr7
    Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, atolonen

Some of these are being used in Seven Shades of Mercury, which is now in its second round of beta testing. I don't suppose it much matters that you released them ahead of the mission. Hopefully it will be released within a few weeks.

I love the music, especially Dark Spaces (two of which are in 7SoM).

Thank ye guys. I hope they end up being usefull to mission makers, and of course enjoyable just to listen to

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Some of these are being used in Seven Shades of Mercury, which is now in its second round of beta testing. I don't suppose it much matters that you released them ahead of the mission. Hopefully it will be released within a few weeks.
    Whatwhatwhat? It's really being released? I had no idea. I must have completely fallen out of the loop (which isn't all that surprising considering how many projects I tend to work on all the time)

Are you the one working on the 7SoM mission? If so, I'd recommend you download these new versions of my songs for the mission then, because they are superior in quality. I could also provide you with '16 bit 44 kHz' or '32f bit 44 khz' wave files, but I don't have any place where to host such large amount of data at the moment (yousendit etc. works but would only be a temporary solution)

Had I known people were still working on HI I might have delayed the release of these songs until the 7SoM mission was released. I would have still released them for all the community to use at some point anyway. I hope me releasing these can serve as a promotional tool for the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    - player
    This music is stunningly brilliant Atolonen, well done that taffer. Im listening to it on my 5.1 surround system - and Im getting goose pimples and shivers dude...!!!
    I would love to listen to the hi quality versions...
    Last edited by bikerdude; 6th Feb 2009 at 18:40.

Absolutely. Except, I had to disable new accounts this morning because I was getting numerous spam accounts created daily. But if you want to create an account, just let me know and I'll reenable new user creation until you're in, then switch it off again.

As for using the higher quality files, I'm not sure it will matter... they're mushed down to IMA ADPCM format for the ZIP anyway. However, we can consider using them and converting to OGG for packaging if the difference in sound quality is noticeable. I'll leave that up to John Denison, who's currently leading the testing.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    FANTASTIC musics ! What a great work

I especially like Night's work, reminds me a lot of Thief's original intros. Also, Repent and Horny (why such a title ) suit perfectly the kind of atmosphere I'm working on for my next fm. Just what I needed to continue dromeding in good conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    This music is stunningly brilliant Atolonen, well done that taffer. Im listening to it on my 5.1 surround system - and Im getting goose pimples and shivers dude...!!!

http://forum.wearytaffer.com/. Ive added you to the list of Artists participating in the project.
    Thank ye, good sir. It's good to hear they work well on a 5.1 surround system. I mixed them into goode olde 2.0 stereo (because one has to accommodate the lowest common denominator). I do have a couple of stereo imaging/surround/whatever tricks that I include in all my songs, so I guess they also brought life to the tracks in systems beyond just stereo.

Thanks for adding me. I'll come join asap.

Absolutely. Except, I had to disable new accounts this morning because I was getting numerous spam accounts created daily. But if you want to create an account, just let me know and I'll reenable new user creation until you're in, then switch it off again.

As for using the higher quality files, I'm not sure it will matter... they're mushed down to IMA ADPCM format for the ZIP anyway. However, we can consider using them and converting to OGG for packaging if the difference in sound quality is noticeable. I'll leave that up to John Denison, who's currently leading the testing.
    Sure, I'll join. Let me know when you've enable registering, and I'll come charging in.

And indeed do let me know if you need the higher quality samples, and I'll find some way to send them to you, or to whomever needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    FANTASTIC musics ! What a great work

I especially like Night's work, reminds me a lot of Thief's original intros. Also, Repent and Horny (why such a title ) suit perfectly the kind of atmosphere I'm working on for my next fm. Just what I needed to continue dromeding in good conditions.
    Thank ye. This is exactly what I like to hear. I'm happy people will use my humble stuff in Thief fan missions, and I look forward to playing yours when it's released.

Horny has such a name because it has horns in it. Why? What did you think it was? (I am a perverted bugger, aren't I?)

Night's Work is indeed my take on the original Thief intro song. I always wanted to try my hands on such a song, and that is the result. At times I think I might have made it too metal, but I think it still fits the theme.
    Last edited by atolonen; 6th Feb 2009 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by atolonen View Post
    Sure, I'll join. Let me know when you've enable registering, and I'll come charging in.
    Done, come on in!
    Night's Work is indeed my take on the original Thief intro song. I always wanted to try my hands on such a song, and that is the result. At times I think I might have made it too metal, but I think it still fits the theme.
    I love it! I suppose I should release my remake of A Thief's Path, which I made in 2002/3 for DP2, and then only used about 20 seconds of it when I finally released the mission last year (used during the final cutscene).

Done, come on in!

...I suppose I should release my remake of A Thief's Path, which I made in 2002/3 for DP2, and then only used about 20 seconds of it when I finally released the mission last year (used during the final cutscene).
    Allrighty. I just joined, and am now waiting for authorization.

Go ahead and release your remake. I'd love to hear that.

These are excellent. Some of them remind me of the music in the T1 movies. There's such variety as well.

Thanks atolonen. Always grateful for thief music or just free thief inspired music that's good

On another note, Zill's work is unobtainable. Those links go to the old HI site, which is down.

And in case you weren't clear on it atolonen, HI mission 1 will be released (supposedly, no word on release yet) but the rest of the project was abandoned, correct me if I'm wrong peeps.

i think ur right sNeaksieGarrett but who knows they may try get more fms completed if the first fm gets released and its a big hit, as for the music atolonen .....omg it is rele good

job well done

Keeper of FMs

Great music, atolonen! I've heard some of Ziili's stuff, and it's great too. If this is the quality of the HI project, I can't wait to see & hear something released from it!

Check out some of Ziili's music.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Check out some of Ziili's music.
    This is great also...

Atolonen, I would love to listen to the hi quality versions...

Thank you very much guys. I honestly didn't expect such a positive response. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside hearing people like the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Atolonen, I would love to listen to the hi quality versions...
    Sure. I can upload the '16 bit 44 kHz' wav files as a zip archive to megaupload. It will be approx. 600 megs in size. I can't upload the higher quality '32f bit 44 khz' archive, because it's 1,2 gigs, and megaupload doesn't allow free users to send over a gig of stuff. I'll let you know in this topic when I've uploaded the stuff.

If anyone has a suggestion of a webspace/site/whatever where I could get these files permanently hosted, I'd be grateful.

Use filefront.com. Free file hosting, no download times.

http://hosted.filefront.com/sneaksiegarrett/2140335

So I'm guessing this music is not used in Hi mission 1, Yandros?

Yes, some of it is. I mentioned that already, but it may have been in the other thread.

Thank you very much guys. I honestly didn't expect such a positive response. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside hearing people like the stuff.

Sure. I can upload the '16 bit 44 kHz' wav files as a zip archive to megaupload. It will be approx. 600 megs in size. I can't upload the higher quality '32f bit 44 khz' archive, because it's 1,2 gigs, and megaupload doesn't allow free users to send over a gig of stuff. I'll let you know in this topic when I've uploaded the stuff.

If anyone has a suggestion of a webspace/site/whatever where I could get these files permanently hosted, I'd be grateful.
    If you want, we could put them on the darklurkers (darklurker.org and darklurker.com) That way you'd have two permanent copies.

Oh, sorry. Well you mentioned 7SoM, but I didn't see a mention of them used for HI in this thread.

EDIT: I phased out the megaupload link. Use the darklurker ones instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Moghedian View Post
    If you want, we could put them on the darklurkers (darklurker.org and darklurker.com) That way you'd have two permanent copies.
    Sold!
    Seriously speaking that would indeed be wonderful. How much space are you willing to sacrifice to hosting these songs? Here are the most useful options I have ready:
    - '16 bit, 44 kHz' wav files (size: 600 megs as a zip archive / 708 megs as individual files)
    - '16 bit, 44 kHz, 160 kbps, MP3' files (size: 97 megs as individual files)
    - '16 bit, 44 kHz, 192 kbps, MP3' files (size: 80 megs as individual files)
    - '16 bit, 44 kHz, q5, OGG Vorbis' files (size: 66 megs as individual files)
    - '16 bit, 44 kHz, q6, OGG Vorbis' files (size: 79 megs as individual files)

I'm not absolutely sure what file format especially the fan mission makers prefer. I can convert them into the most popular ones, people just need to tell me what those are. Of course, if you host the wave files people can convert them to whatever format they wish without any unnecessary loss in quality.

Even if you don't have space for all of the options, I'd be grateful if you can host at least some. I don't want to pressure you or anything. I also have a zip archive of '32f bit 44 khz' wave files that eats up 1,2 Gigs of space, but I guess hosting such a large amount is overkill. People would still need to downgrade those when converting them to mp3s etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Use filefront.com. Free file hosting, no download times.

http://hosted.filefront.com/sneaksiegarrett/2140335
    Thank ye. I shall make my own account and upload the files there too.
    Last edited by atolonen; 9th Feb 2009 at 12:11. Reason: phased out the megaupload link. Use the darklurker links instead.

Probably wav are most popular, as that is the format that thief uses by default for sounds/ambients. They have to be in IMA ADPCM (adpcm right, peeps?) wav files. Though I've noticed in newer FMs there are mp3s or oggs. Not sure how FM authors do that though.

You're welcome. Great tracks by the way. These definately would be good for a thiefy project.

OK. I'm downloading the '16 bit 44 kHz' wav files to be put at both sites. We've got room for the others also if they'll be used.

I think that sNeaksieGarrett is correct about the IMA ADPCM, but I thought there was more to it than that There was something about 'mono' and somthing else...

May I suggest creating a thread down in the Editor's Guild and asking them? They're the ones who would be using them in fm's. Others of us would just want to listen to them as regular music.

- '16 bit, 44 kHz, 192 kbps, MP3' files (size: 80 megs as individual files)
    you could use a better codec, say .wmv or .aac, you could get the same high bitrate but the file would be half the size and the treble would be much better for it (mp3 cuts of at 12-16khz...)