TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Cleft: Vandal (Feb 14 2009)

Tales from the Cleft: Vandal (Feb 14 2009)

JUST LISTED!
    Secluded summer house, including workshop and boathouse, offering both peace and security in a beautiful glen-like setting with full beach access.
    Two master bedrooms, two guest bedrooms, two full baths, and fourteen (14!!) fireplaces for those chilly winter evenings.
    Plus, accommodations for up to 30 servants and staff.
    Off-grid heat and power.
    Full kitchen, wine cellar, and plenty of storage.
    Two functioning elevators to assist those with mobility problems.
    Amenities include great room with massive two-story fireplace, formal dining room, ballroom, enclosed all-season arboretum, home theater, library, and private office.
    Estate sale!
    You have to see this!

Serious inquiries only to Matilda Foggbottom, Upton Real Properties, Ltd.

Download particulars at: http://hosted.filefront.com/BalboaToo/

Now available in Italian!

Last edited by Balboa; 26th Feb 2009 at 22:38. Reason: Now ... with Italian support

Yay! Something to play while I wait for SOE2 to come out

Thanx, Balboa - Mechanist missions have been a bit rare lately.

Keeper of FMs
    This is a great mission. I really enjoyed it. The story is great and will keep you interested. I recommend downloading the movies version. They are an important part of the story.
    Tales from the Cleft: Vandal 55.9 MB
    Tales from the Cleft: Vandal - no movies 10.1 MB

This one looks great

Congratulations on the release Balboa!!

You will all love this one!

I am always amazed at how lively a community of a 9-years old game can be! This is a unique occurrence in the whole videogaming scene. But of course, this is because Thief 1-2 are some of the best game ever made (THE best in my book, together with the UFO series).

I will try your mission when I will have time, then you will have my feedback.

Looks very promising and I love Mechanist missions Can't wait to try soon.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats on the release - made it available at Southquarter too:

Tales From The Cleft: Vandal (full)
    Tales From The Cleft: Vandal (no movies)

Congrats on the release!
    Last edited by shadows; 14th Feb 2009 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Thanx, Balboa - Mechanist missions have been a bit rare lately.
    Er, they still may be.

What am I missing

Apart from the obvious that is!

I can't see the intro movie. I used to on the XP machine I once had but am not able to on my new Vista. Do I need a patch or something?

OK I need help finding the
    spoiler:
    rare book collection, could someone tell me where abouts it is? Also I am 200 short of the loot requirement on Expert.

I also encountered 2 situations where the mission 'broke'.

One was in the laundry room where by frobbing around i somehow managed to open the panel leading to the secret shaft, but once i reloaded i couldn't reproduce the same thing, as far as i can tell that panel can only be opened by the switch on the other side.

The second thing was that when i surprised Lucy the first time, she jumped back and back again before i knocked her out. I reloaded and this time as soon as i opened the door, she ran off and i got the "damn, she got away" message.

Also when i entered the room, Lucy was peeping on, i frobbed the switch, but stayed back from the trap door, i then explored the room for a minute, before dropping down the trap door, but poor Nathan had been killed. I reloaded and went down the trap door quickly and managed to KO Lucy, so Nathan lived.
    Also what happened to the maid dressed in purple, i saw through the peephole, Lucy was looking through?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    OK I need help finding the rare book collection, could someone tell me where abouts it is? Also I am 200 short of the loot requirement on Expert.
    You need to read the scroll in the office safe. That should send you in the right direction.

I also encountered 2 situations where the mission 'broke'.

One was in the laundry room where by frobbing around i somehow managed to open the panel leading to the secret shaft, but once i reloaded i couldn't reproduce the same thing, as far as i can tell that panel can only be opened by the switch on the other side.
    The mission didn't "break". You should not have been able to open that panel. That was a fluke. There is a way to open but you will need something to do it. Search around the wine cellar.

The second thing was that when i surprised Lucy the first time, she jumped back and back again before i knocked her out. I reloaded and this time as soon as i opened the door, she ran off and i got the "damn, she got away" message.
    Also not broken. You are not meant to get her then. Not sure how you managed to the first time.

Also when i entered the room, Lucy was peeping on, i frobbed the switch, but stayed back from the trap door, i then explored the room for a minute, before dropping down the trap door, but poor Nathan had been killed. I reloaded and went down the trap door quickly and managed to KO Lucy, so Nathan lived.
    Check your objectives. You are supposed to prevent his dying.

Also what happened to the maid dressed in purple, i saw through the peephole, Lucy was looking through?
    Watch that scene again closely.

Hmm, I wasn't been critical BTW, they are flukes I know, but I thought I would report them that so the author and future players should they encounter such a problem knows about it. After all if we don't report such things, then no one would know.

Does the "without being detected" objective mean with the security cameras only or does that mean you must ghost completely until you turn them off? (meaning not being detected by people either)

I fell to my death horribly about four times and will be giving this one another shot tomorrow if it isnt complete forced ghosting. (I'm horrible at that)

Hmm, I wasn't been critical BTW, they are flukes I know, but I thought I would report them that so the author and future players should they encounter such a problem knows about it. After all if we don't report such things, then no one would know.
    Yes, I realize that. No worries. Glad you found those things. I was just trying to clarify.

When I opened the coalshute Garrett informed me that this was the way in. But as soon as I do the mission ends saying I did enter the estate but not without turning off the alarmsystem or something.

SirFreddieM you have to close the coalshute door, i think, there is a objective in the list about a draft etc...

I'm stuck right after the entry in the coalshute, in the next room, mission ends every time with having being detected

BTW Big thanks to the author of this new mission.

@SirFreddieM - balbaro is right, you have to close the coal chute door or the guards outside notice it.

@balbaro - Could you be a bit more specific as to where you are exactly when the mission ends?

Yeah, after closing the door behind me the game goes on. Now all I have to do is switch off that annoying alarmsystem.

I have been sneaking around the house for a while but that alarmsystem annoys me.

Yay Finished!

So is there going to be a Part 2?

I see Vandal at the main menu, so I can assume Ladytaker is another?

SirFreddieM:
    One of the ground rooms has a security console in there. Try those.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations, Balboa Thanks!

Weekend feels better with a good FM to play... Thanks Balboa!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    @balbaro - Could you be a bit more specific as to where you are exactly when the mission ends?
    Its ok, i restarted the mission and past that point now, i think the mission failed because a black-jacked guard outside was discovered.

But i need help again, i'm in Stephanies room but cannot find the key...

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast