TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 306

Thread: Tales from the Cleft: Vandal (Feb 14 2009)

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by balbaro View Post
    Its ok, i restarted the mission and past that point now, i think the mission failed because a black-jacked guard outside was discovered.

    But i need help again, i'm in Stephanies room but cannot find the key...
    Feed 'it' I think thats the right room.

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Yay Finished!

    So is there going to be a Part 2?

    I see Vandal at the main menu, so I can assume Ladytaker is another?
    According to the readme, apparently so. Looking forward to it.

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Hmm, I wasn't been critical BTW, they are flukes I know, but I thought I would report them that so the author and future players should they encounter such a problem knows about it. After all if we don't report such things, then no one would know.
    I appreciate the reports. I have no idea how you did it, though. Dromed still has some mysteries.

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Does the "without being detected" objective mean with the security cameras only or does that mean you must ghost completely until you turn them off? (meaning not being detected by people either)

    I fell to my death horribly about four times and will be giving this one another shot tomorrow if it isnt complete forced ghosting. (I'm horrible at that)
    It is possible (but very hard) to KO or kill the guards before shutting down the security system. Your best bet is to just be sneaky. The security system is not that hard to find, and the guards are not that hard to avoid, but you really should attend to it as soon as you can.

    As for falling to your death, there is an easy solution for that. All of the puzzels have fairly easy solutions, once you figure them out.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    [QUOTE=bob_doe_nz;1820481]Yay Finished!

    So is there going to be a Part 2?

    I see Vandal at the main menu, so I can assume Ladytaker is another?
    QUOTE]

    Yes. Ladytaker is part 2. The city is done, the story is done, so sometime later this year. But by the looks of things, I'll have to make it a whole lot harder.

    Turrets. That's the answer. Lots, and lots of turrets.

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK

    Stuck

    I have disabled the alarm, and blackjacked everyone I have come across in the house. I have been up the ladder shaft that can be accessed using the valve in the basement lift well, opened the hatch at the top, but not seen anyone or witnessed any scene.

    I cannot disable the frog beast on the book. I have seen two vials of mushroom poison, one in a ground floor study, one in what I believe is Lucy's room in the attic, but neither of them is frobbable. I have a fruit from a palm tree, that doesn't work.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have disabled the alarm, and blackjacked everyone I have come across in the house. I have been up the ladder shaft that can be accessed using the valve in the basement lift well, opened the hatch at the top, but not seen anyone or witnessed any scene.

    I cannot disable the frog beast on the book. I have seen two vials of mushroom poison, one in a ground floor study, one in what I believe is Lucy's room in the attic, but neither of them is frobbable. I have a fruit from a palm tree, that doesn't work.
    Clue: Stephanie sent her grandfather a letter, telling him to do something. That's what you need to do.

    Bigger clue: What would you feed a pet frog? How would you do it?

    Palm tree: Those fruits are handy if you fall out of a palm tree and break a leg.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Drinking baby lemonade!
    I've climbed up in the light tower in the boat house and disabled the spotlight and the camera, but can't figure out how to open the secret panel up there.

    Hint please?

  9. #34
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Sorry Yandros, I have done what you have done. but also could not open that panel.

    The problem with the frogbeast puzzle was that the plate you are supposed to use is very hard to see on my monitor and does not highlight when you get near it.

    The key I have now acquired turns a lock in an elevator shaft, but I am stuck again as this appears to have no effect.

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I've climbed up in the light tower in the boat house and disabled the spotlight and the camera, but can't figure out how to open the secret panel up there.

    Hint please?
    That becomes an objective later in the mission. You need to attend to a few other things first.

    Specifically:
    The special key, the North basement and the telescope.

  11. #36
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    The key I have now acquired turns a lock in an elevator shaft, but I am stuck again as this appears to have no effect.
    Oh, but it does. You just have to be very observant. Think like a sneaky Mechanist.

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Balboa

    What is the point of a post like that?

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Balboa

    What is the point of a post like that?
    Sorry. Didn't intend to sound rude.

    Hint: Turn around.

    Second hint: Use the key again. Then turn around.

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    OK, thanks for the hint.

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: Iceland
    I am also stuck on the book collection puzzle. I know where the door is, the locking mechanism and where to enter the combination, and I've also found the scroll from the safe. In fact, I've completed every other objective in the mission except this one, because I can't find a single clue that helps me determine the combination.

    The only possible clues I've found is the book at the start of the mission (which is inaccessible, so I doubt it's of any use) and the astrology stuff in the attic.

    I also found another fluke in the mission. Stand in the northeastern section of the garden, beyond the leafless tree and behind the rock, hugging the wall. Now turn and face towards the mansion. Try moving around a bit if you don't spot it.

    Overall, I like the mission so far, with the only downpoint being the "coal chute" objective, which is a bit cheesy to include. It makes perfect sense to have it, but by the time it most people realise what is supposed to be done it's already too late.

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    WOA.......just finished reinstalling all thief stuff again after yet another crash, downloading now!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!!

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I am also stuck on the book collection puzzle. I know where the door is, the locking mechanism and where to enter the combination, and I've also found the scroll from the safe. In fact, I've completed every other objective in the mission except this one, because I can't find a single clue that helps me determine the combination.
    Hint: You have new maps? Check them.

    I also found another fluke in the mission. Stand in the northeastern section of the garden, beyond the leafless tree and behind the rock, hugging the wall. Now turn and face towards the mansion. Try moving around a bit if you don't spot it.
    Yeah. the long views are a problem. Couldn't fix them, but I did warn players in the readme to stay away from cliffs and deep water.

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: England
    been meaning to join up here for about.. 5 years? anyway..

    I can't get the bloody secret door in the boat house to open. I have done the bassment, i have looked though the telescope and show Lucy (I guess from the 'photo'). I have returned to the boothouse and found the captain dead..

    I have looked all around the place for something else to find or do first but it appears i must have done something to completey mess up...

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Toronto
    Many thanks! Manor with Mech stuff is very welcome.

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMan View Post
    been meaning to join up here for about.. 5 years? anyway..

    I can't get the bloody secret door in the boat house to open. I have done the bassment, i have looked though the telescope and show Lucy (I guess from the 'photo'). I have returned to the boothouse and found the captain dead..

    I have looked all around the place for something else to find or do first but it appears i must have done something to completey mess up...
    If the captain is dead, the door in the searchlight tower should be open. If it's not, it's a bug that did not show up in beta testing. If so, my apologies. Try to go back to a save before you use the telescope.

  21. #46
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy

    Back again with my dumb questions LOL!

    How can I descend at the beginning? I turned on the lights and the engine, all it seems I can do is jumping where the chest is......

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    How can I descend at the beginning? I turned on the lights and the engine, all it seems I can do is jumping where the chest is......
    No dumb questions, only silly answers.

    Clue: Garrett has fingertips of steel.

    Bigger clue: Jump from the platform and grab the ladder on your way down.

  23. #48
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: England
    Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    If the captain is dead, the door in the searchlight tower should be open. If it's not, it's a bug that did not show up in beta testing. If so, my apologies. Try to go back to a save before you use the telescope.
    It was probebly my falt in the end. I think i might have (at some point) been able to get a hold of the handle the other side. Thus it was partly open (though i didn't seam to be, because i was blocking it), so when the switch fliped itself, Instead of going from Closed to open, it went from Open to closed.. and of course, there was no way in cause of no switchs on that side ^_^ So don't beat yourself up about this. It was a Great Mission! Can't wait until the next one

    Shame we don't get a Return to Cragscleft.. myself, i'm very intrested in T1 Missions in T2 for 'Returns'.. been wanting to do a Return to Bafford place.. After a Break in and new Mechnist tec, just think what upgrades he would have made ^_^.. anyway... i wonder if we get to find out who really smashed that window?

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: 11-11-11-11
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMan View Post
    i wonder if we get to find out who really smashed that window?
    The briefing movie resolution didn't allow quite enough detail, but if you play the movie again, you can just barely make out Lucy and deNavan on a balcony in the background, with a crossbow. Okay, so maybe there are three or four pixels that might be a crossbow. Trust me, it's there.

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2001
    Location: Padded Cell
    I can't seem to find the key to the roof top... any one have any hints?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •