TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Cleft: Vandal (Feb 14 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethne View Post
    I can't seem to find the key to the roof top... any one have any hints?
    Did you feed Matilda?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethne View Post
    I can't seem to find the key to the roof top... any one have any hints?
    Hint ZOMBIE!?!
    Location Look in the basment once you get the special key

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa
    The briefing movie resolution didn't allow quite enough detail, but if you play the movie again, you can just barely make out Lucy and deNavan on a balcony in the background, with a crossbow. Okay, so maybe there are three or four pixels that might be a crossbow. Trust me, it's there.
    I though they looked familer ^_^

Balboa: Thanks for the hint. I had completely missed that little "acquisition".

Strolled out of there with only 45 missing of the loot.

nice one Balboa! d/l ing now. looks great!

Thanks for the hint. I had already been there but didn't notice the key.

I loved loved loved this mission... so when's the next one out?

Archivist
    Congratulations with the release Balboa

i've just completed this mission
    i thoroughly enjoyed it; the suspense, the storyline, the characterization...very interesting, and well thought-out

thank you very much, Balboa

Balboa, I love this FM. The touches to the decor are outstanding.
    I had to laugh when I saw the guards in their sleeping clothes with their helmets and swords still on.

In the granddaughter's room, does it mean I can't get the key if I shot the frog with an arrow? Yikes, that means I have to start from an earlier hard save?

Very well done mission. Congratulations!

I need help finding the rare book collection. I've done everything else, and cannot figure it out. A blatant spoiler would be appreciated, because I've read through this thread, and the hints here haven't helped me at all. I might be having a particularly dense day, my brain might be a bit foggy, I just can't for the life of me figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aside from being stumped, great mission.

Alright, I'm at the point of frustration now. I've tried stacking crates to get over the wall with the first watcher, apparently not allowed to do that. I've jumped into the water about ten times only to have it forcefully rush me to a locked gate and pin me there without being able to jump out on either side because of the current and slant of the land.

Am I missing something? I can't even seem to get started on this one.

Sneaky
    as you go down the stream, hug the wall and be quick to get on the river bank. It can be done.

Im having a problem, I have the key to the basement but unable to find as to what it goes into. I see a brick wall no switches or lock

Another thing, How do I get to the roof? People talk about zombie in the basement well I did not see one.
    Silent Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Alright, I'm at the point of frustration now. I've tried stacking crates to get over the wall with the first watcher, apparently not allowed to do that. I've jumped into the water about ten times only to have it forcefully rush me to a locked gate and pin me there without being able to jump out on either side because of the current and slant of the land.

Am I missing something? I can't even seem to get started on this one.
    It is possible, although difficult, to mantle out of the water in a couple of places before you reach the locked gate. But...

When you reach the locked gate, look down around the middle of the gate. There's a broken knob which should light up, which you can pick up, and use that to unlock the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by er90120 View Post
    It is possible, although difficult, to mantle out of the water in a couple of places before you reach the locked gate. But...

When you reach the locked gate, look down around the middle of the gate. There's a broken knob which should light up, which you can pick up, and use that to unlock the gate.
    Thank you, I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Thank you, I'm an idiot.
    I didn't find it until just now. Since I'm stumped, far further along than this, I decided to go back to an early save and see how I got out of the water. I saw that and said "Hey, what's this?" Would have save me a good twenty minutes of reloads if I had found that the first time around.

Ok I found the zombie in the elevator area, and have the valve which open the secret area. Ive done that without the valve. Again how do I open the metal plates at the roof.

Sneaky nobody said that you were an idiot, were here to help one another.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior

I didn't find it until just now. Since I'm stumped, far further along than this, I decided to go back to an early save and see how I got out of the water. I saw that and said "Hey, what's this?" Would have save me a good twenty minutes of reloads if I had found that the first time around.
    Now I'm stuck in the generator room. Mysterious invisible forces seem to be failing the mission for me every time I enter the room with the generators. I don't see any guards or people around (nor cameras)

I think I'm gonna give this one a pass until someone posts a full walkthrough or something, I don't want to spend my evening cursing in blind rage.

The author put something like "This mission can probably be ghosted though that isnt my thing" in the readable yet the forced ghosting has me giving up on this one. It looks like a great mission though

Quote Originally Posted by Silent _Warrior View Post
    Again how do I open the metal plates at the roof.
    Look for a book to read down in the zombie area.

I'm stuck now. I saw Lucy through the telescope, ran to the boat house and found the dead captain, went upstairs and now saw her with a Hammerite in the attic, but I can't figure out hwo to get into that area of the attic. When I go up there's a door that's locked but unfrobbable. How do I get in there?

I need help finding the rare book collection.
    You need to go to the Office of R. Hunter on the ground level floor. (I think it's by the fireplace / lounge area. The office has a portrait of his wife)

Once done, you need to find the two scrolls. One is from arturo and the other is a map addition.

Look at the map and compare them with arturos letter.

It won't be immediate but it will have you going OHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Look for a book to read down in the zombie area.

I'm stuck now. I saw Lucy through the telescope, ran to the boat house and found the dead captain, went upstairs and now saw her with a Hammerite in the attic, but I can't figure out hwo to get into that area of the attic. When I go up there's a door that's locked but unfrobbable. How do I get in there?
    Try the hidden passage to get to the attic. (I think)

Sneaky nobody said that you were an idiot, were here to help one another.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior
    I know no one said it - but I felt it. I'm always amazed at the skill that some of you have in this game

I'm afraid the first half of this mission's difficulty in ghosting may be out of my realm of skill for now. I've always been a really horrible ghoster and never covered up that fact, and I just got my behind handed to me about 14 times by invisible forces causing me to fail in the generator room, so I'm either approaching it wrong or something is stationed there that I'm not even getting the chance to see before it sees me. I'll wait for a walkthrough if one ever comes around. Its frustrating too, this mission looks really great and from what I'm reading has alot to offer.

My thanks to you Silent Warrior and to er90120 for your help

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    You need to go to the Office of R. Hunter on the ground level floor. (I think it's by the fireplace / lounge area. The office has a portrait of his wife)

Once done, you need to find the two scrolls. One is from arturo and the other is a map addition.

Look at the map and compare them with arturos letter.

It won't be immediate but it will have you going OHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh
    You know, I just figured it out, about a minute or two ago. AFTER I got frustrated as hell and started flailing about with my sword and managed to bash the door in.

/slaps forehead.

@ SneakyJack - You don't need to go into the generator room at all but if you want to I suggest turning off the alarm first. You need to find the control room on the first floor of the mansion to do that. Then you should have smooth sailing.

@ Yandros - take the ladders up from the secret passage in the kitchen in the closet behind the ovens. This will put you where you need to be.

Yandros,
    What book do I need . And where is the zombie area. the only zombie Ive seen is in the elevator basement.
    Thanks
    Silent Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    @ SneakyJack - You don't need to go into the generator room at all but if you want to I suggest turning off the alarm first. You need to find the control room on the first floor of the mansion to do that. Then you should have smooth sailing.
    That makes sense, I thought the control was in the generator room. That may explain why I kept failing over and over without doing anything.

Thanks Tannar!

Yandros,
    What book do I need . And where is the zombie area. the only zombie Ive seen is in the elevator basement.
    Thanks
    Silent Warrior
    Silent,

There are a few things you have to do before you can get up to the roof.
    1. Explore the second floor.
    2. Find a letter that suggests what you have to do in Stephanie's room.
    3. Find Stephanie's room.
    4. Do it.
    5. Use what you find there to go back to the basement.