TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Hideout (Das Geheimversteck) (02.15.09)

Clearinghouse

TG FM: The Hideout (Das Geheimversteck) (02.15.09)

Okay. This mission was released 02.15.09 http://www.ttlg.de
    There is a nice small FM made in german language only.
    Maybe someone will help with english translation.
    Congrats to Mayar for the release and thanks for the good work
    Das-Geheimversteck.zip (English, German, Italian)
    Screenshots.
    Last edited by clearing; 25th Mar 2009 at 02:05. Reason: English version

I'm going to ask Mayar today in the afternoon if I'm allowed to translate it, maybe he could do it as well. Either way, I'm asking him.
    I've noticed you've got an account on ttlg.de as well; maybe next time you could ask there first if someone is willing to translate, you are allowed to post there in english as well.
    From my point of view, this would be better than posting FM's only available in german on an english forum. It might prevent people from getting stuck and makes the mission more enjoyable. But as always: it's just a suggestion...

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    From my point of view, this would be better than posting FM's only available in german on an english forum. It might prevent people from getting stuck and makes the mission more enjoyable. But as always: it's just a suggestion...
    Ok, intruder But released was - 02.15.09! Is it ok to wait a month to english small text?

This was Mayar's first work with DromEd ever and I doubt he even thought about releasing it here or someone doing it for him
    That's why there is no english translation.

Chances are good that there will be an english version today in the evening

In addition, I'm thinking about a thread on ttlg.de dealing with translation from german FM's into english. Something where authors can ask for help etc..

Clearinghouse
    In addition, I'm thinking about a thread on ttlg.de dealing with translation from german FM's into english. Something where authors can ask for help etc..
    Excellent

As a matter of fact, there is a thread like this already. It got a bit dusty by now, though.

@SinisterShadow:

I found it today in the afternoon while I was doing a search on the topic.
    But I want it the other way around, like this.
    Maybe we should turn it into some place where people offer help for translation and others can ask for help.
    A list like "who is working on which translation" or "who needs a translator for what" could be possible. But only for german FM's into english, not the other way around!

@topic:

I finished the translation, handed the texts to SneakyJack for proof-reading and send them back to Mayar. The multilanguage version should be available soon...

Nice work intruder! Thank you.

And thanks and congratulations to Mayar for releasing the mission.

And thanks clearing for posting the mission for us here.

Clearinghouse
    I added screens from new version.
    intruder, see PM.

Clearinghouse
    Mayar sent me english version.

I let the Fire Shadow kill the lord and the killing objective didn't tick of for me.

Usually, if an objective requires you to kill someone, you have to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    Usually, if an objective requires you to kill someone, you have to kill someone.
    I disagree. First of all, the objective says something like "Rid yourself of Lord...", and not "kill...". I rid myself of him without any blood on my hands.
    Secondly, the correct way to do this is to have the death of the person trigger the completion of the objective, like almost every
    other FM out there which requires you to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    I disagree. First of all, the objective says something like "Rid yourself of Lord...", and not "kill...". I rid myself of him without any blood on my hands.
    Well ok, maybe this is my fault then. But I thought "Kill Lord ..." sounds to harsh and doesn't fit the Thief style...

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Secondly, the correct way to do this is to have the death of the person trigger the completion of the objective, like almost every
    other FM out there which requires you to kill someone.
    This is some kind of problem with the DarkEngine. Just two days ago I realized in my own FM where you were not allowed to kill anyone, that you can kill everyone you like without screwing the objective.
    Just knock them out and throw them into the water. This will not count as kill although it kills your victim

Now I thought myself: if I play an FM which requires my to kill someone, I would use the water-method because it makes very few noises. But playing it this way, I might not complete the objective because it doesn't count as killed by myself. I should check it with DromEd...

AFAIK, if you toss an unconscious body into water and the AI dies by drowning, it usually counts as a kill. If this is not the case, you must have done something weird. But you could always try to get the AIs into the water by themselves, which will count as an accident. Also you can kill an AI by throwing a hammer at them, which will usually not count as a kill and even worse, the noise won't alert any AI.

I think I've used the usual way:
    kill creature -14

If you shoot them with arrows or attack them with your sword and kill them in doing so, it counts as kill and the mission fails. As expected.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    But it makes no difference whether Garrett kills them personally or they meet their maker some other way, the end result is the same.

Well, at least for them, that's for sure.

In terms of mission objectives in Dromed and Thief, it does make a difference, though.

At Southquarter, The Hideout is incorrectly labeled as a T2 FM.

I appear to be the only one who's gotten stuck in this. I'm in the bedroom and there's a locked door. I can't pick it open so there must be a key but I can't find it. Help poor blind me??

For the key : At the start there is a friendly guard to your right with a key on his belt. You can slip behind him and either blackjack him or wait for 30 seconds to pick it. I found it kinda funny considering how he's the one Garrett bribes to get in the house but you have to steal the key off of him

I never even thought of checking him for a key. He's the only one I DIDN'T check. *sigh* I knew it had to be something silly. Thanks very much for the help.

Keeper of FMs
    Links at The Circle:
    The Hideout in English/German/Italian
    Das Geheimversteck in German
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 27th Mar 2009 at 23:21. Reason: updated file for all languages

Mayar has added the Italian translation made by Luca Deganello to the mission zip file:

http://www.0815x.org/thief/Das-Geheimversteck.zip

Thanks, Luca

mission crashes for me

The mission loads fine and begins ok but when I move my mouse it instantly crashes to the desktop. I usually have no problems at all with T1 or TGold FM's so I have no idea what is causing this. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast