TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: E.Y.E - French indie Cyberpunk FPS-RPG

Is anybody else's antivirus software taking issue with that embedded video?

i like how the music in the current trailer on the homepage sound a little bit like the DX main theme.
    give me a linux release, and i will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
    blargle
    So this is your fucking cause, is it? A toothless crusader against the mildly annoying facets of consumerism? Crikey.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
    So if I sell you a stereo and hide a contract inside the CD changer that says "if you lend this stereo to a friend, it becomes my property again", that is alright? Is that contract that you couldn't have read prior to the stereo purchase binding? How about if I've been screaming "Stereo for sale!, buy it today!" out the window?
    I love it when people roll out busted, obtuse analogies when they're arguing over software ownership, software piracy, Intellectual Property in general, etc. Analogies about car ownership/sales are probably the most cliched.

... and I love it when companies employ commercials that explicitly state "OWN it on Blu-Ray today".

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I love it when lost_soul starts babbling his FITE DA SYSDUM nonsense.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I love it when people roll out busted, obtuse analogies when they're arguing over software ownership, software piracy, Intellectual Property in general, etc. Analogies about car ownership/sales are probably the most cliched.
    So refute them then.

ZylonBane
    Could some friendly neighborhood moderator please fork the last two pages of this thread into a vat of hydrofluoric acid? Thanks.

Chakat sex pillow
    Heck no. I was hoping to quietly steer this into one of those threads that quickly balls up into masses of Aliens quotage, but you've broken the momentum. Goddammit, ZB!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    So refute them then.
    I don't need to, their general idiocy speaks for themselves. Anyone with half a brain should know that stuff like copyright infringement isn't quite the equivalent of say stealing a car.

Chakat sex pillow
    YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR

Taking a break
    Dude, there are like, at least three poles here.

Anyway, the game still looks like clusterfuck. I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but it could use some streamlining and dumbing down. Especially the hacking, which seems to be just clicking a button repeatedly.

A DX-style game should have been made on the Doom 3 engine. Think about all the cool things that could have been done with the fully interactive surfaces. I mean, they got freaking Doom 1 running on a computer terminal *inside* doom 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLNIvuHj00

You could simulate a world that has *real* computers inside it, where the contents of the screen can be viewed safely from across the room in the shadows with a scope. The whole concept of "click on computer and have UI appear in a window" is so 1999.

I realize this goes without saying because he's retarded, but clearly lost_soul has never played the Dystopia mod for HL2, which did basically the exact same fucking thing.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

New gameplay footage

Is this MP footage? Regardless, it's certainly looking far more polished than what we've seen up until now.

I really hope they went back to the drawing board with that clunky looking as fuck hacking system.

I don't know what to think of the marijuana and Godzilla references. French can be a bit odd in the head, if some of their Sci-fi pulp comics and Jeunet are any indication.

Knows his stuff
    Well, at least it looks like if you want to play it like Doom it'll be fun.

Here's hoping that they get the stealth and hacking and whatnot aspects as enjoyable as that looks.

It's not MP. And I agree that while supposed to be humorous, the writing is more akin to post-adolescent nonsense spouted during a weed smoking, whisky-coke drinking evening right before the two episodes of Stargate SG1 start.

For example "Metastreumon" can be roughly translated to "Metamonstah", "BROUZOUF" (game currency) is a neologism/argotism close to saying "dough", and so on.
    I'm worried about this and I hope it won't completely ruin the game. The WEED thing is so stupid it's like they wanted that giant facepalm.

Anyway here's the translation of what developer AngelCorp had to say about the video:

- For the video we used a hacked character with fully augmented cyber and stats, almost invincible. And in easy mode. So yes, it's very easy.

- Ideally we'd like to release a demo a few days before the game's out - at worst on the same day.

- We use the same mechanics for MP. Basically, the game was developed on a multiplayer architecture, someone knowing Source inside out could, using the console, make his SP game a multiplayer one. That's a secret though.

- Headbobbing can't be turned off. The video shows a lot of it because the player is very fast and always sprinting.

- Should be out at the end of this month. But we're famous for our constant delays. We're following in the steps of Valve.

- The ammo counter is on a black transparent background. In most cases it remains legible.

- For critical shots, the result is a mix of the accuracy skill of the player, some implants, the targeted area and a bit of randomness.

Wow. Depending on the price, I'm gonna pick this up just because it looks balls-to-the-wall insane. I also love the 40k influence.

Well, you'll be my guinea pig then. Please lemme know what you think!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Oh LOL, here's the headline that they're using to advertise the latest trailer on IndieDB.

Brown Sugar (Warning: this video may create an addiction)
    Seriously, WTF?

french people, man

Horror trash.

what, your posts? yeah i agree

New trailer, same inane sense of humour. Rumors are that it's going to be released in the next weeks (it's been finished for a few months now). I'm not really holding my breath.

Knows his stuff
    Well that looks... pretty sweet. I'm not too keen on the abstract futuistic areas with floating signs and stuff, but the seedy apartment buildings look nice. Also, what the fuck is that "SupraHuman Reflex saved me!" shit?