Dramatic Death Guy's face sure was made of shiny shiny plastic.
Things do look better from year to year, but the ol' plastic surface problem has been with us since "Giants: Citizen Kabuto" got a Geforce3 patch in 2001.
A bit depressing, really.
A lack of punctuation and capitalisation typically mean sarcasm on TTLG, Yakoob. Such was the case there.
Like the way they said about doing handbrake turns,donuts and bagging the rears up in the streets
Thats the first thing i'm gonna do when the game is released
Saw in a different vid on youtube that in the body shops you can even have a engine mod done to the car namely a supercharger so thats even better for doing skids
Latest news is about the collector's edition: click the tabs here
Don't know about you guys but exclusive DLC's are really starting to crap me off :<http://boards.ign.com/pc_general_boa...92341726/p1/?0
The CE is to be made available in limited quantities across select North American retailers and internationally, and will contain “physical and digital elements”, and includes the following:
* Collectible SteelBookTM Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
* Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
* Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
* Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra on CD.
* Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
In North America, 2K has partnered with Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and Walmart.com to provide pre-order incentives that include free DLC or gift cards.
Select international retailers will also be offering the following incentives:
* Vegas Pack (GameStop): Get a taste of old school Vegas in this new DLC pack from Mafia II. Bring a taste of Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in two new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in two new suits inspired by movies and music of the time.
* War Hero Pack (GameStop): The ‘40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero DLC pack. Drive two military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in two new military outfits, including fatigues and a dress uniform.
* Renegade Pack (Amazon): Show off your inner renegade in this new DLC pack. Start with two new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a ‘50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in two new suits, including leather and lettermen’s jackets to fit his renegade persona.
* Greaser Pack (Best Buy): Free access to the in-game downloadable content pack that is all about speed. These two new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair them with two new outfits for Vito — a leather jacket with heavy boots, and a leather racing suit — and get your engines revving.
People have also spotted new areas on the collector's map that isn't on the one shown to date:
Preordered the collectors edition at EB games in Bunbury yesterday for the PC of course and also the pre order bonus is the vegas pack is included as well
$118.00 for CE PC editon
Would have been nice if a mafia 2 style zippo lighter was included as well
$118? I wouldn't pay that much even if it came with a custom fucking fedora and a suit.
For Australian retailers:
Vegas Pack (EB Games - Australia and New Zealand)
*Mafia II Pin Up Posters: Pre-order Mafia II at EB Games and receive four A2 Limited Edition Pin Up Posters.
Renegade Pack (GAME and Mighty Ape New Zealand)
Greaser Pack (JB Hi Fi - Australia and New Zealand)
War Hero Pack (Independent Retailers)
When is this released?
Welcome to the forums, Bastard Child.
Ah, right. Didn't see Undead Gamer's location and assumed that was USD. Not too bad, then.
Its shit actually, but theres little us aussies can do about it. (beyond pirating games, which I dont really like doing)
If you're able to get 'em at 70 Australian that'd be more or less the same as 60 USD at the moment. Any more than that's a rip-off, yeah. Tends to happen here with new console releases too. I just scout around and get stuff shipped from Play Asia or eBay. Some of the better deals happen there.
Thanks Scots, I've been a lurker for a few years now
If we use the Amazon.com/EB Games consumer price index™:
Standard Edition - US $50 (~$60 AU)
Collector's Edition - US $70 (~$82 AU)
In Orstrayla we're slugged
Standard Edition - $98 AU (~US $84)
Collector's Edition - $118 AU (~US $102)
The collector's edition is something I'm definitely going to own, and will probably be the last CE I ever buy.
I haven't done the sums yet to see how much I can save - http://www.priceusa.com.au/
The last thing I'm waiting for is to see what 12 pictures will be used for the basis of that 4-poster collection:
Last edited by Bastard Child; 14th Jun 2010 at 01:33.
is bastard child eva ? amount of advertising spam is similar.
they truncate the game with DLC/pay for exclusives in mind and then even split the goodies up between retailers. I, as a customer, feel betrayed and have the impression that I get a lesser product compared to .... shop xyz or country xyz, not to speak of the ridiculous currency conversion rates they use, now they even discriminate shops and/or countries with their exclusive content. I love Mafia and I eagerly await its release and I would glady pay extra dollars for a collectors edition that features THE SAME BLOODY GAME for everybody except the goodies (map, merchandise, game guide, artbook). But not this.
I will play the pirated version and wait for the standard edition to fall in price.
greedy 2k made me do it