TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Lord Beilman's Estate (April 27th, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    You're right, it soooo dark playing in normal T1 mode. DDFIX is for XP users isn't it ? So I can't use it. But your FM looks stunning !

The Victrola stuff is cool - but depressing.
    No DDFIX works in Vista as well.

bikerdude
    Hmm Im getting a weird crash error with this Fm when it first starts...

I am investigating it now..

Playing now. Great mission. I love the guards AI, especially when one of the hammers outside walks over and sits down on the bench! Great effect!
    Is there anything in the restaurant or its kitchen?
    Also, which floor is the main floor? The one you enter when you first walk in right?

bikerdude
    Ok fixed the crash...

But is anyone coming accross lots of unfrobable items, books, scrolls, keys...

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Ok fixed the crash...

But is anyone coming accross lots of unfrobable items, books, scrolls, keys...
    Yep, many objects appear to be unfrobbable. So far they don't appear necessary for gameplay.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Yep, many objects appear to be unfrobbable. So far they don't appear necessary for gameplay.
    Ah Ok, sweet...

heres a funny though, knocked one the guards out and the bugger is asleep and snoring...even after I pick him and dump him in a nearby room etc lol

And another funny, read a diary in one of the rooms, the author of said diary getting a bit of a reality check...

Im not a fan of the recordings on some of the victorola's or some of the readable's - it kinda kills the atmosphere...

But on the other hand this Fm looks very good, even more so that its a ThiefGold, I like the intricate little hallways and small rooms, the flys/bugs around the outside lights and especially the dust in the night air - other Fm authors take note..

Last edited by bikerdude; 29th Apr 2009 at 05:28. Reason: :-)

Once I have acquired the skull is there anything else I can do with it?

P.S Great Fm! Haven't had this much fun in a while!

bikerdude
    got every bar the skull, wheres the skull...

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    ...even after I pick him and hump him in a room etc lol
    you did what with him?

Edit: For the skull you need to find out what to do with the lucky coin and water amulet, there is a hint to this on something you can read

Easter egg?

I've found two of the three secret carrots.

Locations:
    spoiler:
    1. Staircase leading down from main floor amongst plants
    2. In a closet on the second floor

Can anyone tell me the location of the third carrot? Also, is there any significance to the roulette wheel in the kitchen of the restaurant?

- prjames

Where be the Lucky Coin?also........I have shot all the basket balls but is there anything that opens the grill doors?

[QUOTE=JonesCrusher;1847275]Where be the Lucky Coin?

spoiler:
    On the 1st floor map, there's a bar. Note the huge fireplace. Go to the balcony overlooking this bar (second floor), jump to the higher part of the fireplace (you can't mantle to it), go to the other side of the fire place from the balcony, see a lock and pick it. Listen to the clock noise. Go to the clock in the bar - it's moved and revealed your lucky coin.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Where be the Lucky Coin?also........I have shot all the basket balls but is there anything that opens the grill doors?
    Great mission with lots to do.
    To get the coin you need to find the main floor fireplace with the tall chimmney. Run up to the 2nd floor balcony overlooking it then jump over and land on top of the fireplace. There is a lock on the other side which will open a cubby hole in that room.

I'm with bikerdude as he echoed my thoughts exactly.

And by the way you can
    spoiler:
    mantle on the fireplace with the lock box...just leap to the corner from the chair.

PRJames!

Found the third carrot!

On the top floor. From the restaurant, head into the long thing passageway that is on the top right of the map. It's on the windowsilll.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I though of that, on rare occasions (really rare)
    it wont open. Go to the second floor in the closet next to Beilman's Room. There is a spare basketball in there

Classical Master 2008
    Again, looks very nice indeed, and there are a lot of neat touches (flies attracted to the spotlamps, guard conversations, etc.) that just make it have that special something. Didn't expect to listen to conspiracy theories on talk radio, but while quite immersion-breaking, I can't say I wasn't fascinated.

However, what do I need to do in the restaurant? Couldn't figure that out. There is a kitchen, there are tables, but... what else?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Wolf View Post
    you did what with him?
    LOL sorry I meant to type "dump"..

Also why don't authors insert guards/hammers/servants/Ai from T1 to add variety to their thef 2 missions..? its nice hearing 'different' voices

Clearinghouse
    I just finished on expert and enjoyed immensely. I love mansion missions. Looks very cool for the DromEd1 just beautiful to look.
    Beautiful
    Thanks again, Vlad!

Finished. Great mission, even T2 stuff didn't spoil atmosphere. Thanks.

Loved this one!!!

Again you have suprised me with another great mission, i loved the mansion, very beautifull and relaxing, a very good gameplay and storyline, well placed beautifull ambient musics, and that eager area with those crazy taffers was really funny, with that taffeer playing basket, im not gonna describe the rest to not spoil the suprise, i highly recomend any fan to play this one

looking foward for more...we want more!!!we want more!!!we want more

Thanks for this excellent mission

Pedro Quintela

Excellent mission Vlad! Loved every minute of it! Beautiful music, terrific atmosphere and quality gameplay. Just exactly what Thief is supposed to be. Thanks for this one!

I have finished all the objectives and been to the easter egg area too; but there are still two doors I can't open, both on the highest floor. One is the big metal double-door in front of the small closet with the barrel and broken table, the other one is the metal door at the end of the narrow walkway. I have two keys and neither of them fit.

GREAT!!

This was a Great mission the textures were superb!! Loved every minute of it!! Thanx

I think I missed a key somewhere - how do I get into the restaurant and kitchen?