TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Lord Beilman's Estate (April 27th, 2009)

I think I missed a key somewhere - how do I get into the restaurant and kitchen?
    There is an orange key near the fireplace in Lord Beilman's bedroom.

BANNED
    A late arrival here, downloading now. Thank you so much for this fan mission.

I just saw it's for Thief Gold :%^%$!#!!!
    You know I can't play them

Well, perhaps when my new computer is installed, who knows?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

WOW thanks a lot! Downloading now!

Folks, do what you have to get your machines up and running this mission. Made for Thief Gold? Sure, but looks more like Thief 2. A great mission. I'm hoping we see many more like it too.

Looks like several authors - Vlad, Melan, Me are still making FMs for Thief 1/Thief Gold. That's greaT!

I'll give this mission a try.

I liked Invitation to Castle Morgoth, so i'll be playing this one too... when i get to play Thief Gold properly, at night... maybe tonight. >

Unfortunately I'm unable to play this FM well... I have trouble with doors (they disappear when I lockpick them), I'm playing with Thief 1 and no, it's not patched.

Check the faq as I believe you need a special patch to enable tg missions on t1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Check the faq as I believe you need a special patch to enable tg missions on t1.
    Yes, I know, but somehow the patch messes up with my textures and the whole installation is broken

Just finished it, lovely mission, really enjoyed solving the puzzle for the skull. Congrats on a wonderful mission

One thing, I've been hurling basket balls at that wooden hoop, please tell me there's an easier way to open the grille. I was lousy at netball at school, I can't believe I have to suffer all that trauma again

Apparently I'm the only one who couldn't solve the puzzle. Also, I didn't find any clues in any readables i found about it (The Golden skull, ofcourse). There was this room that had a tense music and a readable on table, but I was mildly dissapointed, that I couldn't frob it. In fact, There was nothing in the room, except maybe some inch of loot (maybe).

Help? :/

P.S. Just 3 pages for such a great mission? Aww...

Looks it has some T2 textures, the behaviors of the guards are funny, it's one of the best FM's i played, Well done Vlad,

Srsly, though. Anyone?

What part are you stuck on?

Do you have the lucky coin?
    Or the water talisman?

Have them both. No idea what to do with them.

OK, in that case, drop by the fountain, in the ground floor room playing Resident Evil 2 music. You will see a plaque that says "Make a wish." This should be enough hint to drop the coin in the fountain. From there it should be fairly self-evident.

Thank you! Finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    P.S. Just 3 pages for such a great mission? Aww...
    A multipage thread is not necessarily the mark of a good FM. It just means you've made a hard to beat FM. I don't think I did many things in this mission to constitue questions. On the other hand I would have preferred more pages since I like reading what people are saying.
    Anyways, glad you liked it. Im sort of partial to Invitation to Castle Morgoth between the two myself. This one I tried to look like a completely different author, last one was a "tech" approach, this one "visual". Also it was in a way, to take hate away from TG by showing it can look and play just as bit as good as T2.

Help!

I have been able to get this mission working when played on T1 through Garrettloader and it looks good and has a nice creepy look to it; but I am having a problem on the third floor where some of the AI guards patrolling the carpet paths are invisible.

I recently installed ddfix 1.3.11 and I was able to knock out one of the 3rd floor AI's with the blackjack which I could not do before I installed the patch, but he was still invisible. Also, some of the doors are just black until they are opened or picked opened.

What might I be missing (besides an actual copy of TG) in order to play this FM more fully on Thief 1 through Garrettloader?

Is there going to be a version for T2?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help.

Fixed it.

I just need to download the TG media texture patch from the COSAS.

Sorry to bother anyone.

The guards are now visible.

Thanks anyway.

Finally played this one, and I'm amazed. This is the proof that Thief Gold in no way is less fun than Thief 2, I had a great time. The thing I enjoyed most were the guard conversations, they made the mansion more alive and realistic. Thanks for this great FM, and I hope to see another TG mission from you!

Vlad, in my humble opinion, makes some the most enjoyable missions around and really showcases just how good T1 and TG are.

I did whole story-line via readables for this mission before it was released; which, by a mistake on my part, never saw the light when the mission was finally released. But, as Vlad and I had discussed at the time, the play-through in the mission itself was so good that it didn't need the added story. Still, I wish I hadn't messed up as I feel that I let Vlad down.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 21st Dec 2009 at 12:22. Reason: language

Need to fix

A found a bug in this mission. The hammers' lantern don't affect the light gem and the hammers don't recognize garret's presence.

I can assure you those Hammerites recognized me. I still have bruises...