TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 74 123456111621263136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 4 Officially Announced!

Eidos Montreal

Thief 4 Officially Announced!

The worst kept secret in gaming finally comes out from the shadows! Yes, it's official: Thief 4 is in development at Eidos Montréal!

Sorry I haven't been active much but I had to remain quiet in case people *really* started drawing conclusions! But I'm here now! To start, check out www.thief4.com and the official forum at http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268. No worries though, I don't expect TTLG to migrate there.

The community here is amazing and everyone at Eidos Montreal has been watching the activity here over the past few months. Thanks for all the work keeping the Thief community alive for all these years. I'm but a mere newcomer while you guys have been working hard for years and the whole studio here is really appreciative of that. Thief is alive and well thanks to you!

I'm here as Eidos Montreal's community guy. I'm in the studio sitting right in the middle of the Thief and Deus Ex teams, so I can be a conduit of information between the dev team and community. Of course there are times when I can't say things, but keep pushing me, as some people already have been! *cough*jtr7*cough* I'm a fan of the originals and while I haven't been an active member of the community such as you all here, I was there, at the beginning!

We've seen the threads about what to do and what not to do, and while we're not saying too much now, I think people will be happy. At the same time, we've seen the SDK requests and are looking into those too. No promises but it's being looked into.

I'm really glad to be here and if you ever want to get in touch with me, send me a PM here or on the official forum any time.

René

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by scruggs; 11th May 2009 at 09:17. Reason: further spasmodic enthusiasm

Welcome here, Rene. I'm glad to see you aboard!

A big thanks to you as well, the fact that you guys find these forums valuable means a lot to all of us i think. Since we all care deeply about the franchise and canon it's affirming to know you have gathered input from this community.

We've been here quite some time, so take your time with this baby and make her count! I hope you don't have too much pressure on you to ship at a certain date.

Keep up the good work

Clearinghouse

Awesomeness!

The most important question: Will there be an official multiplayer support?

Thank you so much for this announcement - none of the pages people are linking to will load for me at all.

Huzahh!!

This is most excellent news!

Great stuff; I've been watching and waiting for this one!

Looking forward to hearing more about it.

René, a lot of people who would have enjoyed T3 more than they did were put off by the 'x-box optimization' (small levels, fog-bound loading zone markers), given that large, sprawling levels were a staple of T1 and T2. Can you tell us what system T4 will be 'optimized' for? Or, at least, how it compares to the previous games in terms of level size and the existence of loading zones?

Thanks,
    ~Nathan

YAY, im so excited one of my favourite series of all time, if not the most.
    I just signed up cause i didnt wanna get too excited about the rumors however ive been a longtime reader, great community, and i hope to make friends with all u taffers.

thanks rene for the post, u made my day.

Very, very good news!
    Do you love Thief 1&2? Then please sign the petition about their source publication.

Finally! So when thief4.com will be started?

http://www.eidosmontreal.com/

The project stays no more secret on Eidos Montreal's website!!! The logo is published there!

Hehe, was just checking http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/games.html and hurried on over to find this here.

Thanks for the special attention, and I hope you deliver on our demands

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    At the same time, we've seen the SDK requests and are looking into those too. No promises but it's being looked into.
    I hope.

I hope they improve their proof-reading!

OMG!!!! FINALLYYYY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    The worst kept secret in gaming finally comes out from the shadows! Yes, it's official: Thief 4 is in development at Eidos Montréal!

Sorry I haven't been active much but I had to remain quiet in case people *really* started drawing conclusions! But I'm here now! To start, check out www.thief4.com and the official forum at http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268. No worries though, I don't expect TTLG to migrate there.

The community here is amazing and everyone at Eidos Montreal has been watching the activity here over the past few months. Thanks for all the work keeping the Thief community alive for all these years. I'm but a mere newcomer while you guys have been working hard for years and the whole studio here is really appreciative of that. Thief is alive and well thanks to you!

I'm here as Eidos Montreal's community guy. I'm in the studio sitting right in the middle of the Thief and Deus Ex teams, so I can be a conduit of information between the dev team and community. Of course there are times when I can't say things, but keep pushing me, as some people already have been! *cough*jtr7*cough* I'm a fan of the originals and while I haven't been an active member of the community such as you all here, I was there, at the beginning!

We've seen the threads about what to do and what not to do, and while we're not saying too much now, I think people will be happy. At the same time, we've seen the SDK requests and are looking into those too. No promises but it's being looked into.

I'm really glad to be here and if you ever want to get in touch with me, send me a PM here or on the official forum any time.

René
    I'm just registered now

But why thief4.com still has a '-'???

Put at least this logo on full page http://eidosmontreal.com/files//imag...4wallpaper.JPG

So, we can expect this game by next week right?

Great news. Although everything already pointed heavily in the direction of a Thief 4 I'm really happy to know for sure now.
    I hope the team has a good time developing and we a good time picking every morsel of information apart.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 11th May 2009 at 09:45.

YAY! To have someone from the team post here, is so very cool, thank you Rene'!

The Burricks are alive and well, and living it up in NY after they heard the news!

I'll be the first to ask, when is the game coming out? Someone had to say it.

Hip, hip, huzzah!

--
    Larris

Whoa. Just plain whoa. I'm beyond excited and soooo thankful that TTLG exists, since my first reaction was to share this great news with somebody. Since my dog & cats were totally unimpressed with this fantastic news and since my friends are not Taffers, TTLG is the only place I could go to revel with my fellow Taffers in the news of the upcoming T4. Thanks so much Rene, sharing this with us!

P.S. Good one, B'Arts!

P.P.S. I'll give you a lot of credit in being able to refrain from posting regarding all the T4 speculation, Rene! If it had been me, I'd have let the Taffer out of the bag a long time ago.

Now let's hope the devs will take a few pointers/hints from some of our 'What would you like to see in T4 (etc.)', type threads.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm thrilled and excited! It's also very gratifying seeing Rene' here and knowing that the dev team is in touch with TTLG and the rabid Thief fan base here.

I even looked at the job openings, but my wife would never forgive me for moving farther north.

Page 1 of 74 123456111621263136414651 ... LastLast