TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 4 Officially Announced!

Oh, that would be most excellent.

:)

thief 4 cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

On-topic: Blessing news! The forums and the net as a whole went wild! BTW my whole family is excited.

@ Star Wars freaks: Don't forget the forum is being watched. Keep this up and some dev may get the idea to introduce lightsabers in Thief 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    On-topic: Blessing news! The forums and the net as a whole went wild! BTW my whole family is excited.

@ Star Wars freaks: Don't forget the forum is being watched. Keep this up and some dev may get the idea to introduce lightsabers in Thief 4
    Hush! They can see you!

jtr7
    The whole family, Dan? That's wonderful! You are so blessed!

All I really ask for is the same setting and gameplay spirit that the series has had in the past. Keep the thief feel there, and I'll definitely purchase the game on release day. If the heart and soul of what makes Thief great stays in tact, the rest should follow.

Also - rope arrows, no loading zones, expansive levels and swimmable water please.

...and all the information in those previous threads on what we all want, or hope for, or don't want, will emerge in some kind of coherent form.
    Hmm... maybe the mods of these forums can create an extensive poll where people can vote for which features they want or don't want. That way, the hopes of the community as a whole would crystalize into a usable, more significant, form.

Quote Originally Posted by hikikomori-san View Post
    Hmm... maybe the mods of these forums can create an extensive poll where people can vote for which features they want or don't want. That way, the hopes of the community as a whole would crystalize into a usable, more significant, form.
    I agree with this idea! It's great form of getting development team the right feedback & directions what is the "spirit" of thief!

That idea sounds good to me, since this forum might have influence on T4 it could be a good idea to have such poll.

so this is WHY this site was down yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    hmmm... a new sect split out from the hammerites?

the Laserists? Lighters?

oh god, that's wonderful news

TTLG Server Goddess
    Well this has got to be the best thing since flushable applicators!

(can we go on the assumption that DX2 and TDS never actually happened and begin rejoicing, and slobbering in anticipation from there?)

Quote Originally Posted by MsLedd View Post
    Well this has got to be the best thing since flushable applicators!

(can we go on the assumption that DX2 and TDS never actually happened and begin rejoicing, and slobbering in anticipation from there?)

Seconded on both counts MsLedd.

Just another voice to say HOORAY!

A friend sent me an email about this yesterday, and I rushed in here to find that both TTLG and Thief the Circle were down.

That made me scared and excited, but having just arrived at work today (I'm in Australia) and found this forum up - man, I'm just STOKED!

Fantastic news, especially (as many have said) that Eidos have been reading the forums here.

I can now only hope that Eidos give a job to EVERYONE who worked on T2X.
    They all deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    Oh, stop being a pansy, and man-up and finish it. It's not like we're asking you to play Halo or something.
    Halo's fun if you play it with a stealthy mode of play ...

Good grief, some of the stuff in this thread.

Daveman, that was just uncool.

Those of you who insist on posting angry comments and bashings aren't helping in anyway. I think it's best to keep it to yourself, and just wait and see what happens, as master taffer 512 pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
    don't know if this got posted before but here it is:

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/...oper-Interview

Thanks very much, Dominus. Good article. The one thing I have to say though, is I hope Stephane was joking about being proud about the "THI4F" idea.

Oh, and it sounds to me like Eidos Montreal understands that fans will be mad if they stray too far from the original games' design and appeal, while balancing the fact that they want to appeal to new players alike. Good luck with that EM, this will be a tough project, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    This "You want a 'remake'?" question that's gaining popularity is entirely missing the point. If you read what's been posted, you can't come to that conclusion form our words alone. It's a strawman argument, plain and simple. Since the question is going to be put out there over and over again, I'm not going to explain it over and over again.

What made the games great and enduring will not be present in a new game if you keep deviating from the roots. The game can look better and up-to-date, feel more immersive, run like a dream, and just frikkin' blow it for a Thief game, or it can truly grow from the same ingredients, the same roots, and be fantastic. ...

Not a remake. A recapturing of what has been lost.
    Yup, I pretty much agree there man. A remake would be a bad move most likely. Look at doom 3. (Yeah it was a good game in it's own right, but I perceived that a lot of hardcore doom fans were disappointed with this remake.) I think with this being the fourth title in the series, it makes more sense to try a new game, that respects the old games, but doesn't try to retell/ remake the game, like what doom 3 did.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 12th May 2009 at 22:24. Reason: added more comments.

Well, this is kind of humbling.

I will say you guys are taking the "THI4F" thing way too seriously, though.

Hey EvilSpirit! Yup.

Check this out peeps. Totally have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpirit View Post
    I will say you guys are taking the "THI4F" thing way too seriously, though.

Welcome back to the forums! And I definitely agree lol

oh and um... you don't happen to have the Dark Engine source code lying around anywhere do you?
    Last edited by Cobak; 13th May 2009 at 00:18.

I have nothing substantial to add to the conversation, but I'm just adding my optimism to the pile:

Woo-hoo!

jtr7
    EvilSpirit!

What a hoot! It actually makes sense for you to stop by. Unexpected but very cool! Good to have you grace us with your presence, Sir. This has to be an interesting experience for you to see this day come, I'm guessing?

I'm amazed at how Thief just never gets old for so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    I'm amazed at how Thief just never gets old for so many of us.
    heh... speaking of which, i just finished installing thief 2 on windows 7 (and for anyone wondering, its the exact same as Vista for the install)

Maybe they can hire Purah to write the story!!

Purah where are you??

Quote Originally Posted by Cobak View Post
    hmmm... a new sect split out from the hammerites?

the Laserists? Lighters?
    I'd be down with that.

(not)

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661 ... LastLast