TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 4 Officially Announced!

Finally! Thief 4, yeah!

In light of recent news, I have decided to change my username.

This is so awesome. Thief is the only series that I have ever truly loved. It ruined me for all other PC games. I have always looked for something to fill the Thief void but no other game ever did it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Blith_Erring_Idio View Post
    This is so awesome. Thief is the only series that I have ever truly loved. It ruined me for all other PC games. I have always looked for something to fill the Thief void but no other game ever did it for me...
    Seconded.

@Br4thr4n: Clever. Very clever.

Marry me.

You got it wrong, Br4thr4n - you have no A's in your name. Now Di4 on the other hand...

jtr7
    Would it...um...be taken offensively for me to have the title of "Keeper Loremaster" added under my username? I know people have given many other suggestions for names they'd like to call me.

Maybe Keeper Lorenovice? It's not about ego but my apparent job title, the forum function I've found myself in, and as a warning to others of my frightening geekiness--not that I'm powerful and should not be trifled with--heck no!--but that I will not relent. Really hard to not sound conceited, here, but I'm not. I'm grateful for the positive responses that make me feel like I've gotten a promotion by my fellow taffers. Weird, but cool!

I'll retract the question if it's ruled a dumb idea.

LONG LIVE THIAF!

Does this work?

Broken4rts

jtr7
    It makes me think of something crude!

Excuse me, but what is Thiaf?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You got it wrong, Br4thr4n - you have no A's in your name. Now Di4 on the other hand...
    I'm lovin' that one, Yandros!!

I agree with Xuio. I don't want to sound overly negative, since the announcement is great news, but please just call it Thief 4.

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuio View Post
    Excuse me, but what is Thiaf?
    Hmm... Are you saying you don't understand my joke, or that you don't agree with the THI4F name?

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I agree with Xuio. I don't want to sound overly negative, since the announcement is great news, but please just call it Thief 4.
    (I think they are doing in on purpose)

Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    The community here is amazing and everyone at Eidos Montreal has been watching the activity here over the past few months. Thanks for all the work keeping the Thief community alive for all these years. I'm but a mere newcomer while you guys have been working hard for years and the whole studio here is really appreciative of that. Thief is alive and well thanks to you!
    Hey, all jokes aside, I just wanted to say thanks to EM for taking on Thief4 and recognizing our community - many other studios would have just ignored us. We'll offers suggestions, opinions, and (constructive) criticism until the end of time to assist you guys in releasing a great game. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing how the game evolves over the next couple of years...!

nice to have Rene watching over here and its good news the devs are asking for the fan's input!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yeah, I just saw the post on the EM forums

Thank 4k for that.

jtr7
    Yes. I'm not sure if VIKTORIA's thread title questions are what Eid-Mon is wanting to know at this time, but we could use those to focus our input.

Quote Originally Posted by Blith_Erring_Idio View Post
    And thirded. I stopped looking in 2003. Apart from the occasional adventure game, I haven't played anything else since I found Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    maybe they are testing the wrath of the Thief community...

or more likely just having a nice laugh at our expense...

either possibility amuses me

and if they did that as a joke, it gives me hope for a good sense of humor in Thief as well... which is definitely a part of the game i would like to see continued
    Last edited by Cobak; 11th May 2009 at 11:24.

jtr7
    Before Thief (1995-2001 B.T.) it was Diablo and Solitaire. After Thief (2001-2009 A.T.) it was only Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Br4thr4n View Post
    Hey, all jokes aside, I just wanted to say thanks to EM for taking on Thief4 and recognizing our community - many other studios would have just ignored us. We'll offers suggestions, opinions, and (constructive) criticism until the end of time to assist you guys in releasing a great game. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing how the game evolves over the next couple of years...!

yes, thank you René and the rest of the EM team!

Quote Originally Posted by Br4thr4n View Post
    QFE. Thanks so much for this, I'm sure you'll have our support moving forward!

T H I 4 F emerges from the shadows...

...then promptly disappears again!

Not unexpected, of course, and not a complete disappointment; however it would have been nice to have some more information on the new game. Maybe some artwork?

Well, to fill the temporary void, I offer this fan art wallpaper in honour of one of the scariest Thief levels ever (next to 'The Cradle') - 'Return to the Haunted Cathedral'.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2...dcathedral.jpg

Stay scared

x
    Last edited by chagnampra; 11th May 2009 at 13:41.

Eidos Montreal
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanGPLC View Post
    René, a lot of people who would have enjoyed T3 more than they did were put off by the 'x-box optimization' (small levels, fog-bound loading zone markers), given that large, sprawling levels were a staple of T1 and T2. Can you tell us what system T4 will be 'optimized' for? Or, at least, how it compares to the previous games in terms of level size and the existence of loading zones?
    I can't confirm anything right now or the dev team will kill me! But the team has studied the previous three games and evaluated how they differed and for what reasons, as well as reading fan feedback. That's all I can say for now!