TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338394041424344454647485358636873 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1826

Thread: Thief 4 Officially Announced!

Administrator
    That's actually pretty encouraging. Just wish there was more visible progress.

So is his work done, or did he quit?

Hmm, this could be interpreted two ways:

1. He quit because he didn't like what was going on at EM
    2. He left because his work was finished and they don't need him anymore

"Left working on Thief 4", English obviously isn't my native language, but for me it sounds more like he left before his work was done.

Being that he's a freelancer by nature, and that there wasn't even a hint of any kind of a argument/conflict, I'd guess it's simply that his work was done. Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know already though, in regards to how far along the game is.

Depends on what his job was. If he was just implementing a generative music system, that doesn't say a whole lot. If he was also putting the system to work and scoring the game, then the completion of his work might mean a great deal of the content is already finished.

What do we know about the game's progress?

jtr7
    Paul created all new sounds from scratch for the game, scored any scoring, created and set up the sounds for the GRAMPS/wise system to use, and was all-around Audio Director, Sound Designer, and one more title I forget.

As for the game, we don't know squat other than that the game was announced after the proof-of-concept was approved, and twice since then, once before Square-Enix bought 'em up, and once during the year after, D'Astous has proclaimed the the team was making "leaps and bounds," and was never "so greenlight," respectively. We haven't gotten past that other than some of the DX:HR team went to give the T4 team a hand and the EM teams are almost twice the size (~140 people per team) D'Astous envisioned before Square-Enix took over.

I wonder about the cost of production as time goes on and on, and how they might recoup the expenses. They've at least saved money through less marketing. I also wonder how much it would cost to update the Eidos games pages that still say DX3 is coming soon, etc.

This gives me hope that it will be shown at E3 and released later this year!

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    Ugh. So much for that.

Yeah. Take a look at this thread - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...124323&page=16

The Thi4f project isn't looking to good.

That's a bit troubling. Glad to see Kyle's posting on the Thief forums now, though. I always wondered why he stayed away from the place back when I still lurked there.

Unfortunately, the problem I've noticed is what little he does say tends to piss most people off.
    Last edited by Vorn; 22nd Mar 2012 at 04:57.

I looked over a few of his more recent posts and saw nothing of the sort. He did sound a bit annoyed on occasion, but frankly that's forgivable if not downright impressive. Just reading the board felt increasingly embarrassing with time, nevermind the sheer regret of having played into the idiocy with my handful of posts. I do not envy the forum interaction aspect of his job (his ability to maintain composure, maybe).

I suppose thiaf gen has a very agitated vibe in general, but that has f*** all to do with coyotegrey.

I respectfully disagree. I think the reason why most people are frustrated over there is because there hasn't really been any communication for the past 3 years, and what little has been said has been questionable in it's authenticity. This has naturally resulted in a sense of distrust and disconnection among the fans, and created a preventable strife.

Damn, doesn't look good for EM. I still wonder why no significant news has been announced the past 3 years on the project. Not even a screenshot or any info on the game such as platform or status, most importantly.

It's like they are going the way of Valve, the black mesa source team, and duke nukem forever. That is, taking a long time to develop a game and not giving much information other than "when it's done" - when I say that I mostly refer to Valve and black mesa source, I don't know if that's true of the duke nukem team.

Before someone comes in and accuses me of being impatient, I'm not being impatient. I'm just curious as to why there has been little information on thief 4, and the only thing I wish for is at least an indication that the game is still on track for completion. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some sort of information especially after three years. I'm not asking for tons of info, just a basic "yes the game is on track for completion and is not dead" or "sorry folks but we've been struggling with the project and it may not come to fruition" or even "sorry it's dead." Not in those exact words but you get what I am trying to say. I doubt it's the third option because surely some news would come out even if it's not from EM directly. But who knows? I certainly hope it hasn't come to this, because then there is definitely a legitimate reason to be pissed off.

Also, my thoughts on the topic over at the eidos forums. I agree with victoria who said that them starting the forum early was fine. However, some sort of official news on the forum would be great instead of us nervously sitting in the dark wondering what's happening, or having to scavenge for information from people's twitters, etc.

I assume coyotegrey is Kyle, is that right?
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 22nd Mar 2012 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    the only thing I wish for is at least an indication that the game is still on track for completion
    We haven't received any information that would suggest otherwise, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that they still think Thiaf is being made.

I agree with victoria who said that them starting the forum early was fine. However, some sort of official news on the forum would be great instead of us nervously sitting in the dark wondering what's happening, or having to scavenge for information from people's twitters, etc.
    That's true. Establishing a forum early was understandably seen as a promise of interaction between the developers and the community, and none of that has happened. Arkane is doing a far better job with Dishonored in that respect.

I assume coyotegrey is Kyle, is that right?
    Yep.

jtr7
    The timeline is still missing the May 11, 2009 official announcement.
    http://www.eidosmontreal.com/studio/oo
    Last edited by jtr7; 1st Apr 2012 at 07:09.

What do you mean?...According to Coyotegrey, THI4F was never officially announced...
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...94#post1696994

"It was never officially announced. Sometimes information gets out when it's not quite the right time, ya dig?" ~ Kyle Stallock (Coyotegrey)
    Last edited by Vorn; 31st Mar 2012 at 21:33.

jtr7
    Yeah, I remember that. I put Kyle's revisionism out of mind more and more as I work to overcome my interest in T4 as a product I'll never play.

That liar René really filled my head with misinformation that plagues me to this day!
    Quote Originally Posted by @eidosmontreal
    THIEF 4 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED! www.thief4.com and www.eidosmontreal.com
    7:26 AM May 11th, 2009 from web
    http://twitter.com/#!/eidosmontreal/status/1763405408
    Last edited by jtr7; 1st Apr 2012 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. I put Kyle's revisionism out of mind more and more as I work to overcome my interest in T4 as a product I'll never play.
    You never know...When the time comes, The Builder may smile upon thee and share his gifts with those who have remained steadfast and true...

That liar René really filled my head with misinformation that plagues me to this day!
    Yes!...that unscrupulous René deceived us all!...It's a good thing we now have Kyle to set us straight...
    Last edited by Vorn; 1st Apr 2012 at 03:37.

jtr7
    Oh hey, I don't need reassuring. I no longer hope for a T4 I may enjoy, or any other product from EM, or the gaming industry at large. T4's a mere curiosity at this point. The best has already come of it for me, and even that is years old. Any anticipation for T4 on my end is either unconscious habit left over from community interaction from 2008 to early 2010, or actually just regarding getting the T4 launch and initial community impact over with. I'm most genuinely interested in what this place will be like once the dust settles. For me, T4 as a product will not waste my time, money, or drive space. I remind the people who can't help themselves that I'm not a gamer, and haven't been for decades, so any consumerist or gaming lifestyle perspective has no application.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post

http://twitter.com/#!/eidosmontreal/status/1763405408
    + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVoKNCJSzQ

jtr7
    The Eidos people are extremely sensitive about a perceived misuse of the word "Official." Does Mr. D'Astous use the word "official" directly regarding the announcement that T4 is in development? If not, Eidos will deny our interpretation of any official announcement regarding T4 in that vid. I don't speak French, so I intentionally left out all videos and articles that don't have an important EM person using the word "official" directly about the T4 announcement.

I find it odd that Mario Aguera is Lead Producer, Stéphane Roy is Producer, but Mario's pic and bio were replaced by Mr. Roy's, and Mario's video was removed as if he left the project. They've never cared about typos and inaccurate labels before, if the reason for the removals was due to the differences in "Lead Producer" and "Producer". And of course, some NDA overkill won't allow any employee to just set the record straight with minimal use of text, but they can roll eyes and tell us we're wrong a lot.
    Last edited by jtr7; 1st Apr 2012 at 21:47.

yes, he says "official" twice.

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38131823283338394041424344454647485358636873 ... LastLast