TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What's your Thi4f nightmare?

Thiaf nightmare?

Well, Garrett marrying Lara Croft in the haunted cathedral, a in-game sequence of them having a gangbang with the builder himself on the hammerites church altar and getting a children named Garroft - which is the player in Thiaf which comes out in the year 2666.

PURE HORROR! GAAAHHGJjhmgvbmg!111

Still Subjective
    Tweak it, set it to Marylin Manson, throw in the Kaiser and it'll be... awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cemeth View Post
    -
    And the last level will be something along the lines of "enter the alien spacecraft undetected, steal X shiny sci-fi hi-tech gadgets to make the ship explode, and then you've saved the world! And you get the girl in the end and retire from thievery due to being a famous hero"
    (Developer comment: "we have supernatural stuff already so they fit in too")
    Like, "enter the Maw undetected, steal shiney Eye gadget to make the Trickster explode, and then you've saved the world!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Tweak it, set it to Marylin Manson, throw in the Kaiser and it'll be... awesome.
    I kind of agree...

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    A modern setting, no Garrett, 3rd person, no swimmable water etc....
    Actually these first two are my nightmares as well... What makes it worse I can see that happening - some weird idea to move Thief into the 2000s, with electronic devices, hacking etc. etc.

My other fear is that they take the small girl at the end of T3 and make the game some sort of a platform/puzzle solver a la Tomb Raider...

Pretty sure I've said this already in the thread, and elsewhere...but just the fact that they announced the game as Thi4f or "Thiaf", that was the beginning of the nightmare for me. I'm just waiting for it all to unfold.

Garrett becomes a guitar hero and gets stoned with Benny every night. Adventures include going to the toilet, obtaining drugs, killing the music competition, scoring with the rock chick and munchies fun-run.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    but just the fact that they announced the game as Thi4f or "Thiaf", that was the beginning of the nightmare for me. I'm just waiting for it all to unfold.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Molock View Post
    Thiaf nightmare?

Well, Garrett marrying Lara Croft in the haunted cathedral, a in-game sequence of them having a gangbang with the builder himself on the hammerites church altar and getting a children named Garroft - which is the player in Thiaf which comes out in the year 2666.

PURE HORROR! GAAAHHGJjhmgvbmg!111

And after all of these things happen, Uwe Boll will finish it by making a movie....modern,including terrorists with slow scenes.

Nightmare?
    Well, that it will suck or if its close to being good, its way too consolish.

I dreamt it has a pop-soundtrack instead of brain-crushingly eerie haunting electronic noise ambient edge of your seat sound. and Enya does the title song in welsh and every 10seconds you get an "achievement unlocked" pop-up. there are so many things in games nowadays that kill atmosphere constantly, grabbing your attention with instant gratification because you know, you could get bored if nothing happens for 30 seconds ....

if they make it like T2, because:

- there is almost no atmosphere in T2 unlike T1 where you could cut it with a knife.
    - the level design is 4/10 at best, again, unlike T1 where its 10/10.
    - robots in medieval setting = FIAL (yes, fial not fail). doesn't matter that its pseudo medieval setting and that they robots work on steam, its still FIAL.
    - its too cold and wet in T2, i always catch cold playing it.

you can all hate me now

Nobody can hate you for liking T1.
    I can not say the same for liking T3.

Hate me now, hate me hard.

jtr7
    You sadomasochist!

No arrows, no sword, no blackjack!!! no guards, just police and soldiers, all is shoots everywhere!!!
    we must go to Eidos Montreal and teach them what is THIEF

Quote Originally Posted by Dussander View Post
    Garrett becomes a guitar hero and gets stoned with Benny every night. Adventures include going to the toilet, obtaining drugs, killing the music competition, scoring with the rock chick and munchies fun-run.
    lol it made me laugh

My nightmare?

THI4F becomes a fan mission. Same engine. Same gameplay. Mildly improved graphics. Same briefings. Same style of music.

Yay, banality!

jtr7
    Did you just dis an entire forum?

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Did you just dis an entire forum?
    Haha. No, not at all.

I suppose I should have worded it differently. I love fan missions. I play fan missions. Hell, I've even made fan missions.

But fan missions are fan missions. There's no point in creating an entirely new game if it's not going to be different in some way. Even sports games have new gameplay mechanics and features

Pfft, sports games really haven't changed since good ol Looking Glass Technologies Madden 93.

Oh yeah.

My personal Thief4 nightmare would be... Garrett being voiced by someone other than Stephen Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Sylph_14 View Post
    My personal Thief4 nightmare would be... Garrett being voiced by someone other than Stephen Russell
    What happens if there is no Garrett?

man, i hated to write this

jtr7
    It hurts, doesn't it.

As the refrain goes, no Garrett very likely means no Benny/Dumb Guard, and I like his elder Hammerite. It will also be weird to not hear Dan Thron's voices, such as the Smart Guard to Russell's Benny.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast