TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Whispers in the Desert (From Beneath the Sands 2) - 25/05/09

Thanks Nickie.
    The one area I constantly avoided is the one area I needed.

Why is it out of it's box?

Ummmm . . . Give me a few minutes and I might be able to come up with some suitably implausible reply!

However, nicked has an answer for everything - so maybe we'll wait for him.

Ah, the memories. I loved so much From Beneath The Sands, so does this one for sure. Thanks!

dkessler - If you put out the guardians then there should now be a ladder going up to the room with book.

well... both guardians are out but there is no ladder unfortunately
    I even replayed it
    Last edited by dkessler; 26th May 2009 at 06:49.

dkessler - This isn't something that happened in testing so it's a bit of a puzzle. how did you put them out? Was it by putting out the fires in the whatever-they're called.

nickie - I used holy water

got it, but if holy water is used instead of putting out the torches then I am stuck

dkessler:
    All you need to do is put out the fires in the fire stands that are behind those apparitions.
    If you do it should extinguish the two apparitions. That should then open the ladder.

I think I understand what you're saying. All that is needed is to put out the fires in the two braziers with normal water arrows, the guardians will disappear and the ladder will be revealed.

Try this and let us know if it works now. If not, then I'm stumped!

bob_doe_nz beat me to it! And, of course, fire stands is so much more helpful than 'whatever-they're-called'.
    Last edited by nickie; 26th May 2009 at 07:26.

nearly all of these "Egyptian" Fm's I have played over ther years have been staggering beautiful, well executed and thought out well and this one is no exception... Nicked, pat yourself on the back my man..

Thiefmissions.com is down, no way to download this one..

You can have it here:
    http://files.filefront.com/WhispersI.../fileinfo.html

Nice mission, by the way

Thanx, fibanocci (thiefmissions.com still down).

Timing sucks a bit for me, cause I'm in middle of 2 campaigns (actually 3) and planning on next mission that comes in TIS, but this is really great news! I'll be sure to play this... probably in a few weeks. Also, this gives me a reason to finish the first part. (never finished it due to reinstall things and then saves went to waste somehow)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl View Post
    This is probably the best tomb style mission I have played yet . The graphics, sound, and game play are right on . The puzzles were interesting and entertaining without being overly difficult, the readables were descriptive and entertaining without being long winded . Basically everything was well balanced which made for a fun mission, thank you very much .
    I totally agree. This is one of the best executed missions I've played. Everything just seemed spot on. The lighting and sound was just excellent in many places.

I feel like I tip-toed through this entire mission waiting for some awful trap to spring

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Why is it out of it's box?
    Erm... because I'm evil? The idea is you think the treasure is in the box so take ages to pick it, only to be disappointed, but if you look behind it carefully, you get the prize. So yeah, just a mean trick really.

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler
    I used holy water
    Crap! That would be a bug - those guys are meant to be invincible, save for the "puzzle" way to defeat them. Ah well, there's always one that slips through... Or usually two or three in my case!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Crap! That would be a bug - those guys are meant to be invincible, save for the "puzzle" way to defeat them. Ah well, there's always one that slips through... Or usually two or three in my case!
    Yeah, even that blue apparition in the iron cog puzzle can be killed with holy water.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie
    bob_doe_nz beat me to it! And, of course, fire stands is so much more helpful than 'whatever-they're-called'.
    Trust me, I couldn't remember the word brazier then and there when typing and went with fire stand.

right. grabbing this! loved the first one.

Ok I think im stuck,im throughthe sphinx - in the room with millions of spikes, I assume this room contains the book of the dead..? so how do I get the book/scroll..? I have explored every other room.

I'm only 10 minutes into this, but I find this mission really, really, really, really good (it has awed away my entire vocabulary)- like I'm talkin' one of my favorite missions of all time good.

I'll be back with more comments after I beat it, or maybe one of those big review things everyone keeps talking about.
    (edit: Also I already found one of the five relics, so aren't *I* the man.)

@ Biker - you need to work your way down and then try this.

Apparently I'm the only one that hasn't figured out the "Pillars of steel" thing... Any clues?

Also I found a little switch hidden way up on a pillar in the room with the four sarcophigi but I can't figure out what it does???

Not sure what you mean about the "Pillars of Steel" but I was going to ask about that button too.

I'm done except for getting out and I'd like to find the other relics. I've got 2, 3 and 5. Where do I look for 1 & 4 please?

This is a fantastic mission! Great atmosphere and sound, good puzzles that aren't too hard but hard enough, beautiful to look at...it's got it all! Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Not sure what you mean about the "Pillars of Steel" but I was going to ask about that button too.
    There is the plaque that says something like "Only when the pillar of steel is free'd will you gain access to the pool". It's on the ground in front of what appears to be a pool of water, but if I jump in the water I die. Right around the corner from this pool is the stone that must be moved from the other side (it tells you this when you frob it).

Hope that explains a little better.