TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Texture Problem in Thief 2

Texture Problem in Thief 2

Hello there!

After finally getting XP again I wanted to finally finish Thief 2, since it won't run on Vista x64 no matter what.

So, after patching to the final version and using the latest ddfix, it runs well in a good resolution, but there's one problem.

In the beginning of the very first mission, some terrain and object textures are mono-colored with lines. E.g. , the dish/plate on the left table in the butler room, the beds in the guard's quarter are blue, and the flares in the armory next to the quarter are completely green.

I thought of downloading oe of the texture pack... but firstly, I don't know what's the difference between the Enhancement pack and the NTEX-pack, and secondly, rural Germany still has no fast internet, so downloading them would take up to 4 hours. So I thought, before downloading them in vain, I rather ask first.

Quote Originally Posted by Megane of Ceremony View Post
    So, after patching to the final version and using the latest ddfix, it runs well in a good resolution, but there's one problem.

In the beginning of the very first mission, some terrain and object textures are mono-colored with lines. E.g. , the dish/plate on the left table in the butler room,
    Hmm sounds almost like DDfix hasent actualy patched, try and un-patch and re-patch..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Hmm sounds almost like DDfix hasent actualy patched, try and un-patch and re-patch..
    Nope, didn't help... And it should have patched it, since without I can't even start the game. But that's HD 4870 for you I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Megane of Ceremony View Post
    Nope, didn't help... And it should have patched it, since without I can't even start the game. But that's HD 4870 for you I guess...
    I did a test on this card some while back

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122596

So re-reading my old thread, I reckon it could be a driver issue - go back to an earlier driver to see if the problem is removed..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I did a test on this card some while back

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122596

So re-reading my old thread, I reckon it could be a driver issue - go back to an earlier driver to see if the problem is removed..

I replaced the current 9.5 with the 9.4 one. You were right, the textures are normal again. Thank you for this advice!

sweet.

Seems like both nvidia and ATI have dropped the ball with the latest drivers, 185.50 and 9.5.