TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Five Tigers: Claw of the Tiger (June 22, 2009)

Sorry, I didn't get him. I dropped loaves of bread in poison and hole-floor room and with compass poison proved to be the west room and hole-floor - north.
    Edit: Also dropped a bread in the room you get teleported in, with the dead guard, it's the east room... surprise, surprise.

This is a hard mission for retards. :/
    Last edited by Thor; 25th Jun 2009 at 06:27.

Thor02 - above the lava, try different compass directions (frozen room is s-w, I think)
    Edit: I think bob_doe_nz is talking about leaving loaves in the cage above the lava to mark which directions you've already been.
    Thanx, Hope Vincent - come to think of it, there was a clue about that - but so many readables!

Got rope arrows explored high up and can't find anything.... what have I missed.

Wow. Finished this amazing mission.
    Well beyond my skills.
    Missed 6 secrets and ~700 loot.

Sticky Fingers - thanks. I never realised there were 4 paths in there. I guess I just thought I was extreemly lucky by guessing the "right one" with 2nd attempt. I should have known...

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Bikerdude, I've never used garret loader.
    so you unzip fm's directly into the thief folder ?

ah, well I'd say this mission is using resources from a previous mission you installed then as they won't get cleaned out

have you got a clean copy of the Thief installation you can use ? if not then I'd say completely uninstall Thief and do a fresh install

I have a clean installation of Thief with all the patches to make it run in a zip file for problems like this, it's much faster than a fresh install, just delete the thief folder and unzip the copy

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Thor02 - above the lava, try different compass directions (frozen room is s-w, I think)
    Edit: I think bob_doe_nz is talking about leaving loaves in the cage above the lava to mark which directions you've already been.
    Ah! I thought he meant drop bread over the lava to see where there is a path. Which I did. And he also said every other path so I just started from the 'centre' one and chucked bread about.

Help please. Stuck in the room you get transported to after rearranging the colored stones in the Gallery & have tried every code I can remember reading (including one the poster's in this thread: '8121') but can't get the grate to open. I read the info at the watch station (5413 or 2743), but none of these work.

2743 is the right one. Are you frobbing the symbols in the right order starting from left to right?

Also, and this caused me to pause for a moment: the symbols start from one, not zero. I don't think it's possible to have a zero in the code, thinking about it.

Dia - when you enter the right code, you'll hear a metallic clang. Then you have to frob one of the statues (read "the way of the tiger" note.)

Garga - where are you in the mission? What are you trying to find?

nickie - would love to have seen you "chucking bread about" ;-)
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 25th Jun 2009 at 11:35.

Thanks for the hints kids! Got it! (After much trial & error because I just couldn't get all of the 'Way of the Tiger' clues.) Now I'm looking for the three guys I'm s'pozed to knock out & put in the cells, but though I've been all over the place I can't find any of them. Are they 'named' so that when you knock them out & pick them up you know which one you've got? Any hints as to where they are, please? Thnx again.

Dia: Yes, they are probably the only named AI's in the whole mission.
    They are located in Building A. Though those objectives are really optional and the fun about those objectives are to find the shortest routes, which i think i myself did.

Thanks Thor! I'm on my way there now.

Okay; mission accomplished (as far as getting the three guys into their proper cells). But I've been running around all over the place (again!) and don't know how I'm supposed to get out of the South District which is the only objective I have left. Help please? Thnx.
    Last edited by Dia; 25th Jun 2009 at 14:49.

Garga - where are you in the mission? What are you trying to find?

nickie - would love to have seen you "chucking bread about" ;-)
    It was a toss up between the bread and the apples!

I wonder if Garga is looking for the ring - that's the only reason I needed a rope arrow. It was quite tricky to find and I can't think how to describe it. A spoilered pic maybe?

Dia: Got the Barge key? If not, it's where you got the Claw of the Tiger, under one of the chairs.
    So, then you run to factory part in the map and search for Loading Bays (in the Evans foundry works map), there should be crates all over the place, at one end 2 partly hidden doors and 1 not hidden door. That's the door you're looking for.

Edit: nickie, meant this one? (sry though, already took the ring. )
    Last edited by Thor; 25th Jun 2009 at 15:03.

Thanks Thor; but I didn't get the barge key when I got the Claw and though I can get back as far as the room that shoots fire arrows (by going back thru the Gallery & removing one color stone then putting it back on the pedastal)I can't go any further because the door from the display case is blocking the way from the fire arrow shooting room to the Claw room. The only other way I thought might be the way back to the Claw room was through the room filled with gas (you get there from the secret passageway on the 3rd floor of Bldg. A), but even though I can get in the gas filled room I can't find a way to get into the Claw room again. Does this mean that I'm going to have to go all the way back to a save when I was first in the Claw room?

Ow, sounds like You're screwed alright.
    Then again, it's not such a big deal when You've done it once. Just saves up 3-5 mins. (Since you can get to the 3 rooms directly from the lava room and ... well, practicly stay in one place, teleport a lot.

You lost me Thor. How can I get to the other two rooms and why do I want to go there if none lead to the main room where the key is?? (I've already met my loot objective.) So it looks like I'll have to go back to where I was last in the Claw room, which sucks 'cuz I didn't get those three guys into their respective cells til after I got the Claw. Oh well; it's a great FM, so a little backing up & repetition won't hurt, right?

Edit: Scratch that. Just went back & realized that I don't have a save early enough from when I was in the Claw room. Crap. I'll have to start the FM all over again (we're talking about 4 hours of gametime for this FM, mind you!!).
    Last edited by Dia; 25th Jun 2009 at 17:33.

Replay it later then, when You're up to it.

Noone's really forcing You.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Ah! I thought he meant drop bread over the lava to see where there is a path. Which I did. And he also said every other path so I just started from the 'centre' one and chucked bread about.
    Your both right. By dropping items, you can find which are paths or not and you can drop another item to indicate which paths you have been through.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Replay it later then, when You're up to it.

Noone's really forcing You.
    Oh please don't misunderstand: this is a fantastic FM!!! I'm really loving it! It's just that when an FM like this comes along nothing gets done around the house! I definitely have every intention of restarting this one!

Ok then, have fun, Dia. Do what You want to do. If I wouldn't have been raised by guilt from playing games, I might have not had problems with replay and play in the first place.

Also, Nameless Voice's skin is quite good. Better than Kolya's, since it doesn't include so much blueness. I think I might actually stay with this over the original. Atleast for a while. Probably not when reading general Thief discussions.

Omfg, serious offtopic!

I think i just found my mood going up, almost reaching 0.
    Too bad that stuff usually happens when i have to go to sleep.
    Cya. :/

Lockpicks?

I finally found the well hidden stash of equipment. Were are the lockpicks?

i need spoiler on how to solve the riddle with tiger claw i just got past the switching colours part

My living is over (aka sleeping, lol), so back to hardcore nolife).

bedwine: Lockspicks are in the Inn's basement and down a small ramp on a shelve between wine crates (or however they're called) and there is also some other useful stuff, I think. Atleast a note or two.

trudnicki: it's been mentioned here before, I think, but fine. Enter the code of the 8digit symbols there. The code is 2743, then frob the statue left of the code. Then you hardsave or atleast quicksave. 8 choices. Do like nickie did, drop breads on each invissible way. Then just rob each room, probably not the one with the dead guard though.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast