TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Five Tigers: Claw of the Tiger (June 22, 2009)

BANNED
    Good job! I really enjoyed the mission! I am currently downloaded you past missions too. The level is HUGE! I can't wait for your other FM's!

Room with the runes help

I'm kinda lost here. In the room with all the runes atop colored pedestals I keep getting blown apart by the cannonballs. Is there a way of disabling them too?
    Thanks.

I blew them to hell, but when they were inactive. Just access some ventilation-like paths in 2 rooms in the 1st (or ground) floor and destroy them while inactive. (one of the ventilation things is in the lunch-store room for each worker or something. The other one is in account office or what was it called.

bobber - one of the clues is about the north pool being safe or something. There's a switch in there to disable them.

OMG THAT SWITCH DISABLED THEM?
    Sorry, I didn't mean that.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Jun 2009 at 18:30.

I ended up blowing them up too. Turns out two Frogbeasts will destroy a turret, which I didn't know before.

Wow. I went ahead and took Thor02's advice and smoked them each with a mine.

Now, what do I do with the Forget Me Not potion? I tried using on the person at the bath house but it does nothing. I ko'd her earlier so did she need to be awake to use it?
    Last edited by bobber; 27th Jun 2009 at 13:29.

bobber - go back to the guard captain's office; there's something frobbable in there.

Very cool mission

This series is great, can't wait for #4... and 5... and 6!

The acolyte's suicide made me sad, especially once I read the book next door and realized he would have been forgiven if he'd just admitted what he'd done. You know you're playing a good mission when you start to care about the characters.

I was a bit puzzled about one thing. Why does the acolyte's key open the lingering death locks? Was the acolyte in on an attempted theft of the claw?

Quote Originally Posted by CerraMorgan View Post
    I was a bit puzzled about one thing. Why does the acolyte's key open the lingering death locks? Was the acolyte in on an attempted theft of the claw?
    My guess is that it has to do with the Tigers Claw clue about cheating death that you find.

Catman, I finally found the time to play the mission and just finished. Played on Expert and finished with 11/11 secrets and all but a pesky 11 short of max loot. All I can say is "SUPERB"! The best of the three so far. There was nothing in the mission that I didn't enjoy but the puzzles and clues were definitely a highlight. Excellent story with very fun game play and entertaining and well thought out readables as well. Thanks for a very enjoyable mission.

Great Mission

I think I will play it again. Can someone post the the secrets locations. I only found 6

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I think I will play it again. Can someone post the the secrets locations. I only found 6
    Good idea. I finished with only 2

Objectives won't tick off.Break into the Armory and get some weapons,and retrieve equipment from the inn.What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Can someone post the the secrets locations. I only found 6
    I'm not sure I remember them all correctly but I'll give it a go. Someone will be along to correct me if I made a mistake.

Wall niche in City Watch
    Niche behind tiger banner in Walker & Sons
    Secret passage in Walker & Sons
    Secret room in grocers/inn
    Secret passage in Bath House
    Crypt entrance in Hammerite compound
    Secret room in Building A
    2 secret rooms in Lord Evans’ office
    2 secret rooms in Sir William’s office

Quote Originally Posted by ravoll View Post
    What did I miss?
    Are you sure you got all the equipment and all the weapons from the armory?

Been back numerous times to see,but will ga back again.

Completed all the objectives, but can't get into Lord Evans room at the foundry offices.
    And what does the copy of Lord Evans Key do? (It doesn't open the office door)
    Anyone give me a hint pls?

Doh ! As usual - figured it out just after posting !!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 3rd Jul 2009 at 17:16.

What a load of FUN this mission was. All of these Five Tigers missions have been great so far, looking forward to the next one!

BTW, creative and humorous use of Looking Glasses lyrics in describing Brandy.

Ghost

Driving me nuts...!

I'm at the very beginning, still in the jail; I know how to leave -- I have the various keys. But I want to solve the water-cooler objective before leaving.

I know I need to find a stash of booze somewhere that I can frob into the lieutenant's water cooler; but I just can't find it! I even did a knock-out run, tapping every guard in the joint... and I can't find the "niche" with the liquor.

Can somebody give me a hint, please? Is is actually in the prison, or do I have to go to the tavern first?

Thanks,

Dafydd

You'll find what you need for the water cooler objective a bit later. It isn't booze! You'll be returning to the jail anyway.

As for the stash, I can't remember exactly where it was now but it was in the prison office area. Is there not a good hint in a readable as to where it is? [EDIT] I think it's in the Robbery Office.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Can anyone help me find the secret (official secret) in building A?

Thanks

- prjames

Lord Evans office

Can anyone please help me getting into Lord Evans' office?
    The locked door opposite to Sir Williams' in the Main Office does not respond to any key (I have many, including a "copy of Lord Evan's"). The other one in the corner, next to the elevator first appeared to be pickable but as the handle turned - and remained - in the "open" position it rather locked itself hard and now refuses any attempt to open it.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Can anyone please help me getting into Lord Evans' office?
    The locked door opposite to Sir Williams' in the Main Office does not respond to any key (I have many, including a "copy of Lord Evan's"). The other one in the corner, next to the elevator first appeared to be pickable but as the handle turned - and remained - in the "open" position it rather locked itself hard and now refuses any attempt to open it.
    Thanks in advance.
    I hope not, but it may be a bug. There's some secrets in the room that lock the doors to enter the room when the secrets open and I wonder if they "went off" early.

I played through that section last night and this morning and I definitely seem to remember opening the door to Lord Evans' with lockpicks.

- prjames

Replicated

Thank you, prjames.
    I went back to an early hard save, shortly after getting the equipment and the lockpicks, and tried again. Arriving to those doors the lockpicks failed again, exactly the same way.
    Do either of those Evans secrets have an outside connection? I may have activated it from that side without remembering, if this is possible.

I appreciate your comment: csamba

P.S. - As for Building A: I can't remember if it was an "official" secret but there is a passage in one corner on the top floor, behind some crates.

csamba,

Sadly, the secrets going outside appear to be one-way exits that close behind you and have no way to enter from outside.

And no, the area behind the creates is not an official secret.

- prjames

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast