TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Five Tigers: Claw of the Tiger (June 22, 2009)

Half joy

Found out! My problem was indeed an activated secret - and yes, there is a way back to Lord Evans' from that top grill outside, a lamp post a bit lower right ahead on the rooftop reopens it

Unfortunately, the official Building A secret remains elusive here as well. It surey has something to do with the exit from the ice room which I could only enter from the lava transporter but never leave.

Did you also notice that after grabbing the Tiger Claw it still remains floating high above the talismans you had to exchange in the first place? Maybe just a cheap copy to confuse the thieves....

Thanks again: csamba

The "official" way out of the ice room is: Look through the window at the chairs, pull out your bow and arrow, shoot the middle "3" with a standard arrow, and be teleported back to the beginning of that sequence. So, it's not the Building A secret either.

- prjames

Building A

I have now finished with 11/11 secrets and complete loot - there is NO extra secret in Building A.
    IMO the secret ladder down to the lava lake behind the mines - connecting to Building A - from the back downstairs office in Walker & Sons may have been counted twice, both as "Walker & Sons" and "Building A". On the other hand, the north pool secret switch in the talisman area was missing from the previous list.

Hope this is good news: csamba

Yup, north pool switch was the missing secret.

(I neutralized the devices controlled by the north pool switch by shooting fire arrows at each one after having BJed everyone in the building.)

Thanks!

- prjames

Ghost

Question...

After getting the Claw, I went back to the three "lingering death" rooms: first the room with the keeper medallion, then the ice room with the jeweled dagger... and then the gas room (with the wedding room); but I couldn't get out of the gas room because I can't see the buttons from those windows. Is there another way out from that room, or is it just a tease?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Dafydd - there's another way INTO that room: top floor of Building A, behind some crates - then look for some more crates in front of what looks like a wooden wall section.
    Hope that helps!

Ghost
    Thanks, Sticky Fingers;

Actually, I think it was a boulder in front of the wall, and a boulder behind the gas-room wall -- each of which had to be blown apart with fire arrows. I argue this doesn't bust the ghost, because it's not a manufactured item... just natural rock; and there was no indication anyone heard the explosions.

Others (e.g., Peter Smith ) might disagree...

Anyway, I finished with 6500-some odd and all secrets. I found the dropped ring, though that took several trips up and down the stairs until I spotted the space!

Dafydd

Clearinghouse

help

I can't get out from this room
    I have keys: Crypt, Father Mordred's Chamber, Alolyte's Chamber, Watch Offices, Armory, Sewer and Back Door.
    Last edited by clearing; 17th Jul 2009 at 08:58.

clearing - Have you got that woman's ring; if not, search the rooms upstairs. You use it on something in that screen.

Clearinghouse
    I don't have woman's ring. And I can't get out from this area. This a bed are frobbable but does not work (without woman's ring) and the door is locked

How did you get in then?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    How did you get in then?
    From the sewers with spiders

That's weird, the grate in your second screenshoit opened with the ring, at least on Normal Difficulty... Stupid question maybe, but are you sure you don't have the ring? How did you open that grate?

Clearinghouse
    I play on Expert and I don't have the ring! I opened that grate without lockpicks or any keys... Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I play on Expert and I don't have the ring! I opened that grate without lockpicks or any keys... Bug?
    Think so, yes.
    I played on expert and I'm fairly confident it's locked. So if you can't get out, you're screwed. Cheers.

Clearinghouse
    The only objective I have left is to get out of the South District. I used the Barge key, but I can't lock the Barge's door.
    Big level, great mission Catman

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    The only objective I have left is to get out of the South District. I used the Barge key, but I can't lock the Barge's door.
    Big level, great mission Catman
    Umm, do you still have the "barge key"?

Clearinghouse
    I am stupid. I must use the key to close door also. Thanks!

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet, so I'm coming out of hiding to post for the first time in probably three years to comment on it...
    I'm loving all the references to Spirited Away, one of my favorite movies of all time! My motivation to play is as much about finding as many references to it as I can as it is about actually playing the mission. Fun!

Sorry for the n00b question, but I seem to s0xx0rz in this mission. How can I get into all these rooms (lava, poison,...) that you guys mention? Everyone is knocked out, all objectives done but the claw. I have all the stones and the fake claw. Through the highest floor of one of the buildings behind some crates I found a way to a lava room with a pedestal hanging up above, but that's all. Ayudenme!

It was explained over the thread.

Go to the Gallery room in the Evan's mansion, the place with the colored talismans and a fake claw. Swap the talismans as directed, then it teleports you to a room. Input a code (the right combo was in the first building's Homocide room I think), pull the right statue and then to a hard save. Go North-east, north-west, south-east and south-west to each room.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Key to building A ?

I remember reading a scroll, oh wait that was a wedding band behind some staircase. Where is the key to building A ? I need to put the 3 villains in jail, but I'm not lugging them around all over the place... I'm actually locked inside now...

I found the "gas room", how do I get into the next room with the 3 windows? I may have done this completely backwards. I got in to building A by going over the "brick bridge" leading south from another building where there's a small wooden door... I gassed the 3 villains from the 2nd floor with 1 gas arrow since they're all huddled around the table.

As for switching the talismans in the gallery, can the trap "bombers" be turned off, disabled, or literally blown up? I found the grates leading down to them, but I have no idea what to do down there

P.S. As for the grate where the ring is needed, I remember picking it open with the lock picks, I didn't even find the ring till much later
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 1st Aug 2009 at 23:48.

For the Building A key, look in the tunnels from Building A near the metal ramp.

As for the ring-grate: The door is unpickable, but it's possible one of the other keys you picked up unlocked it. I tried to get these all sorted out, but I'm guessing a few overlaps remain.

However, once you're in Yubaba's room, her door is pickable, so there should be no problem getting out.

Thanks Catman, but...

where's the cemetery key? Nice big mission by the way

I found another bug. The water container in the captains office. When I used Building A's key on it the objective to cloud her memory ticked off.. I know I'm supposed to use the forget me potion & that was the only way to get it to stop highlighting

As for her note, where do I find that? It's my last objective, before getting out.
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 2nd Aug 2009 at 16:01.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast