TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign: Strife III

T2 Campaign: Strife III

You can grab the latest in the Strife series here.

A few remarks:

1. Crashes have been reported by some in the water areas of the first map.
    2. Those with widescreen monitors may be more prone to scene complexity errors.
    3. A minor bug exists in one of the maps containing one objective (miss19). The goal will complete but it won't tick off on the objectives screen.

A word concerning the weapon spoken of in this campaign: During my military career, I attended a briefing that concerned a certain country's development of a gas agent designed to target specific races. I won't name the country so as not to cause offense to those on the TTLG forums. I mention it to highlight the potential reality of the threat.

A lot of work and beta-testing went into this thing. I don't think I'll do another campaign. Strife will end with maybe one or two maps at the most.

Ricebug
    Last edited by Ricebug; 18th Jul 2009 at 19:15. Reason: Updated zip file.

First one to thank you for this FM, thanks a lot, downloading now.

After 5 nerve-wracking days without a single new FM ......Strife III.

Thanx, Ricebug.

Hurrah another awesome FM!!

WOW !!! One FM finished freshly, one is played now, and the new one ?!!! Ok, can you FM developers pack your FMs with the suitable amount of free time, please ?!!!

I'm stuck in the area with the modern mechanical bot. How to proceed ?
    Ehm... I've found a way... But I think I broke mission.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 27th Jun 2009 at 08:22.

So far so good! But I'm still stuck; tho maybe I'm misinterpreting the instructions? I've been into the Commons as far as I can go (found the key that opens the small section where you find the mines, etc.,), as well as the caves leading to the Temple (in both areas you can only go so far), but I can't find a way into the Science Lab(?) part. A little confused here.

EDIT: NEVERMIND!! Found the 'puzzle' with the blocks at the entrance to the Science Lab. Gotta slow down & start paying attention!

On a sidenote: I thought it was pretty funny when trying to disable the patrolling mechbot, it accidentally got stuck in the small alcove with the grate leading to the Temple area; the bot saw me & tried to shoot a bomb at me but it bounced off the alcove wall & it blew the bot up!
    Last edited by Dia; 27th Jun 2009 at 10:27.

The Commons

Am in the Science area; there's a small console with 2 buttons on top, but I've no idea what they do & can't find anything else to do in there.
    Help?

Ditto. I've found 2 keys, but no areas in which to use them, tho I believe the first key was the one I used to unlock the door in the Commons to get the mines & such. Now I'm not finding anyplace else to go. What am I missing please?

Big hint: examine compound gate surrounding very carefully.

However, there is another way in...

I guess I'm a bit thickheaded this a.m., but which 'compound gate surrounding'? Do you mean in the Science Lab area? I've already been there, got the arrows & health potions, but aside from pushing 2 red buttons (which don't seem to do anything) I see no place else to go there.
    Last edited by Dia; 27th Jun 2009 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Am in the Science area; there's a small console with 2 buttons on top, but I've no idea what they do & can't find anything else to do in there.
    Help?
    There is no Science area in the Commons. Are you sure you're not in the first map? You face North standing in front of the buttons. They open two gates out in front, allowing access to the catwalks.

Ricebug

Dia: I'm speaking about how to open the gate to the compound. You are inside yet in my opinion...

Okay; now I really AM confused! I've been into the Temple area, the Science lab area, and the Commons area, but that's as far as I've gotten with seemingly no place else to go. I've managed to mantle the wall at the top of the catwalks inside the S.L. area where you can see on the other side of the wall the small garden-like area with a couple of white trees and on the other side platform there's a similar garden-like area with a stationary treebeast. Got stuck in both enclosures but found nothing & no way to get out. Are there secret entrances in each of the three areas that allow you to go 'further' in to each area?

Sorry I'm so slow today.
    Last edited by Dia; 27th Jun 2009 at 11:49.

Ah, my mistake - meant the 1st map (Borderlands). But I can already move around freely on the catwalks; a dying 'combot' was nice enough to open one for me Still can't get any further.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 27th Jun 2009 at 12:07. Reason: clarification

A little problem...

...broadheads don't seem to work, but water fire and moss arrows work ok.
    Anyone else had similar probs'?

Regs, Mike.

Mike; do you mean the 'Bolts'? Those work just like broadheads, but you can't lift them off of any of the archers in this FM; they have to be found. I haven't had any trouble with them (they kill enemy AI quite nicely).

My problem is finding the Brass key in the Science Lab, which seems to be a dead end so far; as are the other two areas. Ricebug: I found 2 of the same keys which open the door inside the Commons but neither are labeled as being 'Brass'. Neither is there an obvious way to go any further within the Commons area where I found the explosive mines. I can provide screenshots of the areas where I'm at a dead end, if you'd like.

Thanks for responding Dia...

...yeah, I know they're bolts, but they're still described as broadheads in the FM.
    You're right about not being able to lift them from the archers, but you can still pick them up after persuading the archers to 'sleep'.
    Anyway, the problem didn't arise in the following missions, so I'm thinking this is just an overlooked bug.

Regs, Mike.

I'm stuck at the same point as a few other people. I've visited the science area and the only key I can find was identical to the one I picked up earlier for the stash in the mansion.

I seem to be stuck in the exact same place too...any help?

Last edited by She-Thief; 27th Jun 2009 at 14:04.

I am unable to download as the link just reloads this page. Please fix asap as I need my new strife 3 fix!

Congratulations on another quality release Ricebug!

Okay I am dling now. I rebooted IE8 like 3 times as I couldn't dload at thiefmissions either. This version sux! But atleast I got it now..lol

The same situation with me: two identical keys. What now ?

Anyone else find it odd that, 12 hours after release, none of the 9 listed betatesters have been on the forum to help, & Ricebug was only very briefly on? Beginning to feel like 28 Days Later...

Been poking around hoping to find a switch / button somewhere - nada

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    2. Those with widescreen monitors may be more prone to scene complexity errors.
    This sounds likes its gonna happen more and more with FMs

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast