TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FlipTIB - A simple multi-core fix for your favorite old Windows games

FlipTIB - A simple multi-core fix for your favorite old Windows games

As you know, some old Windows games work not so perfect on your shiny new PCs. Some problems lie in the video and/or audio-drivers, some - in Windows itself, some - in the multi-core nature of your new PC's CPU.
    My tiny FlipTIB utility has been written to cope with the multi-core issue. If you suspect that your favorite old Windows game suffers from such an issue (a game might run slower or faster than it should or just stucks), then please download FlipTIB, install it, then click Right Mouse Button on the game's shortcut and select "FlipTIB: "single-core" mode" and voila.
    It should help only in case of the multi-core issue. If you can see that my utility couldn't help your game, then you should find another cure for your problem.
    I must admit that several community tools and patches already contain the multi-core solutions (Dark Engine Fix (DEF), DDFix, ImageCfg and so on), so if you're use them, there is no need to use my utility.

P.S. FlipTIB can "speak" with you on 21 languages. If you want to correct one of them or add another, feel free to contact me .
    Last edited by MoroseTroll; 30th Jan 2014 at 12:12.

Anybody else try this yet? I'm sure I could use it, but, and don't take offense, I'm hesitant to download somebody's homebrewed utility off the internet.

And you're from Russia.

Edit: Okay I'm doing it anyway. If it works, thanks MT.

....And it works! Thanks, MoroseTroll. Now to work on those pesky widescreen issues....
    Last edited by Chuck; 2nd Jul 2009 at 17:59. Reason: to please a stranger

Now I await some forum advice....
    Last edited by Chuck; 2nd Jul 2009 at 18:02.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    ....And it works! Thanks, MoroseTroll. Now to work on those pesky widescreen issues....
    You could have added this to your first post with another EDIT as you did to begin with.

PS. Vashon Island, on the pacific coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    I'm hesitant to download somebody's homebrewed utility off the internet.
    This is your right to download or don't download .
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    And you're from Russia.
    LOL! Do you know such a programs like WinRAR, 7-Zip, IDA Pro, Kaspersky, DrWeb? Their authors are from Russia too (excluding Ilfak Guilfanov, IDA Pro's author, he is living somewhere in Benelux since 1990's.) .

Yeah, that's Vashon. a bit to the southwest of Seattle (2 miles by ferry).

And the Russia thing was a joke.

I just installed this but I'd like to know if their is any way of uninstalling it if I decide to uninstall it in the future. Does it say anything about being able to uninstall it in the readme file? (I can't read the language).

Chuck: Yes, I understand . Wow, Washington State! There is Kirkland city in this State. And there is Monolith Games in this city, one of my favorite game developers.

Angelfish: Yes, of course, FlipTIB can be uninstalled. Just visit "Control Panel->Install and uninstall" .

Thank you, sir.

You're welcome .

Downloaded it.

I wish it worked, though!

If I select "single core" in the right click menu, it comes up with a window saying "Cannot open Specified file!", when I try to use it on Thief Gold. But can be opened if I don't choose that option..

Of course, it crashes before I can set the affinity manually in the task manager.

But just throwing it out there, that that was the issue I came across.

There maybe three reasons:
    1) You have a Windows Vista, and your Thief Gold is installed by default into the "C:\Program Files" folder. If it is so, please uninstall the game and reinstall it, say, into the "C:\Games" or "C:\ThiefG" folder.
    2) The file, you are trying to change its affinity with FlipTIB, has so named "Read Only" attribute. I'd suggest you to check it out and remove this attribute in the file's properties.
    3) Perhaps, your HDD needs to be error checked by OS. To do this, open your HDD's properties in the Explorer, then choose "Service" tab -> "Disk check" -> "Automatically..." -> "Ok". After this you'd reboot your PC and wait a couple of minutes while the OS is checking your HDD. Now you may try this again, although you may need to reinstall the game again.

Thanks MoroseTroll!

I just installed Deus Ex on my new machine and the sound was badly distorted. FlipTib fixed it.

You are welcome.

P.S. I like "Lost" too .

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    P.S. I like "Lost" too .
    I prefer Chuck ...my user name has a slightly different spelling. I was looking to change it last year and came across this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sheppard

FlipTib has been really useful getting some other older stuff working as well. Thanks again for it.

Ok. Now I see .

Thank you for this great little utility

I have no problem running T1 and T2 on 6 core machine but FlipTIB fixed problems with TDS and strangely, Adobe Premiere Pro that were crashing unless run on single core.

Thanks again.