TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Current Stats On TROTB2...

Hi, everyone. Just to let you all know, I'm not giving up on this FM set. It's just taking longer to make it. So far, mission 1 of about 10 is half-way done. It's not an easy FM set to make. I want this to be a great piece of work. I'm making my own textures and models.
    Anyway, I'll give you a brief storyline on what this FM set is about.
    WARNING:
    TROTB1 Ending spoiler and The Unknown Treasure item relation spoiler!
    OK, we all know that Garrett ended up in an unknown dessert. Remember the mini journal in The Unknown Treasure? It told you about a female warrior looking for Garrett. Well, she is in this FM set. If I do this right (and it works in theory), she will also be a character to play as later in the set. This will require 2 different gamesys files. So far, I've tested it, and it looks like it works. So that means that I will soon need a female voice actor, but not very soon.
    So, I am working on it. At the moment, it's at about 1.25% done in total. I don't have any pics right now, but I'll try to get some in.

Sounds fascinating and well worth the wait.

Can't wait to play it in 2015

Current Progress...

OK. So far, so good. The first mission is pretty much done and the second mission is half-way. Here are some pics for ya...
    Mission 1 : The Sands of Fire and Ice...

Mission 2 : A Travel Through Smelter Volcano

There is still a lot to be done on this FM set. I'll try to get more info as I make some more progress.

Looks ... hot!

Clearinghouse

Ah, can't wait to hear how the story continues. Hope to see more of this!

Archivist
    That's pretty cool GORT Keep it up.
    Love the Egyptian theme. Regarding the falling lava, does the texture move?

EDIT: there are also a few new screens on Gort's site.

I've updated your profile in the upcoming list (@ 18).
    Also see this post for an overview of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    ...Regarding the falling lava, does the texture move?...
    The falling lava does indeed fall. They're particle effects like the fire on the torches. They look pretty cool in motion.

Looks good!

Stats update...

So far, so good. I'm currently working on the third mission. It's about 45% done. This mission is not for the fainted heart when it comes down to spiders. Now the title might need some work, but it stands at being called "An Unexpected Confrontation".
    Plot spoiler: This is where you first meet up with the female warrior, Saria.
    I'll try to get some pics as soon as the mission is near completion.
    Wish me luck.
    ~SMDM~ TROTB2: (Creating cut scenes and music...)
    Other FMs:The Unknown Treasure NDV (2 missions long)*Ready*

GO, GO, GO!

10 missions?! yowzers!

Quote Originally Posted by sysyphus View Post
    10 missions?! yowzers!
    Yup. 10 missions (5 for Garrett and 5 for Saria). The map layout of the third mission is now done. Time for me to make some custom models and textures again...
    You can see the FM set's progress percentage in my signature. Well, back to work. This FM set won't be created on it's own...

Third Mission Pics...

Here are four pics of the third mission, An Unexpected Confrontation...

The spiders here vary in sizes. The very huge ones are best to be avoided.

Mechanical Trickster in 1 part was awesome

Stats update...

OK, the third mission is pretty much done. Now it's time for me to start making the missions for Saria. Her missions will use a different .gam file. That way, Garrett's voice won't get mixed up with her's. I'm also creating some custom player arms just for her. I'll try to get a few pics as soon as I get some decent amount of progress for her missions. I must note that the game play for this character will be somewhat different to Garrett's. Well, maybe. I'll have to see what my future beta testers would have to say...

To improve my beta-testing skills, I wouldn't mind joining in on this. Looks to be a good campaign a-brewin.

Archivist
    You're building fast. I very much like what I see and read here.

Getting Saria to speak...

Well, I've successfully got most of the voice actions for Saria as a playable character. Now I need to work on all of the other voices so they will stop calling her a him.
    This will take some time, but I can do it.

As for the fourth mission, there's much to be done. I want this city to be almost as big as the city in "Unknown Treasure". So far, things are looking up. I'll try my best to make this city to be able to travel on the roof tops. I'll get pics as soon the majority of the mission is completed.

Current Stats...

Well, so far this mission is taking up quite some time. I'm trying to make a great majority of the buildings accessible to the player. I'll show two pics for now, but expect much. There's still a lot to be done. As you may see, the player arm has a different mesh texture. I might alter it more. Playing as Saria, you run faster, but you can't sneak as good as Garrett. Also, the light gem is quite sensitive. Her objectives will be somewhat unique. Most of the time, she can't steal. It would go against her warrior code. She will be able to kill, but only the people that really need it.
    So far, that's the game play style for Saria.

Here are the pics. Like I said, don't expect much right now.

However, Garrett will have a mission that takes place in this city too.

Wow, GORT, I see some very nice progress and also realize your unique style in the images. Can't wait. Is it possible for the community to play TROTB2 early 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Wow, GORT, I see some very nice progress and also realize your unique style in the images. Can't wait. Is it possible for the community to play TROTB2 early 2011?

I'm not so sure about early 2011. I might have a playable alpha or early beta version. It really hard to say. I want to create a hefty 10 mission FM set with a good story behind it. So, I really can't say for sure.

BTW: The city mission is about 1/4 - 1/3 done on the architecture. I'm making it so the player can get in and on top of buildings as much as possible. Sound brushing the areas is becoming a little challenge, right now.

Stats Update...

Well, the 4th mission is becoming a slight pain to make. So far in this city, I've managed to put in a castle and a small Hammerite church. I am progressing, but the view limit tends to become a pain in the rear now and then. So far, I'm doing good at fixing that. This mission will have ways to get on rooftops, inside numerous buildings, and maybe going in sewers (if I have enough available brushes after making the city.) As for the storyline in this mission, it's in the works. Basically, Saria is trying to get some information about what the mechanists are up to in their studies of a particular area in the maw (You might know where if you've played TROTB.) Although Saria can't be the sneaky thief due to vowels of being a knighted warrior, Garrett will be taking a crack at the city too.

It's great to read this thread and see so much progress, Gort! I like the fact that you are posting screens and updates for each mission. Everything is looking really good so far!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast