TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Current Stats...

Well, I'm pleased to say that the main layout of the fourth mission is pretty much done. Both the castle and Hammerite church will definitely be in this mission. Now, just to see if I can, I'm going to try my luck on creating the sewer system. Now there's no guarantee that this sewer system will be in the beta version of the FM set. Here's what the info. box has to say about the mission so far...

Brush Counts
    4726 Terrain 1018 Objects
    157 Light 660 Room
    3 Flow 1 Area - 0 active

I still want to do a whole lot more to this mission. And not to forget, Garrett will be in this city too later in the FM set. Come to think of it, I may have to increase the amount of missions for this FM set. We'll just have to see. Anyway, here are 2 current pics. These areas may change later on.

Last edited by GORT; 10th Aug 2010 at 04:34. Reason: Posting Pics
    ~SMDM~ TROTB2: (Creating cut scenes and music...)
    Other FM(s):Thief 2 Dizzy Project (Creating Yolkfolk Village...)

Nice screenshots! They look like as if there will be a classic steampunk-style city

Current Stats...

Dag nabbit! I have too many brushes in the fourth mission. Looks like I'll need to trim down some parts of the city for Saria and have Garrett to be able to go to those other parts.

A City Population Question...

I was wondering. How many AIs should I put in this vast city? I don't want the mission to have some serious lag due to too AIs (I think that was one of the problems with Unknown Treasure.). But I want the city to be an active one. What do you all suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    I was wondering. How many AIs should I put in this vast city? I don't want the mission to have some serious lag due to too AIs (I think that was one of the problems with Unknown Treasure.). But I want the city to be an active one. What do you all suggest?
    It depends on the size of the area as well, but I think that a BIT less AI than in Unknown Treasure should do the trick (also, as I remember, there were many teleported AI's coming from 'nothing').

I hope there will be some nice custom skins, just like the very original hotel guards were from Rotb mission 3!

Custom skins? You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    ...I hope there will be some nice custom skins, just like the very original hotel guards were from Rotb mission 3!
    Yes there will be because seeing the same skins over and over again can be so monotonous to me. It also makes you think that the population are mostly inbreeds.

Also, if I can get some time in it, I would like to put in some custom motions for unique fighting styles like maybe using a huge mallet or something else. I'll have to make all of the missions first before I dip my fingers into that.

If you want the player to sneak around but keep tension, don't use too many AIs but place them carefully so it isn't a cakewalk. When there are way too many guards in the street I find myself blackjacking them while not having the feeling that I'm really playing Thief. Well-placed guards keep the player alert and makes the city much more fun. Just my 2 cents.

One more pic for the fourth mission...

Well, so far so good on the fourth mission. I had to do some brush deletions here and there, but it still looks good. Here's one final pic from the fourth mission. As you can see here with this pic showing a fork lift being charged, I'm also making custom objects in this mission with anim8or. This is also why I'm kinda dragging on this mission. I just don't want the city be way too empty.

Nice, GORT! I like the trashed red door too.

Vid preview of the FM set...

OK, I've made a video of the first four missions. You can see it on youtube. Here's a link to the video. It may be a little dark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38Ww2d5NmM

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Well, so far so good on the fourth mission. I had to do some brush deletions here and there, but it still looks good. Here's one final pic from the fourth mission. As you can see here with this pic showing a fork lift being charged, I'm also making custom objects in this mission with anim8or. This is also why I'm kinda dragging on this mission. I just don't want the city be way too empty.

Cool soooo we won't be able to mess around with the thingi charging up the forklift eg make it somehow go into overload so it blows up or not

Brush count concern....

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Gamer View Post
    Cool soooo we won't be able to mess around with the thingi charging up the forklift eg make it somehow go into overload so it blows up or not
    Hmmm... I'll have to think on that. It would make an interesting diversion.

OK, major concern here on the brush count.
    Here's what I have so far.

4415 Terrain----1529 Object
    151 Light---------667 Room
    10 Flow 1 Area - 0 Active

Will I'll be all right putting in any more objects?

With the "normal" obj_max setting of 2400, I would think so. You can up obj_max all the way to 4000 if you need to. The guidance I have read indicates that you should stay about 500 below obj_max.

Thanks, LarryG. So I'm still OK with the objects. I'm still concerned about the terrain count, though. Now I'm not so sure, but I thought I saw that the limit was about 4000.

Made a Kurshok...

Well, its the first Kurshok I've ever made in anim8or just about from scratch. I may need to edit the mesh texture, though.

With this Kurshok, Saria needs to kill him. I don't want to tell you why because that would spoil the mission a little bit.

Please tell me what you think of the model.

Nice model! It rocks. I hope it won't have 60 hit points so it can be dealt of.

Would you mind sharing the mesh & texture? I was going to have to create one later on for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Would you mind sharing the mesh & texture? I was going to have to create one later on for my campaign.
    I would love to. I think the best way is to put it on someones website as long I get the credit for it. Who should I give it to?

I think the Low Poly Guild is still up and running. That would be my first thought ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    at
    http://thiefmissions.com/lpg/

A big thanks to Jason. Got some new objects up so take a look.

Is missing some thumbnails, will try to get em up soon. A big news update read-me explains some stuff

Clearinghouse

OK. The model was sent to both of those websites. I hope its up for grabs soon.

Hmmm...
    It's not on either website yet. Can anyone suggest another website?

Thanks for getting it here.

Thank you both!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast