TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Current Stats...

OK, I've just got a few things left to do on the fourth mission. After I'm done with that, I'll be working on the fifth mission. I have a feeling that this FM set may grow into more than 10 missions. The good thing about that is that some of those missions are sort of repeats; only the other character is in them.
    (ex: The fourth mission, Saria was there first. Garrett plays it later.)

Now I've haven't got my voice actors just yet, but I am using some TTS voices to complete the conversations. This only temporary. These audio files are only for the alpha version so the alpha tester will understand what's going on in the conversations, and never intended for the beta and final version of this FM set.
    I must say that sometimes the voices will sound almost correct at times. But most of the time it just makes me want to laugh.

Nice, GORT! Keep up the good work.

Do you think it's possible for fans to play TrotB2 april 2011?

I'm not quite sure on that. It would be nice to do so. We'll have to see what happens. I can't really set a finish time at the moment. I don't want hurry this FM set. TROTB 1 and UT still had errors in them when they were released. I really don't want to repeat that mistake. But once I've finished the fourth mission, hopefully things will progress a little faster.

Current Stats..

I'm finally going to start on the fifth mission. This is where Saria goes out in the woods where Garrett came out of. Now the first four missions are not fully done, but they are definitely playable and can be completed. So far the conversations should be complete.

Now I'm not so sure it ready for it yet, but I'm wondering whether or not I should bring out an early alpha test with just these four missions. I'm just not sure about doing this right now. What do you guys think?
    ~SMDM~
    FMs for Thief 2: TROTB1|UT|UTNDV
    TROTB2: Currently Being Beta-tested

Current Stats...

Still working here. I still have a whole lot to do in the fifth mission, but here's a few pics.

Yup. It seems that Saria found her way into the Egyptian era as well, but in a different location (thanks to something she found in the city). I'm going to try to see if I can create a spear wielding AI with custom motion tags. Hopefully, it will turn out ok.
    ~SMDM~

What's going on right now...

Things are getting a little busy in RL. But I am still working on this. At the moment, I'm trying to create custom motions for my spear wielding AI. It's a bit tedious, but I am making progress. I'll try to get a video on youtube to show the AI in action as soon as I can.

Here are two pics of the AI so far with no spear. The spear will be an attached object.

I may need to do some more work on the AI, though. He still looks too much like the AIs with a khopesh.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    The shadows cast by those statues are quite impressive. Nice work!

I was thinking that those dinky flames sure were bright. What are the statues holding that burns that brightly?

Current Stats...

Well, things are going a bit slow at the moment. I'm still trying to create more motions of the that AI shown above, but my work place is demanding more hours of my time right now. Also, my mind is getting a little exhausted on the editor. So, I'm creating XG MIDI music to give me a fresh mind when I get back to it. Who knows? I could use those .mids for event music in parts this FM set.

Current Stats...

OK, I'm still working on the motions for that spear AI. So far, it's got search and standing motions. Right now, I'm working on the fighting techniques (thrusting, swipe, and a few blocking styles). It's a tedious effort, but I'll do my best to get it all done. When it's all done, I'll even have it up for grabs. I'm also thinking about creating a battle axe type motions (not 100% sure yet). I'm still on the fifth mission. As of right now, I've titled the fourth mission "A City with Problems". I'd figure it suited the mission due to having Saria help out the people in the city with their problems. Now I've been doing a lot of thinking and planing of a flying mission. Of course, this would take place in a more modern time. The player would have to watch out for fighter jets, projectiles, and other obstacle. Now I've haven't got this part fully set in the storyline at the moment, but there is a part where Saria does go where Garrett was sent to in TROTB1's "Contradiction". For Saria, she must not confront Garrett here, but may need to help him on his way. Some places will be unavailable and places that were unavailable for Garrett will be for Saria.

As you can see, I have a hell of a lot to do here. I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can.
    ~SMDM~

I know you've made campaign missions before, so this is probably old hat. If you really plan on releasing a 10-mission set, MAKE SURE you assign specific testers to specific missions. When I had Strife III up for beta (5 missions), the testers were all over the place. I couldn't nail down where the problems were, and some weren't sure what mission was what. A real headache.

Even if its old hat, its still very good advice to go by. I will watch on how I'll have this FM set tested.

Current Stats...

Things are starting to look up. I've finally got the whole layout of the 5th mission constructed. At first, I thought it was going keep screwing up due to having too much trees and webbing (this was starting to make certain objects and AIs disappear and re-appear).
    But I think I've fixed that. Everything seems OK, so far.

Current Stats...

The fifth missions is nearly complete. Just got to add a few AIs and get some objectives to work. Also, this mission now has a title, "The Secret of the Occult Woods". I'll be happy when I get this one done. The next mission is where Garrett is looking around in the city to see if he can figure out who is this Sir Edwards character and why is the King Magnus has an interest with him.
    Last edited by GORT; 17th May 2011 at 12:32.
    ~SMDM~

Wow, you're working like a machine

Clearinghouse
    It looks very promising! Thanks for the news

Title pic...

At the moment this is what the title screen looks like. It was kinda quickly made.

For some reason, I couldn't just copy the whole title. So, here's just the main.pcx file.
    I might change it a bit. What do you guys think of it?
    ~SMDM~

It seems Garrett has gained some weight.

Yeah. I'll have to fix that. This is only a quickly made pic. I'll put more work into the final pic.

How is it going with TROTB2, Gort?

Here's what's going on...

I'm currently working on the 6th mission right now. This is where Garrett gets his turn with the city. There are some areas that he couldn't go to that Saria did. But Garrett can go in places that Saria couldn't (ex: The Hammerite Church).
    I have a feeling that this whole FM set may be a bit bigger than 10 missions long, but the good thing is that some of the missions are the same maps with some alterations to fit between the two characters. I'm also trying to put in some type of flying mission that takes place in the modern time place. So yeah, there is still a whole lot to be done.
    ~SMDM~

Thanks for the update!
    I would need at least 120 hours per day to keep up with your building-speed

Your idea of a flying-FM sounds great. Do you want the player to be able to control a plane (or whatever)?

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Your idea of a flying-FM sounds great. Do you want the player to be able to control a plane (or whatever)?
    That mission is going to take some work. I may have it that way. I'll need to check some speed limits. One things for sure, it will have some Mechanists jets zipping by.

Mechanist jets! Wow, that'll be nice.

Current Stats...

The sixth mission "The King's Request" is almost done. Just got to make it a bit challenging (not too much, though). Still a lot to be done. This FM set is now looking to be more than 10 missions long. I thought I could restrict to 10, but I want the storyline to be a good one. The good thing is that some of the mission layouts are already done (ex: Saria in the contradiction mission and Unknown Treasure but with some map modifications and extensions.) But yeah, a whole lot to do here. One thing for sure. If it becomes to get even bigger, I'll have to start a part three (hopefully not. I want to work on UT as well.)
    ~SMDM~

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast