TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

I would chop it up into a Part X. Otherwise, players may get bored. I agree with your decision to keep the objectives simple. No need to make a lengthy campaign also a tedious one.

Mechs in Jets...

Well, I'm starting to create the flying mission. So, here's a mech jet that will be in the mission.

What do you think of it?
    ~SMDM~ TROTB2: (Creating cut scenes and music...)
    Other FM(s):Thief 2 Dizzy Project (Creating Yolkfolk Village...)

It looks amazing, but somehow I was expecting to see something which has a bit of steampunk touch if you know what I mean...

But anyway, good work!

Amazing. But for me, not Thiefy enough. It looks like a modern jet, not something that would exist in the Thief universe. There have been flying missions before that stayed truer to type. Just my opinion, but you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    It looks amazing, but somehow I was expecting to see something which has a bit of steampunk touch if you know what I mean...

But anyway, good work!
    Hmmm... I may do that. I just hope that it won't go over the poly limit.

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Amazing. But for me, not Thiefy enough. It looks like a modern jet, not something that would exist in the Thief universe. There have been flying missions before that stayed truer to type. Just my opinion, but you asked.
    Yeah, it's the modern type. I'm going to make another type. This one is going to be in the event where both Garrett and Saria are flying in the modern timeline like the "Contradiction" mission in TROTB 1.

outstanding screenshots, GORT. Keep up the good work. Just a quick question: Can you post a Link to your video on youtube which shows the Alpha stat of Rebellion of the Builder 2?
    Would really like to see it. I love the first part.

Video link...

OK, here it is.
    Early Alpha Preview of TROTB 2
    Now this is an early alpha version of what's to come. The video will show previews of the first four missions.

Current Stats...

OK, I'm now working on the 7th mission. This mission is where Garrett goes into The Smelter Tomb, east of the city. What he's doing there is searching for a connection between the Mechanists and the time stones. Nornally, he wouldn't do this, but he believes that this may have a link of the Mechanists finding the Trickster's remains. He doesn't want to take that chance. But what Garrett finds in there is a mystery in it's own.

Current Stats...

I've been doing quite a number on the 7th mission. I don't want to spoil the surprise in this mission, but here are a few pics of this mission.

There's a lot to be done here. I want this mission to be a bit challenging. But not impossible.

Clearinghouse
    Looks really interesting

Current Stats...

Things are looking really good in the 7th mission. I'm getting close to finish up and moving on to the next mission. In mission 8 Saria will be looking for Garrett after coming back from the Occult Woods. Unlike what happened to Garrett in the 7th mission, Saria couldn't get in the Smelter Tomb. So she looks for Garrett in another city. If you've played any of my FMs, then you'll know what city it is.

Now this city will have some differences that Garrett couldn't get to before. And there will be one particular area that Saria can't get to either.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    If you've played any of my FMs, then you'll know what city it is.
    No, I don't know, because it is an Unknown City.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    No, I don't know, because it is an Unknown City.

Good one.

BTW: I've just uploaded a video on youtube. It's a preview of the fifth mission, "The Secret of the Occult Woods"
    Here's a link: Click here.

This shows Saria's game play. You'll notice that she is a bit faster than Garrett, and her light gem is more sensitive.

Nice video. Something tells me this level will be tough! : )

Current Stats...

So far, so good. At the moment, I'm creating and taking out parts of the city in the 8th mission. Right now, I'm titling it "The Imposter". The south side is a little over halfway done, terrain wise. I'm hoping I won't have to take out too much. But if I have to, I can adapt to it with having certain areas that are unnecessary blocked by closed non-frobable gates. There may be a few alterations to the map because I'm using the version of the mission I was trying to update. The only hard parts of making this mission will be keeping it below the brush limit and making sure the events that happen while interacting with a few AIs to work properly. As for the next mission, I'm kinda fighting between two scenarios. Either I have a former Keeper confronting Saria or she discovers on how to use the time stones that she obtained.

How is it going, Mr. Gort, with the campaign?

Well, so far, I believe I'm done with the layout of mission 8. Right now, I'm trying the get the AI conversation interaction to work properly. Also, I'm setting up what Saria is not suppose to do in this mission. Doing these certain action will get her reported to the watch in the city. (In other words, everyone will treat you like in the OM "Ambush".) At the moment, I'm titling this mission "The Imposter".

The problem right now is the fact that its the busy season at work for me. So that means my free time is a little scarce. I'm not giving up on this FM set, but my progress may get a bit slower. If I can, I'll even try to get a video preview of another mission in TROTB 2.

It's nice to read that you're done with the layout.

"Doing these certain action will get her reported to the watch in the city. (In other words, everyone will treat you like in the OM "Ambush".)"

- wow, sounds exciting.

Wish you a good work!

Current Stats...

Well, things were at a stand still. But I'm getting things moving again. I'm about half-way done creating the conversations that the AI make in the mission, "The Imposter". Still, it makes me laugh a little to hear those AI conversation voices done in TTS.

BTW: Do any of you think I should put a video of the 7th mission, "An Unwilling Secret Travel", on youtube? Just thought I'd ask...

i'd love to see a vid, and am always glad to read about the progress you're making...

I'd also love to see a video of the progress.

Clearinghouse
    +1

Video Uploaded...

OK. I've uploaded the video the 7th mission on youtube. Click here to see it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast