TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Video too dark...

Rats!!
    I've just noticed that the video is too dark. I'll try to replace it as soon as I can.

Remember everyone. These movies are alpha versions. All custom actors will be in TTS. The Beta version will have actual voice acting.
    Last edited by GORT; 13th Jan 2012 at 23:25. Reason: Making a note about the previews of TROTB 2...

Looked OK to me, especially for an alpha.

hey gort, the movie looks amazing.

One question. Did you record the video with fraps? How did you bright it up? Did you use a special tool?

Yes I did. Then I've put it all together in Windows Movie Maker. In the first movie, I've used gamma correction in the Windows Movie Maker. As for the latest video, I did that in youtube. It's in the edit video section.

Current Stats...

The 8th mission is getting close to be completed. Almost all of the major objectives are are in working order. There is still a bit of AI interaction to take care of. All and all, I'm almost ready to start on the next mission. As for the 9th mission, I need to figure out the right synario to continue with.

Current Stats...

Mission 8, "The Imposter", is pretty much done. I may or may not need to add more AIs in it though. Anyway, all of the objectives are in and working. Now it's time for me to start on the 9th mission. I'm still at the fork of the road here. At this point of the storyline, Garrett was sent on a magical journey to who knows where, and Saria is going back to the Hammerite High Priest, Richter to gather info on the the tomb Garrett was in. So here's my question. Which of the two characters should I start next?

Here's how the storyline scenario sequence is lined up so far:
    M1 - Garrett
    M2 - Garrett
    M3 - Garrett
    M4 - Saria
    M5 - Saria
    M6 - Garrett
    M7 - Garrett
    M8 - Saria
    Last edited by GORT; 31st Jan 2012 at 23:37.

I'm not sure I know enough to answer that question, but from what I read I'd say: pick Saria. If you put Garrett in a total new mission in a total new atmosphere, while Saria visits familiar territory, I think the player would rather first continue on with the things he already knows in a way, than to start on a big new adventure.

@ PotatoGuy

Would it help if I PM the basic storyline up to where I'm at in this FM set to you?

Sure, go ahead!

OK. It's been PMed. Remember that it is just a rough draft outline. I also might want to make quite a few changes to it.

I figured that - PM'd ya back.

Current Stats...

OK, I'm working on the 9th mission titled "The Forgotten Kingdom". It will continue on Saria's scenario. Since Saria was unable to find Garrett in neither of the cities and couldn't get in Smelter Tomb, she goes back and tells High Priest Richter about her efforts. Richter was reminded of the story about an old kingdom through a mountain pass north from Smelter Volcano. It's been decades since anyone has even talked about it that nobody knows if it ever existed. But the important part of the story is that it had a interesting link with Smelter Tomb. After he was done with the story, there was a faint rumbling and a boom sound coming from the north mountain range. They quickly run outside look around. There was a strange glow in the mountains. Both Richter and Saria decided that she should check it out, hoping to find Garrett.

So far, there's a lot of map building to do here. The first part is going to be kind of like a abandoned city. I want the feel of this part of the mission to be similar to the OM "The Haunted Cathedral" in Thief 1, but in this mission the buildings will have a bit more detail and the player will be able to get on a few rooftops as well. At the moment, it looks promising. But the main focus will be in the huge castle. I'm really hoping that I can pull this off without too many problems.

Pics of the 9th mission so far...

OK. I've got about 25% of the map layout done. Here are a few pics of the mission so far. Remember, these are early versions of the mission.

The Beginning of the city.

Another part of the city.

The castle's main entrance.

One of the castle's hallways.

Part of the castle's garden.

Outside part of the garden.
    ~SMDM~ TROTB2: (Creating cut scenes and music...)
    Other FMs:The Unknown Treasure NDV (2 missions long)*Being Beta Tested*(1 person left testing)

Clearinghouse
    Wow! Beautiful screenshots!

Wow! The only problem is I can't say anything new! These screens look really promising, and the textures are really nice!

Just to let everyone know about the those custom banners, those are new models. I made them with 3 joints so that they can slightly move as though there was a light wind in the room (not like the original banner in the object hierarchy that uses multiple models).

If anyone needs a banner that does this, let me know.
    Other FMs:The Unknown Treasure NDV (2 missions long)*Being Beta Tested*(1 person left testing)

Current Stats...

Things are moving a bit slow, but I am still making progress. Right now, I'm working on the third floor of the castle. This will be where the king's, queen's and most loyal knight's bedrooms are at. The library has become a great two-story success. The total architecture of the mission is about 2/3 done. The next mission will have Saria finding Garrett while they discover Sir Edward's dark plans of an archaeology discovery (Remember a Mechanist's note in the mission "Contradiction"?).

On top of all this, I've finally figured out how to end this FM set. So I am now trying to cap this all off with the maximum of 12 missions. However, I may need to make a part 3 sometime in the future to complete the whole big story. We'll have to see what happens with this one when it actually gets to it's final state.

Current Stats...

I'm almost done with the architecture (well over 3/4 done). Now I'm getting the AIs, puzzles, and objectives in the mission. Also, I'm trying to create those classic type briefing movies with either one of the characters narrating, depending on the mission. And I'm creating the music for this whole FM set with the Yamaha SXG-50 MIDI driver. I still got a lot on my plate here, but at least I'm still progressing, staying at a mission cap of 12. I just hope that I can get this ready some time this year...

Now you just need a winter-themed map and it's all set.

Somehow, I can't wait for this FM. It doesn't seem to be my style, and yet it is like a combo pack of different themes and environments. Just the thing for a Taffer to ghost around.

Great work, GORT.

Current Stats...

Well, the ninth mission is almost done. I just need to put in objectives, check the AIs' paths, and make sure the conversations are working correctly. After this mission I'll have 3 more to go. I'm trying my hardest not to go over a total of 12 missions (so far, so good on that part).
    Albert
    Now you just need a winter-themed map and it's all set.
    It's funny that you said that. The next mission does have snow in it. It takes place on the high region of the northern mountain range pass the forgotten kingdom. This is where Saria and Garrett re-unite and discover the just what Edward's plan.

Current Stats...

Well, things are kind of slowing down a bit. Right now, I'm trying to get whole morning view work correctly. My first plan was to use distant art for background mountain ranges, but it didn't go so well. So, I've decided to create a greatly scaled half-sphere (about 200x200x80) with custom made tga files (9 of them so far), and throw it in the middle of the open terrain. Here's what I've got so far...

Now this was only a test. I may do some more editing on those tga files. There is a hell of a lot for me to create in this mission. All and all, I think I'm getting on the right track for this mission.

This daylight level gonna look definitely good!

Current Stats...

Things are a bit slow, but going ok. The 10th mission's architect is about 35% done. The curved tunnels in this mountain are looking good (although it can be very touchy about the structure watching out for co-plainer case errors). Also, I'm making good use of the 12gon cylinders and pyramids for spiral stairways and pillars. I'll try to get some pics as soon as I can.

Glad to see that you are still making progress. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

10th Mission Pics so far...

Here are a few pics.
    One of the inside tunnels of the mountain:

Lower reign inside the mountain:

Area you'll first see a few Mechs:

An important room with a pedestal needing some holy work on it:

I'll try to get some more once I'm almost done with the architect.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast