TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Current Stats...

Things are going quite well in the 10th mission. The architecture is getting close to being done. I just need to finish up final area of the mission. Then I'll be able to put in the rest of the stuff. In this mission, I've decided that your Saria, searching for Garrett. He is somewhere in this mission, but the both of them also will discover Sir Edward's plan that he had with the king in Smelter City.
    Here are some more pics.

After this mission, I'm going to make the flying mission. In this mission, both Garrett and Saria talk to Richter about Sir Edward's plan. With the help of Richter's fellow Hammerites they construct a flying machine that will take Garrett and Saria to Sir Edward's black zeppelin. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think I can do it.
    Last edited by GORT; 13th Aug 2012 at 10:41. Reason: Forgot the pics. :-P

This is getting very big, I suppose it won't be out this year. Nice pics!

Yah, it's hard to say as to when it will be ready. At the moment, I'm kinda multitasking between the Halloween Contest and this (more on the contest). I must say. I have quite a bit on my plate here. But I'm going keep at it.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Nice work Gort, I love the fog or low clouds hanging over that spire or steeple. cool !
    Nice to see you working on the contest. It should be a blast on Halloween.

Thanks, darthsLair. Just for a bit of a teas, here are a few pics of the Halloween FM I'm working on.

As for TROTB 2, it's a bit slow going. But things are still moving along well. I'm over 70% done on the architecture of the 10th mission. Quite a few 12 sided cylinders and pyramids (both different types) are carefully being used in this mission.

Can't wait, nice screenshots.

I can't wait for this to be finished big fan of yor fan missions

Current Stats...

Things are a bit slow, but I'm now back on track. I'm still working on the pallas on top of the mountain in the 10th mission. As for the 11th mission, that may take some time since its a flying mission. I have yet to make the steampunk versions of the Mechanist jet fighters and other things for the black zepplin. All and all, I'm hoping I'll get started on the 11th mission soon.

Moving TROTB 2 to v1.19...

Things are going to take while before I get back to speed on this FM set. I'm converting all of the missions here to version 1.19. It's for the best. So far, I don't have to go from scratch just yet. It's just mainly redoing a few brushes here and there. I did, however, had to reduce some of the particle attachments on my fire creature, but with the blooming effects it turned out fine. I will have to go back on each mission I've already done. More ideas are forming in my head. I can do more things in my missions now than before.

So, this might take even longer to make, but I think its worth it. Who knows. I might update it all up just as quick as I've made each of these missions. Wish me luck!

I'm glad since with 1.19 it will look much better, and it will be much stable, but at the same time I hope that it won't take too long. I was hoping that we can play this at the summer of 2013.

Good luck!!

GORT's gotta be single. Most spouses would've divorced him by now. Heh-heh

"Is that all yer gonna do is sit there and play with that #*$&%^& computer?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    GORT's gotta be single. Most spouses would've divorced him by now. Heh-heh

"Is that all yer gonna do is sit there and play with that #*$&%^& computer?!"
    Dromed is all of the luv you need!

But even with 26-sided cylinders it is still lacking proper curves.

Current Stats...

Things are looking up. Almost all of my missions are working in v1.19. I'm jumping back and forth between both versions to compare. I just have two more missions to fix up.
    After all of that, I'll be getting back to where I've left off.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Things are looking up. Almost all of my missions are working in v1.19. I'm jumping back and forth between both versions to compare. I just have two more missions to fix up.
    After all of that, I'll be getting back to where I've left off.
    Wow! This is much better news than I expected, so, I'm glad!

Well, I do need to redo the whole 10th mission, but I think I can build away without too much problems. I'm really starting to love version 1.19. I am also playing around with material files for some of the textures. I still have a great deal to learn about those settings, but I did manage to make it look like the marble floors and gold pillars shine (and somewhat of a fake reflection on them). I'm going to try to keep those material files to a minimum. Otherwise, it will take just that much longer to complete this FM set.

Current Stats...

OK, I'm pretty much caught up to where I was before switching to v1.19. I'm still working on the 10th mission, but I'm a bit over half-way done with the architecture of the whole mission. All I got to do is get the palace created. Then setup objectives and what-not. Here an updated pic of the palace entrance.

That looks amazing

Wow, that's nifty, GORT!

GORT, this whole thing is gonna be awesome!

Current Stats...

I'm very pleased on how the 10th mission is working out. I'm currently working on the Ice Section of the Mountain Palace. The Fire Section is pretty much done, unless I figure out something new to make it more challenging. Just remember that this FM set requires the blooming effects to make certain things look right (ex: The Sunlight, Fire Creatures, and other lit up things.). As it stands, I would have to say that the architecture is at about 75% done. I have to say. So far, this mission takes a bit longer, as a whole, to optimize than the other missions in this FM set. Probably because of all of those 26-sided cylinders I've used for tunnels and spiral staircases inside the mountain. Still, its a whole lot faster than on v1.18. I'm also making good use of the mtl files for ice shine and mountain snow glow. Well, I've better get back to work on it. You guys have been waiting for a long time for this FM set to come out. It's just that v1.19 have opened a few doors to me and I want to take advantage of them.

Are we able to get into the airship in your 10th mission?
    I like your composition of sky, sunlight, and distant art very much!

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Are we able to get into the airship in your 10th mission?
    I like your composition of sky, sunlight, and distant art very much!
    Well, you don't get in it on the 10th mission, but you do have to fly to it in the 11th mission. And finally, in the 12th mission, you are Garrett trying to foil Sir Edward's plans inside the airship.

I had to do some tricks to get that sky to work right. The mountain range you see there is actually a half-sphere object which gets transported to certain areas depending where the player is at. This was done before I've converted to the v1.19 patch. I did it this way so I could have the clouds move. Having the mountain range as distant art looked like crap in v1.18. I'm going keep this method in the mission. Use my time on the more important stuff.

OK, here's where I'm at now. The 10th mission is almost complete. I just need to add some AIs, a few objects, some conversations, and the objectives. Then I'll be working on the 11th mission.
    Last edited by GORT; 26th Feb 2013 at 08:59. Reason: Adding current Stats...

Current Stats...

Things slowed down a bit due to RL events that I just couldn't avoid. Some good and a few that were pretty bad. But I am making progress here. The objectives are almost done for the 10th mission. Right now, I'm testing out the functions of the conversations to make sure they work right no matter what goes on in the mission. Also, I'm testing the way I've got Saria (the character that gets played in this mission) being able to let Garrett know when it is a good time to follow her by having the player use a walkie talkie. (Should I show a video example of this?) So far, its working like a charm after the player double-presses the item button. It would be nice if I could get it to be a single press, but it was pretty tricky to get it to work at all. Well, at least its working right now.
    ~SMDM~
    FMs for Thief 2: TROTB1|UT|UTNDV|TROTB2

Glad you are still making progress Gort! Looking forward to this campaign, it looks as though it will be an instant classic.
    Keep up the AMAZING work!!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast