TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

Showing a video exaple...

@ Purgator
    Thanks.

Here's a video example of what I'm trying to do in the 10th mission.

@GORT: Maybe it's just the video, but your lights seem to be casting extreme self-shadows. You may want to look at fine tuning that.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    So far, its working like a charm after the player double-presses the item button. It would be nice if I could get it to be a single press, but it was pretty tricky to get it to work at all. Well, at least its working right now.
    Are you using an actual button to make this work? It sounds like it's being caused by the bug with a button object in which you have to press it twice before it responds when using the item from your inventory. Did you ever try setting the thing up with a lever and see if it works better?

Well I've just changed the script to "NVFrobToggle" and put don't Inherit to true. Now it seems to work with just one press. It is a button. It kinda makes me want to kick myself. I've should've used this earlier.

But, Saria is still forgetting to speak to Garrett now and then.

A bit unhappy right now...

Do to the restrictions of the prim_special number in v 1.21, I now can't make my ceiling trim corners (prim_special 168). Using the default existing corner-apex pyramids with 4 sides won't fit as good as the ones I've been using (they were either too big or too small, but the ones I was using fit perfectly). Is there a way to bypass the number restriction? In v 1.19, there wasn't a problem with using them.

Since you were using an undocumented primitive, all bets are off. I suspect that the primitive type was never intended for use and might be unstable. I highly recommend getting rid of all uses of that primitive type and redoing the geometry with legitimate ones. IIRC there is a discussion somewhere in this forum on the very issue of using undocumented primitives and why not to do so.

Hmmm...

Well I know that the OM "Shipping and Receiving" uses these primitives (both secondary pyramids and secondary corner-apex pyramids). They are quite useful especially when snapping terrain brushes to the grid. Oh well.

Current Stats...

Well, I'm now working on the 11th mission.
    There's crap load for me to do here. I've got to make the fighter jets fly correctly and the flight path is in working order. Here's a pic so far.

Main objective...
    Get to that Mechanist Zeppelin. I still need to create the flying contraption that Garrett needs to use in order to get there.

This will be the level that players will try and break. Have you considered doing it as a CS11.avi?

Well, I was kinda thinking about that, but I want the player to watch out for the Mechanist fighter jets while flying towards the zeppelin.
    Garrett would have to call Saria for cover fire if it gets too hairy. She will be in the Hammerite blimp taking control of the cannons.

This mission will probably be the most difficult mission for me to make, but I will do it.

Current Stats...

It is becoming a bit tricky, but I am making some progress on the flight paths. Here's a video of what I've got so far.

There's still a whole lot to do here. Hope you guys like it.
    Last edited by GORT; 10th May 2013 at 08:55.

Current Stats...

Things are going quite well in the 11th mission. Still need to put in more jet flight patterns, but that shouldn't take too long. I'm currently roughly at about 50% done with the mission. In the mission, there are more things to watch out for besides the jets dropping bombs on you. I'm going to try my darnedest to make this mission not very easy. Beatable, but not very easy.

When Garrett's health gets too low, the flying machine triggers the emergency alarm. I should see if I could make it also add some flames to machine.
    You will be able to move while flying. You'll need to if you don't want to die.

Indecisive about where Garrett should be next...

I've been getting some mixed ideas of where Garrett would be in on the 12 mission. Now at first I was going to have Garrett be in the zeppelin, but since I've put in the Mechanist fighter jets I'm now thinking that the player may want to know where all of those jets are coming from. So I'm thinking that maybe the zeppelin is for Garrett to get to Sir Edwards' Hover Carrier. I'm currently working on the hover carrier model. Going with this approach, Garrett would be on the hover carrier instead of the zeppelin in the 12 mission. But before I do all of this, I want to know all of your opinions on this. Should I do it or should I just stick with the zeppelin instead?

BTW: Here's a pic of the 11th mission.

Last edited by GORT; 20th May 2013 at 03:59. Reason: Put in a picture...
    ~SMDM~
    FMs for Thief 2: TROTB1|UT|UTNDV
    TROTB2: Currently Being Beta-tested

Spontaneously I'd say that zeppelins are more in line with the whole world of Thief. But it would be fun to see how a hover carrier could look like

Current Stats...

The 11th mission is nearly complete. I've got it so the player doesn't fly too high. If he or she does, a notification comes up stating that Garrett won't be able to breath if he goes any higher. And if Garrett goes even higher, he start losing life. Now about that hover carrier... I'm still a bit uncertain of whether or not I should put that in and make that the 12th mission.

Current Stats...

Well, I've decided to make the last mission take place on the hover carrier. That way, the player will know where the Mechanists Fighter Jets are coming from. This will probably be a good sized mission. So yeah, just one more mission to go and the alpha version will be done.

Current Stats...

Well, things are moving along. Right now, I'm working on the cargo and maintenance floors. Here are some pics so far. It's not much but here...

As you can see, I am making some kind of progress here on this last mission. But this is just only the first area of the whole carrier. I'm not so sure if I want it so that the player could be able to walk outside on the landing strip. It would be a nice touch (maybe that should be Garrett's escape area).

Short of using one of the replacement models, you should consider a DEDX skin for the combots. The blue just looks so Doom-ish.

Your perseverance in staying with this mission is commendable. I would have crashed and burned by now. The beta will no doubt be even more taxing.

He he. If you remember playing the Mystic Estate mission, you'll know that those gold and blue Combat Bots are to be feared.

New Bot...

After a bit of work, I was able to get this bot in. This is an E407-Alpha bot one of Edward's newer inventions. If it spots you, run like hell! It has some deadly fire power.

I want that bot in MY mission! Gimme, gimme, gimme! This aint fair!

Camera View...

In the last mission, Garrett will be able to see what the security cameras are seeing. Here's a video of what it looks like so far. If any of the cameras get damaged (like with a fire arrow), the view will be nothing but white noise.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    In the last mission, Garrett will be able to see what the security cameras are seeing. Here's a video of what it looks like so far. If any of the cameras get damaged (like with a fire arrow), the view will be nothing but white noise.
    A beautiful use of the NewDark custom camera overlay feature! You've achieved a nice subtle effect.

Cool! Also, I feel that the last mission will be very challenging (as well as the others?) with its metal floors, bright lights and fast bots. Can't wait!

Current Stats...

Things are moving along. I'm currently working on the exterior of the hover carrier. All of the cam viewers are done (unless I can think of more places to put them in). Two of those E-407As have a built-in cam to view with. There's still quite a bit to do, but I think I'm about a tad over 50% done with the architecture.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast