TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Stats On TROTB2...

@GORT - any plans of replacing that car model with something better looking? It might have looked cool, when you started working on your campaign years ago, but these days, it just strikes my eyes. It's not on a par with the rest of the mission basically. If you don't have time to model and texture a car, I'm sure you can easily find some more interesting replacement on the internet.

I'm already making new ones. This pic here is a rough version of one of them.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Awesome! I'm going to want to use your cars for the last mission of DCE. I'm sure you'll probably release TROTB2 first, so I'll just credit you with them if that's OK.

ZylonBane
    Admit it, you guys are all just working on a Dark engine remake of Burden of 80 Proof.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Actually, I'm doing Knight Rider.

I'm already making new ones. This pic here is a rough version of one of them.
    Oh, yeah - this one is waaay better!

Still making cars...

OK. I've still need to make more automobiles, but here's what one of them look like so far.

What is it you do to the mtl file for that fake reflection? I was the one that commented on video. I didn't realize you were gort on ttlg.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    What is it you do to the mtl file for that fake reflection? I was the one that commented on video. I didn't realize you were gort on ttlg.
    The mtl file looks like this.
    Code:
    force_opaque
    edge_padding 0

render_pass
            {
                TEXTURE obj/txt16/OTrston1
                shaded 1
                alpha 1
                rgb 1 1 1
                blend DST_COLOR DST_COLOR
                uv_source PROJECTION
                uv_mod SCALE 1 2
            }

render_pass
            {
    	    texture obj\txt16\gvette1
                shaded 1
                alpha 1
                rgb 1 1 1
                blend SRC_COLOR INV_SRC_COLOR
            }

render_pass
            {
    	    texture $texture
    	    shaded
            }

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    The mtl file looks like this.
    Ahh thanks GORT. Boy I didn't even see this in the material-format.txt. Not that I would have known what to do with with it. I really wish someone would do a demo of each feature. I wanted reflective windows, but not perfectly, so I will go with this method. So far I started to do slightly translucent window objects with sky materiel behind them.

Current Stats...

I may have made a mistake by making hidden missions in this, especially with that Solstice one (Over 250 rooms! What was I thinking?!). So far on that one, I'm not even halfway done with the rooms. My main problem is that the rooms don't exactly fit like a puzzle since in the original NES version of transitions between rooms are just black screens. With the version I'm making require hallways, stairs, and hills in order to make the rooms fit right. Nonetheless, I'm still building away. However, the cut-scenes are moving along well. I've got most of my CamVator sessions working correctly. The lines are nearly done.

Things are moving, but this is what I've got on the Solstice map so far.

That bottom area is "The Caves of the Doomed Souls". As you can see, I still need to construct the east and north areas.

I've managed to get the green potions, keys, and the magic boots to work correctly. The other potions are another story. I might need to scrap the yellow ones.

Current Stats...

The hidden Solstice mission is getting close to be completed. I've pretty much just need to get the eastern side of the map done. Here's a good example of what the whole map looks close to.
    The Original Solstice Map (NES)
    There will be differences in some rooms since some things just won't work right (ex: moving those glass spheres around correctly).

As for the conversations, I think it's time to start rallying the voice actors now. But just in case I'm overlooking the errors on the lines, can someone please take a look at them?
    I admit it. My grammar sucks.

Current Stats...

I'm starting to get some voice actors. So far I have 2 of them. As soon as I get all of the voice actors needed, I'll be making sure the conversations and the cut-scenes are in sync with the audio. Once this is all done, I'll start rallying up some beta testers. I have a good feeling about this. I'm kind of stoked right now.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Sounds great GORT - between this and DCE, sounds like we're going to have some nice long campaigns to play in 2015.

Awesome, Gort. Let me know if you need any help with voice acting. Don't know if my voice is right for any of the parts, but I am available.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Awesome, Gort. Let me know if you need any help with voice acting. Don't know if my voice is right for any of the parts, but I am available.
    I'll check those as soon as I can.

I'm avaliable too as a voice actor (28, male, deep voice quite similar to one of the thief voices in the original game)

@ ticky

OK, I've just PMed you.

GORT, your pm box is full, so you can't receive messages at the moment!

Current Stats...

OK. My inbox is cleaned up. So far, so good on the voice actors. However, I can't seem to get a hold of SlyFoxx for the voice of Garrett. He must be busy. If I can't get a hold of him soon, I'll have to find some else that can do Garrett's voice over. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Same here Gort. I am actually practicing Garrett's voice over and over and doing experiments to mod mine in tone via audio filters. Almost close but no cigar. It's laughable. Kinda works if I say something for less than two seconds. If I hear anything else as a alternative I will pm you. Maybe we could start a call to talents post.

Mike Myers can do a pretty good Garrett.

Current Stats...

Well, I'm constructing more of the briefing videos and getting some of the real voices in place. Things are a bit on the slow side because of the holidays, but I'm finding some time to work on it. I'm not sure if I should put up anymore examples. There are still some things that I've haven't revealed yet. But I'm thinking of putting up another briefing video on youtube. This one is for the fourth mission. This time it has the voice actor for Saria narrating. What do you think? Should I put it up or not?
    Last edited by GORT; 28th Dec 2014 at 05:00.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast