TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mothership Zeta DLC beams down in August

Cant wait

Ah yes I can hardly wait for 100 mega+ patch that will add the achievements for it and not fix a god damn thing.

EDIT:

Oh yes, forgot to add, fuck all the people that can't play. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Xenith; 16th Jul 2009 at 13:54.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Not a diehard Fallout fan or anything, but isn't the content of this DLC a little...strange?

Moderator and Priest
    Fallout 1 & 2 had a few references to UFOs and alien intelligences scattered throughout...mostly as jokes or neat little easter eggs. This new patchspansion looks to be taking those little tidbits and running full on with them.

Of the whole DLC lot, this one interests me the least. Aliens in Fallout are just...eh.

ZylonBane
    Christ... even on board an alien spaceship, everything still has that awful green haze.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Christ... even on board an alien spaceship, everything still has that awful green haze.
    Bitches don't know about Fellout.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Bitches don't know about Fellout.
    Way to entirely miss my point, genius.

deadly shadows is too blue, fallout is too green, gears of war is too brown

I watched Oh Brother Where Art Thou the other day and I was all "way to fucking go overboard with the sepia, cohens!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    gears of war is too brown
    is that one of those quake mods?

Maybe there will be more Alien Ammo, therefore letting my OCD-having self actually USE the Firelance.

you know in the unpatched fallout 3 game on one run through something weird concerning aliens happered at that supermarket not far from megatom, there was a trail of smoke over it, 3 bodies in bits in one of the cart storage things, a alien blaster next to a car, and 98 alien blaster cartridges scattered around the parking lot, only seen it once never seen it happen again, went to the alien spaceship crash site and got another blaster there.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by belboz View Post
    you know in the unpatched fallout 3 game on one run through something weird concerning aliens happered at that supermarket not far from megatom, there was a trail of smoke over it, 3 bodies in bits in one of the cart storage things, a alien blaster next to a car, and 98 alien blaster cartridges scattered around the parking lot, only seen it once never seen it happen again, went to the alien spaceship crash site and got another blaster there.
    Was it the random event that gives you the Firelance?

Fallout 3 on board a spaceship. Bring on the endless corridors and rooms!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie007 View Post
    Fallout 3 on board a spaceship. Bring on the endless corridors and rooms!
    Yeah, when has there ever been a good game set on board a spaceship?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Yeah, when has there ever been a good game set on board a spaceship?
    He did say Fallout 3, though...

Most ttlgers will like it because:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=article&did=442
    Gameplay wise the overall experience is great as it is more of a first person shooter this time rather than a quest driven role playing action game.
    Not like Fallout 3 wasn't a shooter in the first place...

Downloaded it, played it, hated it. Almost as bad as the first DLC, and at least Anchorage had some useful and fun loot at the end.

Its mostly action orientated like Operation Anchorage but the setting is far more interesting and some of those voice recordings are hilarious.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Just found the following:-
    Mothership Zeta Hi-res complete retexture mod.

I use this modder's high res power armours, they're fantastic. I expect that this is of high quality craftsmanship as well.

ZylonBane
    This guy appears to be yet another one of those idiots who just scales a texture up, applies some filters, and calls it a HIGH REZ TEXTURE!!

he keeps saying "cardboard walls replaced with metal ones" but they look the same to me.

I heard it can corrupt fallout 3 making it not run and having to re-instal it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Other than the scripting for the 3rd quest completely breaking and thus having to resort to using the no clip console command, I've had no issues. I was able to happily continue my wandering around the Capital Wasteland afterwards.

Fuck Mothership Zeta man, it is a massive pile of bugs. Also its gameplay ain't that great, it boils to being a corridor shooter.

Protip: Save before finishing the space walk on the hull of the ship (i.e. before the quest "Among the Stars" ends and "This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough..." begins, because the events on the scripting on the Observation Deck keeps on breaking down. Also don't initiate conversation with any of the NPCs on the Observation Deck (particularly Somah and Tecorian).
    I.e. NPCs may walk into a wrong teleporter the and doors will end up unopenable, uncompleted objectives will be marked as completed, NPCs may run around madly rather than following the scripted "real-time cutscene".

All of this leaving the only way to finish the mission via the no clip console command, tcl (aside from constantly reloading and hoping that the scripting works). Naturally console owners would be totally fucked if they didn't make earlier saves.