TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, a couple of DromEd questions.

OK, a couple of DromEd questions.

Hello everyone.

I am going to take some Thief 2 screenshot for my thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127269. I would like to take some screenshot of Friend Vylnia and Brother Darius arguing about the Sevants Project, on Angelwatch, plust some other screenshot about mechanists.

For doing this, I need of:

1-) placing the mission start point near the place when I want to do the picture (i.e. in the dance hall)

2-) setting all the AI in the area to a non-hostyle behaviour, so they doesn't attack me/escape.

Since I know nothing about DromEd, someone would be so patient to tell me step by step how can make these two points?

Thanks in advance.

For the second, open the console ingame with shift+; and type "aiawareofplayer", without the quotes, and press return.
    If you're using the DromEd Toolkit, then simply press Alt+F8. This will turn off the AIs' awareness.

The first is more complicated, you need to navigate to the place where you want to start in DromEd.
    You can either move the starting point there (it's the object right where the camera is when you first open the mission in DromEd), or navigate the DromEd camera to the appropriate location, type "persistent_player_pos_ in the console, and then go into game mode. (You only have to type the command once per session.) This will make the player appear where the DromEd camera is, rather than at the starting point. Make sure your camera isn't in a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    For the second, open the console ingame with shift+; and type "aiawareofplayer", without the quotes, and press return.
    If you're using the DromEd Toolkit, then simply press Alt+F8. This will turn off the AIs' awareness.

The first is more complicated, you need to navigate to the place where you want to start in DromEd.
    You can either move the starting point there (it's the object right where the camera is when you first open the mission in DromEd), or navigate the DromEd camera to the appropriate location, type "persistent_player_pos_ in the console, and then go into game mode. (You only have to type the command once per session.) This will make the player appear where the DromEd camera is, rather than at the starting point. Make sure your camera isn't in a wall.
    I am a Thief 3 fan mission designer. With that editor you can preview the map in it, so you can have an idea about where you are. But with DromEd I just see alot of cubes in a black background: there is some possibilities to enable some kind of preview here?

More: when I close the "in game" mode, DromEd closes too; there is some way to avoid it closes?

And I have to type "persistent_player_pos_" any time I start the map, or I can save it in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    I am a Thief 3 fan mission designer. With that editor you can preview the map in it, so you can have an idea about where you are. But with DromEd I just see alot of cubes in a black background: there is some possibilities to enable some kind of preview here?
    You can enable it by holding down the right mouse button on the 3D view (top-left) and choosing Solid+Selection.
    You might want to get my DromEd Toolkit, since it comes with that option set by default, plus lots of menus and keyboard shortcuts to help you do things easier.

More: when I close the "in game" mode, DromEd closes too; there is some way to avoid it closes?
    Hit Alt+E to return to the editor, or type edit_mode into the console.

And I have to type "persistent_player_pos" any time I start the map, or I can save it in some way?
    You can't save it with the mission, but you can modify DromEd to automatically apply it at startup. Again, if you're using the Toolkit, simply add it to the file startup.cmd, on its own line, making sure to leave one blank line at the end of the file. If you're not using the Toolkit, you'll need to configure DromEd to automatically run startup.cmd yourself. I think that's in DromEd.cfg.

It's also worth pointing out that the Toolkit includes customised menus, and in the Game menu is Persistent Player Position and AI Aware. So If you don't want to mess around with startup.cmd you can just select the two menu items.

(I know you wanted them run automatically, but selecting from menus the next best thing)

So, I've installed the tools and all that I've asked works fine.

But now why I have all these crappy resolution (a sort of 600x480), light and wrong textures? O_o

http://i31.tinypic.com/33oqs0i.jpg

What can I do to modify them?

I've seen the wrong textures in some missions too (e.g. in Eavesdropping) but I don't know how to fix it.*

To fix the resolution, try the Game menu, and Game Mode Settings. I think the maximum is 1024 x 768, but if you use DDFix with Dromed you might be able to use higher resolutions.

*edit: It's something to do with the 'stripping' process which reduces file sizes. You can get unstripped Thief 2 missions either from CD#1 or from here:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/teg-old/tools/
    (the downloads represent the missions after the 1.18 patch was applied)
    Last edited by R Soul; 25th Jul 2009 at 16:52.

And what can you say me about that complete absence of darnkess?

if you have the dromed toolkit installed...
    try: view-> toggle light...

no person better than you to tell this, nightshifter ehehe (I hope you understand the irony )

ehh, i'm not sure if you are refering to my post in scarycitties thread or to my nick...

To the nick.

I have another question again: I need of the file names of the sounds of the gate, when it is lifted, and when it stops. Thanks.

doors\d_bars1o.wav
    doors\d_bars1c.wav

Thanks! Great!
    Yesterday I was searching for an hour without success, because I searched in the SFX section :/ (that should be more appropriate, in my opinion)

They were in SFX in Thief 1, IIRC.

I don't see how you can get any more appropriate than "doors" for door sounds, though.

How can I do to avoid this? -_-

I have that sort of problem too. The missions are stripped, which removes unnecessary information, and for some reason it borks the textures in that mission.

You can load the unstripped version instead. It's on CD #1 or you can download it:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/teg-old/tools/
    The downloaded version may have some minor updates from the 1.18 patch, and the AI will be able to move around, but if you're just looking around either version will be fine.

Already done, and no chages were made

Can someone tell me what files are for that slippery noise that the frogbeast do when it moves? I don't mean the sound of the feets.

So?? No one knows it?

I don't know the sound, but you can look them up easily with Thief Media Edit:
    http://www.jasonotto.net/resources/me100.zip

This one cames centuries ago before WinRAR Now you can quietly open them with WinRAR, just assiging that file format.

But this isn't the problem, I need of the name of the audio file when the frogbeast moves to watch around, that's the only one that lack, I managed to recover all the other files.

Are you sure it isn't a part of some other sound, like a voice file? If you use the command game_quiet, the sounds will be disabled and the game will report to monolog each file that that it cannot play (in this case it will be all of them). When I did this, all the sounds were ft_frog... and fb1..., which I assume you've already found.

jtr7
    From the FROG schema:

//FROG BEAST

//FROG EXPLOSION
    schema exp_frog
    archetype COLLISIONS
    volume -1
    expfrog2 expfrog
    env_tag (Event Death) (CreatureType Frog)

//AT STEADY STATE LEVELS
    schema fb1a0
    archetype AI_NONE
    mono_loop 1000 20000
    volume -500
    fb1a0__1 fb1a0__2 fb1a0__3
    schema_voice vfrog 1 atlevelzero
    schema_voice vfrog 1 atlevelone
    schema_voice vfrog 1 atleveltwo
    schema_voice vfrog 1 atlevelthree

//TRANS TO OTHER LEVELS
    schema fb1to1
    archetype AI_NONE
    fb1to1_1
    schema_voice vfrog 1 tolevelone
    schema_voice vfrog 1 toleveltwo
    schema_voice vfrog 1 tolevelthree
    schema_voice vfrog 1 spotplayer

//ATTACKING
    schema fb1att
    archetype AI_MINOR
    fb1att_1 fb1att_2
    schema_voice vfrog 1 comattack

//HURT
    schema fb1hhi
    archetype AI_MINOR
    fb1hhi_1 fb1hhi_2
    schema_voice vfrog 1 comhithigh
    schema_voice vfrog 1 comhitlow
    schema_voice vfrog 1 comhitamb

Can't be anything else unless the schema's wrong.

This one cames centuries ago before WinRAR Now you can quietly open them with WinRAR, just assiging that file format.
    Incidentally, Thief won't care if you just change the .crf extension to .zip - it will still work as normal.