TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2525762677277828792979899100101102
Results 2,526 to 2,540 of 2540

Thread: What have you watched lately?

verbose douchebag
    It's awesome. One of the most instant and enduringly charming films I've ever seen.
    Raises the exciting question - what if Anderson hasn't even hit his peak yet?

Tonight I watched "Seven Pounds". What a bad movie it is. It's odd in that it makes sense, but then it doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

For someone whose out to "save" 7 people, he spends 99% of the movie around Rosario Dawson and then barely any time at all with the other 6. Also I don't get why he HAD to save 7 people. I know he accidentally caused the deaths of 7, but using his body parts to save 7 (resulting in his death) makes no sense. Yes it saves 7, but what he did was an ACCIDENT that anyone could have done. He didn't go out and shoot/murder 7. He accidentally caused the death of 7. Why couldn't he join some aid group and devote the rest of his life to helping to save others. He'd have saved FAR BEYOND 7 that way.

There is so many plot holes in the movie it's not funny.

5/10.

Saw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Overlords ... completely blind, just because the poster and title assured it is sci-fi.

It is a kids movie, but not for too young. Liked it very much. Sure, it is quite silly at times, but not offensively so - ie. the silliness never leaves the bounds one expects from a kids movie. Well focused and does not waste any time. Nice visuals carrying a fun plot (no surprises, everything is pretty thoroughly telegraphed, but still fun). Did not notice any bad acting (even the youngest one).

... also, it is British, that is worth some freshness points from the get-go.

Watched "V.H.S" tonight. Great movie. It's split off into several short story films within the movie, each of varying quality.

The first is straight out boring up until the vampire shows up and then it's good, the 2nd is really good though there's nothing supernatural about it. The 3rd is my ABSOLUTE favorite of the lot since I'm a HUGE fan of Friday the 13th and the first Blair Witch movie, and it's definitely a melding of the two sort of. Bit's of it leave you wondering WHAT THE FUCK afterward. That is the one of the bunch that stayed in my thoughts after the movie finished.

4th was quite good overall though it's left unfinished so you wonder what in the hell happened after that, and then the final one is just straight up supernatural stuff and was alright, though came across as more fake-ish than the rest. Though I was left wondering who in the hell was left alive in the house to watch it as the rest of the guys were all dead by that point.

All in all a great flick. Loved it. 9/10.

Anyone catch the new episode of Mad Men? While the critics pretty much tore it a new one, I thought it was OK. Pretty much just catch up filler. For those of us that grew up in the era, the show does a pretty good job of depicting the time.

Knows his stuff
    Are you guys watching the new Daredevil series? I watched the first 3 episodes yesterday. It's pretty good. Some good performances from the main cast. I'm especially enjoying Daredevil himself, played by Charlie Cox (the guy who played Tristan in Stardust). The production values are nothing special, but you can tell they've put some effort on the fight scene chorography. There's a faux-one-take fight scene at the end of episode 2 where an injured Daredevil beats up a bunch of Russian thugs in an underground hallway, and the whole thing looks like something out of a Scott Adkins movie. It looks good. It looks like it hurts.

Anyway, yeah, recommended!

verbose douchebag
    You're the third person with good taste I've heard giving this the thumbs up.
    Will have to get on it (once I've re-watched all of GoT again in time for season 5 to finish).

Southquarter.com
    Rumor has it the first four episodes of GoT season five leaked online. Standard def only though.

Definitely gotta check out Daredevil.

That rumor is correct. I prefer watching them in high def, so I'll wait for those each Monday. Been patient enough to wait for the series return, so I can wait alittle longer.

Knows his stuff
    Polygon wrote a gushing article about the Daredevil fightscene I mentioned above, and also embedded a video of the whole thing. I still recommend seeing it in the context of the episode though. Apparently the creators are claiming it's an actual one-take. I just assumed it was stiched together because, come on.

Also, watched episode 4 yesterday. The villain of this story is pretty great.

Finally pushed myself through the first few episodes of S6 of Mad Men and trusted that the writers know what they're doing, and wow, what a season. The finale in particular hit me hard emotionally. Excellent writing. Hopefully will see the final episodes out as they air if I can catch up over the next week...

Avengers: Age of Ultron in 3 words:

Go watch it.

Watched the movie "The Words". Good performances by the cast, but the movie (from my interpretation of it) sends a very negative sort of message.

Brad Cooper, a book writer, wants nothing more in this world than to be successful at what is his life's passion but struggles since none of the publishing companies will publish his stories/books since he had yet to create a REALLY great book. He finds a unpublished story written decades earlier by an unknown author (no name is on the story) written several decades earlier, and he ends up publishing this as his own. A bad act yes.

Then his other stories get published and he's then immensely successful. Achieving his life's goal, which would also allow him to be able to support him and his wife. If he'd not done that he'd never have been successful (in that career) and gone to his grave miserable. The original author of the story then shows up, doesn't want his name on it, but want's him (Brad Cooper) to know of the wrong he had done and that he basically didn't deserve the fame that had come to him. Now knowing of the wrongness of his action he (Brad) now fully believes he'll never amount to anything, that he's a terrible writer and pretty much gives up on everything.

Whilst publishing the book in his own name was wrong, I don't agree with the movies message. If he'd never published it, the original author never would have found his story and nothing would have come of it, and secondly he (the original author) was an old man at death's door, so whether or not it was published would have had no positive or negative impact on his life (since he lost it when he was quite young and it wasn't found until many decades later. Fate had been bad to the original author, not Brad's character. If anything, I think it was fate giving him a chance to achieve brilliance through getting his own actual books published, but through the original author meeting him and confronting him, destroyed that and ruined the guys life.

If Dennis Quade (who looks nothing like Bradley Cooper at all), is the future version of Brad's character then he achieved some later success (as he did keep writing) but lost his wife in the process and became an alcoholic.

So the movies message was that he shouldn't have published it, never achieved anything with his career (which would have meant the end of his marriage either way) and never amounted to anything. No good came from the original author damning him from stealing his story at all. No good at all.

Whilst I personally wouldn't have done the same thing in his (Brad's) shoes, he did the wrong thing for the right reason, and so I completely disagree with the movie.

4/10. Worth a watch once as the acting is good, but I don't agree with the movie at all.

I thought Age of Ultron was overstuffed and a bit lacking... Some great moments but a lot of carnage and very little character/team development of any meaning.

I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I watched Orgazmo for the first time in awhile. Spoiler: It's still awesome.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2525762677277828792979899100101102