TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5556065707580859095100101102103104105
Results 2,601 to 2,619 of 2619

Thread: What have you watched lately?

verbose douchebag
    I think the dialogue has a rhythm and pace to it which is definitely intended to be eeeever so slightly surreal.

Knows his stuff
    I'll let you have that one, because it's your birthday. Happy birthday! You got your wish, winning an argument with me!

verbose douchebag
    I'd never wish to even have an argument with you Henke
    I'll take the birthday wishes though

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    The dialogue? I actually think it's pretty natural. The characters certainly aren't quite normal. Sandler, Watson, and Hoffman's characters all have their share or anger issues and quirks, but the way they talk is full of the kind of akwardness you normally don't see in movies.

Aaaaaa how can you *not* love Punch-Drunk Love?

I'm going to dig out my dvd and watch it again right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Aaaaaa how can you *not* love Punch-Drunk Love?
    A general dislike of Adam Sandler and/or arthouse movies (if that is a proper description for that particular movie) would be a good start.

Different people, different taste.

Tonight went to see "Jurassic World". Went in expecting something along the lines of the 2nd movie which was half half (has a good start to it the 2nd one), and ended up watching something awesome.

Never a dull moment in the movie. All the Dinosaurs are awesome in it even when they look like obvious CGI (only happens sometimes). Has many predictable bits, but that doesn't detract from the movie at all as it still has some great surprise moments. Much more so towards the end. I had completely expected Chris Pratt to basically just do another Guardians of the Galaxy type acting performance, but nope he played his part very differently. Much more of a bad ass this time around. Even the other human characters are well done overall, in-line with the first movie.

Action scenes were excellent. Would have liked more gore for that realism factor rather than just cutting the camera away but that's fine. Music was excellent.

10/10. Go see this if you loved the first movie. Hell, go see it even if you haven't. Does help if you have seen atleast the first movie though. Best sequel to the first movie by a LONG SHOT.

Itching to go watch the first movie again now .

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    A general dislike of Adam Sandler and/or arthouse movies (if that is a proper description for that particular movie) would be a good start.

Different people, different taste.
    FINE. Deflate my drunken hyperbole with facts. You BASTARD.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Tonight went to see "Jurassic World". Went in expecting something along the lines of the 2nd movie which was half half (has a good start to it the 2nd one), and ended up watching something awesome.

Never a dull moment in the movie. All the Dinosaurs are awesome in it even when they look like obvious CGI (only happens sometimes). Has many predictable bits, but that doesn't detract from the movie at all as it still has some great surprise moments. Much more so towards the end. I had completely expected Chris Pratt to basically just do another Guardians of the Galaxy type acting performance, but nope he played his part very differently. Much more of a bad ass this time around. Even the other human characters are well done overall, in-line with the first movie.

Action scenes were excellent. Would have liked more gore for that realism factor rather than just cutting the camera away but that's fine. Music was excellent.

10/10. Go see this if you loved the first movie. Hell, go see it even if you haven't. Does help if you have seen atleast the first movie though. Best sequel to the first movie by a LONG SHOT.

Itching to go watch the first movie again now :).
    I'm watching this tomorrow. Super excited! I'm a huge fan of the movies and the books - the first book is my all-time favourite science fiction. Would love to see some more opinions in the next twelve hours before I watch it :P

Jurassic World is easily the second best Jurassic Park film.

The human characters are a little archetypal and thin, but everything else is exactly what you want from an awesome blockbuster action film - lots of crystal-clear, exciting dino action.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Jurassic World is easily the second best Jurassic Park film.

The human characters are a little archetypal and thin, but everything else is exactly what you want from an awesome blockbuster action film - lots of crystal-clear, exciting dino action.
    Seconded, after watching. Amazing movie. I loved it. It comes close to the first, but lacks the depth of character and storyline. Still, it's worth watching twice in theatres and then buying the Special Edition.

Lots of great dino action. I approve.

Had the pleasure tonight of rewatching the first Jurassic Park movie for the 1st time in QUITE some time. Hadn't watched it since the early 2000s I think. I'd also seen it in the movies back when it first screened, and whilst it's definitely a movie best watched in a cinema (or atleast a room with a huge screen and surround sound + sub woofer preferably for the T-Rex bits) the movie holds up really damn well nowadays. Sure the CGI bit's are obvious, but it's not bad CGI. Quite good CGI really. Much like Terminator 2 (another movie which even today holds up really damn well on the CGI side of things). The animatronics is excellent. Not surprising since Stan Winston (of Aliens fame) handled that side of it. Story still holds up.

Funny seeing Samuel L Jackson in it, back when he was only getting side roles mostly.

But yeah, really good stuff. Even after watching Jurassic World, which went for a 100% CGI style.

Now to watch the 2nd and 3rd movies. I did go and see the 2nd in cinemas and was half half on it. Has a good start from what I remember of it. Only seen it once. The 3rd I've never seen, since I'd heard it was pretty bad. But who knows.

Watched Jurassic Park 2 - The Lost World tonight. What a horrible horrible sequel. Far too much time spent on boring conversations with the humans, not enough time spent with dinosaurs on screen, and dull boring characters. Only real standouts were Pete Postlethwaite (who played a hunter type character) and Richard Attenborough who reprised his role as John Hammond. They atleast had substance to them.

The rest were just boring. Even the returning characters. Movie has a few good moments. The start for example + a few others after the midway point. The rest of the movie was just meh. They even managed to stuff the Raptors up. Also far more in the way of CGI and far less on the animatronics end. The animatronics that is used looked far more fake than in the first movie.

Certainly a far darker movie with more deaths shown and a far higher body count to the first one.

5/10. Not a bad movie, and not a good one. Now to watch the 3rd movie.

Amazingly, the 3rd is even worse.

Meh.

I love Investigation Discovery, I love Investigation Discovery. Dah dah dah dah DAH DAH

Watching the older cable series "Drunk History" from the History Channel. I think it is good for me to see these. Being "lit" is not usually conducive to being understood or believed.

Binge watched both seasons of Utopia. First season was better than the second, but overall I'm quite satisfied, both with the show's praised visuals and the characters, very, very non-black & white characterisation going on there. Wonder what Fincher will do with this.

I've been revisiting old National Film Board of Canada cartoons, via YouTube and Vimeo.
    I grew up in 1970s Ireland. Our national broadcaster, RTE, used to show a continuous stream of these animated gems back then.
    They had wildly inappropriate airing times, considering some of the content. They were often billed simply as "Cartoon Time" on the schedule.
    I have to say, quite a few of them gave me more than my fair share of sleepless night as a child, but I loved them dearly.
    Like this one....

Spot on, Chris.

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5556065707580859095100101102103104105