TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22727782879297102107112117118119120121122
Results 3,026 to 3,040 of 3040

Thread: What have you watched lately?

There are a fair few explosions in The Expendables 3.

Watched the movie "Creep". All in all, pretty damn good. Even if the guy filming it (as it's another camera feed horror-ish one) is a total dumbass. Only negative is that the trailer ruined about 1/2 of the jump scares. But yeah, good film.

8/10

Watched the first 4 episodes of Jericho, intriguing show. Some interesting events foreshadowed on the horizon. Hope it doesn't get too formulaic.

Made it through a lot of Doctor Who (the post 2005 reboot) over the last few months while I've been away. I've pleasantly surprised until I logged on this morning and found that those DIRTY SONS OF BITCHES at the BBC have revoked US streaming for all Dr. Who related content, on all channels. The semi good news is that for the next few months I'll be able to access the last season by spoofing a UK IP address.

Cyberghost 5 FTW.

I use that for all my VPN needs in those sorts of cases.

So Silicon Valley is funny as shit. It's not what I'd call pitch perfect, there are bumps, but it holds up on the whole.

For some reason I thought it was going to turn into Big Bang Theory, but happily so far it's avoided that fate. For one, BBT's cast are caricatures to their core. SV is about guys you can believe are real people.

Level 10,000 achieved
    So, I'm late to the feelbad-party that is Making a Murderer. Just watched the last episode. God, I feel bad for Brendan. That kid reminds me of myself when I was young and naive. Of course he's gonna agree with what the police are insisting is the truth, especially when they say he has to agree in order not to get in trouble. I probably would've.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    So, I'm late to the feelbad-party that is Making a Murderer. Just watched the last episode. God, I feel bad for Brendan. That kid reminds me of myself when I was young and naive. Of course he's gonna agree with what the police are insisting is the truth, especially when they say he has to agree in order not to get in trouble. I probably would've.
    That show is long overdue. There's a ton of people who will instinctively gravite towards copsucking(which means figuratively what it literally sounds like), but given that Americans mostly believe whatever television tells them to this show will go a long way towards pulling the wool off their eyes and realizing that no, not all police are like the ones you see on crime shows or COPS.

Still, if you think that's bad you should ask your black friends how they feel about cops. Either them or any such group which is subject to regular police abuse and harassment.

verbose douchebag
    Police discriminating against black people!? That's a startling revelation - how long has this been going on?

Ripper street: Almost good, but gave up some time into the third season. Has the same problems Copper had of trying to be too edgy drumming up suspense.

New season of Black Sails is kind of meh so far. I've seen some of the criticism of the show and it's fair enough I guess, but compare it to Crossbones and you ought to understand why it made it past series 1.

Beasts of no Nation: I wouldn't give it an Oscar, but I wouldn't be upset if it got one.

Lastly, I'm watching the last half of the latest season of The Good Wife. Quality has dropped noticeably, but it's still my favourite TV show currently on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Still, if you think that's bad you should ask your black friends how they feel about cops. Either them or any such group which is subject to regular police abuse and harassment.
    You've convinced me, and I think I have a solution. I'm going to go to my local library and shout at strangers.

Wolf of Wall Street watched. Great movie. And dayam Margot Robbie. She was hot in neighbours, and hot in everything else. Very good acting all round.

9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Wolf of Wall Street watched. Great movie. And dayam Margot Robbie. She was hot in neighbours, and hot in everything else. Very good acting all round.

9/10.
    "Great"?

I'll give you good acting and Margot Robbie being hot, but the movie completely fails at what it advertised. It's not about a tale of corruption and greed. It's not even about Leonardo DiCaprio being Jordan Belfort: It's about Leonardio DiCaprio being Leonardo DiCaprio.

If you want something a little bit more interesting(but less over the top) watch Billions or the Big Short. Both are semi-accurate portrayals of finance.

That's fine. I still very much enjoyed it.

Nah it was great and exactly what it advertised.

Gotten deeper into Jericho, feels a bit like Walking Dead in the whole how-do-we-survive and tough-moral-leadership-choices but with nuclear war instead of zombies.

also started on Jessica Jones and I am intrigued so far. I love psychological movies and topics of mental issues, so that's keeping me interested! But I've had multiple friends tell me they started on it but then just kind of fizzled out, so we'll see.

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22727782879297102107112117118119120121122