TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121126131136141146151156161166167168169170171
Results 4,251 to 4,257 of 4257

Thread: What have you watched lately?

Watched the finale for season 2 of Westworld. Wow. So much happens. So many questions answered only to be replaced with new ones.

If there is a season 3 of this show, then it's going to be COMPLETELY different to before. Some great twists. All in all though, if they ended it here I'd be fine with that. Some questions are better left unanswered. Overall a great finale.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Spiderman: Homecoming - Awwww yeah, this is the best Marvel movie I've seen in a while! Possibly the best Spiderman movie as well.

Thor: Ragnarock - I was expecting it to be weirder, coming from Taika Waititi, but it's still very much a by-the-numbers Marvel movie. It's still good though, but not as good as Spiderman.

Elle - This was intense and interesting and good, although it does threaten to turn into a TV Soap at times, when it's trying to pack a dozen storylines into one movie.

Moana - I've listened to some of the songs a lot previous to seeing it, being a fan of Lin-Manuel Miranda's work, and I'm glad to say the movie lives up to the soundtrack!

Toy Story - I think I've only seen Toy Story 3 previously in this series. By today's standards the 3D animation is pretty rough in this, Pixar's first big feature, especially on the human characters. But the voice performances of the toys really do a lot to turn them into believable, lovable characters. Very good!

OVERALL SUMMARY OF MOVIES: THEY'RE GOOD

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Great and fairly unpredictable film, with a great cast. I haven't watched any of Martin McDonaghs other movies, so I don't know if I have been missing out.
    The movie does a great job of creating interesting multidimensional characters each with their own good and bad traits. As a viewer you are forced to consider, and then reconsider several of them as the plot progresses, something I think is hard to pull off in a good way within a 2 hour movie, yet I think this one at least mostly succeeded. I was left with as many questions as answers in the end, but that is how it had to be.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Split - Damn this was good! I went in not knowing much about it (except for the final twist, because of course the internet had ruined that surprise for me). Never a dull moment in this one, I was captivated throughout. That Shaymalan's career has been real up and down, but with this one he knocked it out of the park.

Patriots' Day - This one's about the Boston Marathon bombings. I didn't think the bombings themselves would have enough drama to sustain a entire movie, but I wasn't aware of just how crazy the ensuing manhunt got. I'm sure a lot of it is heightened, but a very thrilling movie anyway.

XXX: The Return Of Xander Cage - Well, it's as dumb and over-the-top as you'd want, but unlike the Fast & Furious movies it doesn't have the character drama to make you care about any of it, and as a result it kinda gets boring long before the end. Shame.

Moonlight - Ok, yes, this was pretty damn good. Oscar well deserved.

People Places Things - Jemaine Clement-starring dramedy about a divorcee cartoonist. It's enjoyable, but I seriously watched almost the entire thing before I realized I'd seen it before. So, uh, not super-memorable.

Cadillac Records - It's about Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf and Chess Records and all that jazz. I mean, blues. Good cast, good tunes, good drama. Yeah, it's a good one.

Cars 3 - Well, this was pretty unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Patriots' Day - This one's about the Boston Marathon bombings. I didn't think the bombings themselves would have enough drama to sustain a entire movie, but I wasn't aware of just how crazy the ensuing manhunt got. I'm sure a lot of it is heightened, but a very thrilling movie anyway.
    I was very positively surprised by this film.

Not a huge fan of Peter Berg's movies, usually. I've found them to be either mediocre action comedies (Hancock) or mediocre rah rah America political action thrillers (The Kingdom). So when he released a movie called Patriots Day, of all things, I was just expecting more of the latter.

Turns out this was far more restrained, almost like a police procedural. And, as you say, very thrilling.

Still Subjective
    The Man from Uncle.

Not bad.

This video inspired me today. They've updated Conway's Game of Life to be continuous, with more complex & interesting rules, and at a higher resolution and it looks something like this. There's a Reddit thread on it here.

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121126131136141146151156161166167168169170171