TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123128133138143148153158163168169170171172173
Results 4,301 to 4,315 of 4315

Thread: What have you watched lately?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Subscribed to a month of HBO Nordic but just ended up rewatching Flight of the Conchords, which I have on DVD anyway.

Still great.

Saw them live recently. Very great.

Just watched Avengers - Infinity War.

Woah. That is a ballsy move with the ending. Did not see that coming. That's Empire Strikes Back level stuff right there.

10/10

Now the credits scene in Ant-Man and the Wasp makes sense. And now I have to wait till next year for the next Marvel movie. Oh man .

On Infinity War:
    spoiler:
    There's no way the snap will stick - but that didn't make it less effective for me in the moment. The snap will be reversed, I'm sure, but I expect there will be a price for that. Depending on what that price will be, it may still retroactively cheapen the IW ending, but I trust the MCU based on their track record to date.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    That is a ballsy move with the ending.
    Bah. They'll just roll it back with the time stone.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Now the credits scene in Ant-Man and the Wasp makes sense.
    Ha! That must've been quite a head scratcher.

And speaking of surrealistic, clay animation series...

Rex The Runt, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Ha! That must've been quite a head scratcher.
    At the time yeah lol. Was the only bit in the movie where I was like "Huh? what the hell?".

And yep my bet is that they'll reverse it via the time stone in the next one. Though my bet is that 1 of them will have to be sacrificed to make it happen. Great movie either way. Each and every character gets their time to shine.

Just watched "War For the Planet of the Apes".

Watching a series where you know your species is eventually doomed to extinction / to end up as speechless cattle (just as in the original Planet of the Apes series of films) is not one you watch with great joy. Honestly I was rooting for the humans all the way. Go human race *raises fist*. But you know where it's going to lead in the end with these films, so it's only a matter of how. These films are called "Planet of the Apes" after all.

Yes by the end their not 100% all gone, but their pretty much gone. Why Woody's character didn't just shoot the lot of them on the spot. I mean, I know he wanted the wall built, but common. Human race's entire existence on the line, seriously. And he knew they were the only colony of apes left. Then for him (Woody) to go out like that. Damn. If this film was supposed to be in line with the original films then I'd talk about major plot holes, but it's not so their all moot. So meh. We're all fucked. Yay?

Great acting across the board and some damn CGI work. If they did another film after this, I'd want some time travel in there. That would be a nice homage to the 60s film. Then go and shoot Franco's character prior to the events of the first film and then we're all good. Yeah that's not happening . So instead the movie ends, and humanity is pretty much gone and their playing victory music. Yeah I'm not feeling it.

8/10

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Warcraft
    I've watched it now. I was actually quite a bit impressed with how not awful it was, I expected less. I think they may have confused Blackhand with Kargath, but nevertheless, fairly decent. Not great, but watchable. Garona Halforcen was way too pretty though, just a pretty girl painted green with big teeth prosthetics, much like old Star Trek. Fun though to see their version of Khadgar and Lothar. I don't know all the old lore well enough to say what else they got right or wrong, but I was entertained. 3.8/5, probably. Not good enough for a 4.

Certainly not Uwe Boll bad. That'd be 1.5/5.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Godless - decent enough western mini-series by Scott Frank (writer of Logan, Minority Report and Get Shorty). Good performances, and a pretty spectacular finale, tho at 7 episodes the whole thing drags on for too long. They could've packed this into 4-5 episodes and had a tighter, better show.

Captain Fantastic - Viggo Mortensen plays a father raising his kids out in the wilds. When the kids' mother dies they set out to give her a proper burial. It's a real indie-dramedy "snobs vs slobs" thing. Eh, it's ok.

The Sopranos - Can ya believe I've never watched this? Just 3 episodes in, but this is good stuff!

Like Father - Another indie dramedy thing about Rachel (Kristen Bell) who gets dumped at the altar, then gets blackout drunk and takes her estranged father (Kelsey Grammer) on her honeymoon instead. More of a drama than a comedy. Kinda lightweight and enjoyable. Eh, it's ok.

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh yeah, remember Batman Ninja? Well. I saw Batman Ninja.

All I can say is - it is indeed Batman, with ninjas. In Japan. Along with some of the most absurd things I've seen in a Batman-related thing since Batman Returns... actually, by virtue of this being an anime film collaboration, it's pretty much a no-holds-barred festival of ridiculousness.

Which is to say, this thing is bananas. Bonkers. Batshit. It's completely throwaway but ultimately one of the better wastes of time I've come across. 7/10 if only because the new Joker VO just can't compare to Luke Skywalker's ecstasy-laced groove.

Watch it with a bottle of tequila and take a shot every time you can't process what's happening in front of you, like that moment in time where you notice they gave Alfred a little samurai knot at the back of his head.

Still Subjective
    The Predator

2/5

Good start, bad thereafter.

Some places are saying it's horrible and others are saying it's a good popcorn flick as long as you don't take it too seriously. What's your take?

Still Subjective
    It starts well, much like the RoboCop remake. But at some point it just becomes nonsense.

It's not a great popcorn flick because the special effects and action are pretty meh.

The effects early on are very good. Later on they become quite ropey, which is a surprise given the start. And with the less good effects the action becomes a whole lot more boring. It's like they ran out of ideas. And the very end is either genius or the worst thing ever.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    RoboCop remake
    On one hand, I wanted to like that, because it's a Swedish actor playing the lead, and Rorshach is the villain. On the other, it completely lost all the sarcasm of the original, and just ended up being a pointless action movie. No cleverness, no point, just... things being shot at and exploding. I miss Verhoeven.

Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123128133138143148153158163168169170171172173