TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 434853586368737883888990919293
Results 2,301 to 2,308 of 2308

Thread: What have you watched lately?

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Yup! It stumbles a bit at the start before it finds it's voice, but bear with it. I'd say the first Halloween episode (episode 6, iirc) is the one where it all comes together.
    Shall do. I'm pretty patient with stuff (other than Lost, which I drop-kicked into the sun after 2.5 episodes).

Knows his stuff
    Cool beans.

I found a working American DNS code last night so now I've got American Netflix. There's so much cool stuff on there I wanna watch I don't even know where to start.

verbose douchebag
    I just use the Hola plug in, but yeah, US Netflix is best Netflix.

Last time I had Netflix I randomly started watching a show called Eureaka, which was a kind of quirky comedy about a secret science lab's mishaps and the local sheriff that has to get them out of trouble. It's a geeky show, so if you like Dr Who it fits the profile. I was happy with it, for a random find.

verbose douchebag
    A friend keeps telling me to watch The Big Bang Theory "because I'm a scientist and will love it". I don't have the heart to tell them I already tried watching it after a similar recommendation and couldn't stand it. Does anyone else find it awful? I know I may be in the minority, as it is very popular, but to me it just seems to be a continual stream of lazy stereotypes punctuated by a laughter track?

On Monday I was forced to watch Frozen. I thought it was pretty appalling but can see why children might like it. I used to be a Disney fan.

I've just finished season 2 of Rectify. I started watching some time ago but drifted off. I started again though and this time I thought it was gripping and very well done but I don't know whether I found the characters believable or not. Which is probably down to cultural differences and finding it stange that people bring God into everyday conversation and call each brother and sister all the time. I will watch season 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    A friend keeps telling me to watch The Big Bang Theory "because I'm a scientist and will love it". I don't have the heart to tell them I already tried watching it after a similar recommendation and couldn't stand it. Does anyone else find it awful? I know I may be in the minority, as it is very popular, but to me it just seems to be a continual stream of lazy stereotypes punctuated by a laughter track?
    No, that's spot on. It's fucking terrible and not funny in the slightest.

Chakat sex pillow
    You're not alone, no. BBT's your stock sitcom with stock situations, lazy jokes, and zero character writing, so the end result is people who're shallow cunts to each other because they're just vehicles to trade zingers every five seconds. I give it as wide a berth as possible, because I can't maintain the suspension of disbelief required to accept these characters as real people.

I'd rather just rewatch The Thick of It or even the latest season of Veep, where the characters know they're all plainly awful people, and so spend less of their time bickering and more of it with inept manoeuvering while the latest situation explodes around them. That's always going to be a) more authentic and b) funnier.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 23rd Oct 2014 at 13:12.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 434853586368737883888990919293