TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: City Conflict (part1)

New T2 FM: City Conflict (part1)

Hello taffers
    It's been a very, very long time since I sat down and "dromed" a fm for Thief. Might it be because of the Thief AI not being so difficult (you can run behind them without alerting them etc...) or the fact that I'm currently mapping alot with TDM.
    BUT out of nowhere I (luckily) found the "Ultimate Difficult Gamesys" (orwhatever it is called), installed it and once again Thief kept me playing and dromeding for hours.
    So, I decided to sit down and build some fms, and one of them is "City Conflict part1", which isn't one of those "hug badass city with 76 mansions and a surrounding village and a mysterious cave" fms, itīs just a little/small sized fm (after all I didn't used DromEd for ~1 1/2 years, I know I know shame on me )

Backround Story:
    After Karras's death, the hammers and the mechanists were still fighting about influence and which organization/cult is better and more powerful etc...
    After all those month of chaos and conflicts, the mechanists decided to construct a huge wall, which seperates the town into the hammer- and the mechanist part. (itīs like a Cold War Setting, only with Hammer and Mech...and Garrett somewhere inbetween )

The first part of the whole story takes place in an mechanist embassy, in which a hammerite is inprisoned (secretly). Garrett has to free him and bring him out alive, in order to get paid from the Hammers (and not thrown into prison...oh boy )

Download
    http://www.filefront.com/14266487/Ci...nflict%201.zip

Screenies

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Silencium Downloading.

Thank you. Fine little mission.

spoiler:

The hammerite spys "disguise" is really bad. Did they really need to torture him to find out that he is an hammerite ? ;-)

Clearinghouse
    Nice. It a bit hard. I love the Ultimate Difficulty Mod.

I love the Ultimate Difficulty Mod.
    Me too

@Chiron
    Actually I wanted the mechanists to kidnap a hammerite ambassador, but then changed it (should have also changed the model but oh well )

Nice little mission - thanx Hope you'll continue the story.

I liked this mission. Small and entertaining fun and the hyperactive guards were also something new and a little challenging, which is perfect for this mission. The architecture is good enough too. Maybe It's the beams, that can easily buy my soul. And I could actually fully follow the story on this one, so I hope you expand this project.

Keeper of FMs
    Thanks for the FM, Silencium! It's good to see you back in Dromed.
    Mirror here.

OK. now I'm ashamed again:
    What's about the tiny spot in the wall? I read it, I searched and I don't know where to look for it any further.

Gloria Creep
    still
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I get errors with the zip file, anyone else has this problem?

sounds cool,

looks cooler!

i'll give a run for sure, eventually! lol

as for Garrett bein "in the middle", well hell, that's where he loves it!
    it's where the most excitement is and where the most loot can be found and redistributed - to his pockets!

Congratulation on your first FM, Silencium18.

Haplo - are you trying to d/l from Filefront using a d/l manager? When I tried that with Orbit I got a 37Kb file which WinZip said wasn't valid (well, duh...).
    Disable your d/l manager & use the standard Windows thing, or try pav's mirror.

Hope that's the solution

Gloria - really don't remember any "tiny spot in the wall" - any further info?

Aspirin - this is his 5th! (Bruder Snuck, The Horn, The Mask, Heist At Night)
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 13th Aug 2009 at 03:40.

I thought it was his first FM because he was a new member of forum.
    Sorry !!!

Nice small FM.

@Gloria Creep
    The tiny spot on the wall thing: It's not a hole in a wall of the embassy, it's a hole in THE wall which the mechanists constructed to seperate the city (you'll see the tiny spot and a part of the wall in the next chapter)

Aspirin - that's cool Silencium18's work was introduced to us by super-net-sleuth clearing (again ) in the form of a couple of demos (Bruder Snuck & Carneval) & then an FM The Horn - all from our German cousin site. AFAIK Silencium18 then joined here when releasing The Mask.

I also was hoping to find the tiny spot in the wall. It would make a good expansion to this small and fun mission.

Good short work - looks like a preamble to a much bigger story - can't wait!

I would suggest that if there are going to be further, more complex levels in this series, it might be nice to have an optional difficulty level without the hyper sensitive guards. I didn't mind it on this short level - but a lengthier one would have really tried my patience. Just sayin' . . .

I would suggest that if there are going to be further, more complex levels in this series, it might be nice to have an optional difficulty level without the hyper sensitive guards.
    You can also remove the gamesys (which comes along with the FM) with the original Thief II gamesys (then you'll have the original guard behavior)

Archivist
    Small but challenging mission. I kept eavesdropping every door, and used the scouting orb around every corner . Those mechanist can now hear knockout sounds!

The story was pretty good, interested to see it continue.
    Design was ok. Interior could be made a bit more variating though, more embassy like.
    Finished in 28 min with 1695 loot.

So better then "Heist at Night". Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Finished in 28 min with 1695 loot.
    9.5 minutes, all 1795 loot . . .

I kept eavesdropping every door, and used the scouting orb around every corner
    Exactly! I always thought that the scouting orb and the ability to listen at doors were pretty useless and/or there were really rare occasions where those methods would be necessary.
    But now the AI is more difficult and therefore you`ll have to plan every move you'll make, kinda slows down the whole process but neverless itīs fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Haplo - are you trying to d/l from Filefront using a d/l manager? When I tried that with Orbit I got a 37Kb file which WinZip said wasn't valid (well, duh...).
    Disable your d/l manager & use the standard Windows thing, or try pav's mirror.

Hope that's the solution
    Nope, there is definitely something wrong with the timestamps of some of the files in the mission. The zip file extracts and plays fine, but if you test it through Winzip you'll get a lot of warnings. For example look at page001.pcx inside the zip file, its timestamp is year 2035.

And a number of files are dated 1980, which seems......unlikely

Doesn't seem to do so here, but can wrong timestamps mess up the use of those files; &, thus, the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    And a number of files are dated 1980, which seems......unlikely

Doesn't seem to do so here, but can wrong timestamps mess up the use of those files; &, thus, the mission?
    No, archive managers replace the bad timestamp with the system's current time & date upon extraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast