TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: City Conflict (part2)

T2 FM: City Conflict (part2)

Hello taffers
    There it is, the second part of my "City Conflict" series.
    This time, Garrett has to travel deep into the mechanists' side of town in order to get some information about some spies infiltrating the hammers' side of town.

Sreens

Download
    http://www.filefront.com/14341645/Ci...nflict%202.zip

Already? You're giving us much candy, Silencium!

Already?
    Yup, some parts of the city area are based on an unfinished map, so all I had to do was to extend the map a bit (building the church, placing guards etc...). I mean, why not use what's already there, right? ^^

I had to give up playing the first one as it was near impossible to blackjack anyone. I would crouch and sneak, and as soon as I stood up to wack them, they turned and were on alert. I hope that can be fixed. I also am downloading this now and hope it is just as good with the blackjacking fixed.

Flash bomb bug?

This was a great but small mission!! But there was a bug with the flash bomb when I used it on the very alert mechs. I was able to pick it back up and use it again??
    P.S. The mechs are still very alert I tried to BJ them while hiding in the dark but they would somehow see me!! So I used the never ending flash bomb!

Italian version (thx to Krenim)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/26998847...2ENIT.zip.html

@ Mechanist problems:
    There are two different ways to solve this:
    - Try not to run behind them, just use the normal walk speed and/or sneak very slow up on them (when they're standing and not walking). You can also look for shadows near the AI's patroul route and try to hide in them. When the AI comes close to the shadow...BAM!
    - You can also just copy and paste your original THIEF II gamesys into the zip folder, it will automatical overwrite the difficult-gamesys (an then all AIs behave like in the normal THIEF II)

Nice mission, Silencium18 Definitely better, more interesting layout & more places to go than in the 1st part.
    Only had a bit of trouble with 1 guard - near where you enter the water - who could see in the dark; backed off further & waited for her to calm down (& just had to hit her twice!)
    One thing; the 1 secret I found didn't register - was there more than 1?

Thanx

One thing; the 1 secret I found didn't register - was there more than 1?
    What exactly do you mean? I didn`t put any secrets into the level
    Do you mean the hidden switch in the small catacomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencium18 View Post
    Do you mean the hidden switch in the small catacomb?
    Yep. It certainly seemed like a secret. And I thought I heard the 'found secret' sound, but I could be mistaken there.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    This was a great but small mission!! But there was a bug with the flash bomb when I used it on the very alert mechs. I was able to pick it back up and use it again??
    P.S. The mechs are still very alert I tried to BJ them while hiding in the dark but they would somehow see me!! So I used the never ending flash bomb!
    It sounds like the flashbombs have the infamous Death Stage 12 bug. It's a setting that randomly appears on objects sometimes, and causes them not to be destroyed when they should.

It seems

- All the floors are very loud
    - AI can see in the dark

It kinda ruins the gameplay...

Well I got through this one using the reuseable flash bomb and sword. I still think the ai alertiness needs to be turned down, but atleast this one was playable for me. I am looking forward to part 3.

Clearinghouse
    Good work! Can't wait City Conflict (part3)

Quick question to everybody: should I include the UDM (like I did with the previous two fms), or should I just let the AI "behave" like in the normal Thief II

well the AI have had their weetabix in this one however most of them are asleep now

"Weetabix"?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    well the AI have had their weetabix in this one however most of them are asleep now
    Is that like what we here in the US call "Wheaties"?
    (breakfast cereal, had a commercial all about "eating your Wheaties" in order to function at peak level!)

Ultimate Difficulty Gamesys = save every 2 minutes! OY!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 17th Dec 2009 at 18:37.

Really?

Maybe this will help.

Yup,

Like I said.

And even though it aparently also has some US distribution, still, "Wheaties" by General Mills is much better known and sold on both US coasts.

Cute,

and what the hell was that for?

(and who really cares what those two wussies think anyways, J. Tiberius would murdalize em both and not even break a sweat!)

and Yandros, you really are proving to be a very snide person.
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 18th Dec 2009 at 17:39.

I wanna squeeze things!

As in give a hug,

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    I wanna squeeze things!
    OR as in "Hulk Smash" (or crush in this case).

You hardly ever make any sense in your posts and I'm too lazy to try and always figure it out, so here's a .

Huh?

I don't see how I am not making sense. I always am posting something in reply to something posted prior, like in this case it was a product name. Or asking a question about one FM or another.
    And most people seem to understand me. I don't know why you can't, it's not like I am posting in Sanskrit or something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast