TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Memento Mori 2- Vagabond (Released! 09-08-2009)

Excellent work, Random_Taffer
    Great architecture and love for detail together with the soundscore sum up to near total immersion. The optional objectives by interacting with AIs make this mission extremely enoyable. Especially the hilarious T1-quote hermit in his cave made my mouth watering for the sequel(s). When can we expect them??

Having finished in all difficulties (with 2 loot still missing), I still keep looking for the 1 evasive coin. Suggestions anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyoldman View Post
    Excellent work, Random_Taffer
    Great architecture and love for detail together with the soundscore sum up to near total immersion. The optional objectives by interacting with AIs make this mission extremely enoyable. Especially the hilarious T1-quote hermit in his cave made my mouth watering for the sequel(s). When can we expect them??

Having finished in all difficulties (with 2 loot still missing), I still keep looking for the 1 evasive coin. Suggestions anyone?
    Thanks muchly for your compliments!

The work on the next mission is still very early, but the release won't be near as long as the time between Nostalgia and Vagabond.
    I promise you that.
    The coins:
    There are two coins on the table of one of the guests at the Rusted Hook's room.

Found the coins, Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    The work on the next mission is still very early, but the release won't be near as long as the time between Nostalgia and Vagabond.
    I promise you that.
    Happy to read that, and now...don't let me detain you from finishing part 3

Just finished a while ago. Good fun with some nice twists. I missed
    spoiler:
    the secret though...have to go back in a poke around some more!

I'm curious. I used the sword to bash in the mom and girls door, is there a more graceful way to get in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    I'm curious. I used the sword to bash in the mom and girls door, is there a more graceful way to get in there?
    Yeah, give the girl the doll. She'll take you there herself.

Yeah, give the girl the doll. She'll take you there herself.
    I did that and she never moved. Hmm... No prob, I'm sure it'll work the next time I play through!

I did that and she never moved. Hmm... No prob, I'm sure it'll work the next time I play through!
    Interesting...the only way I can think of that that would happen is if she were startled at some point... Did the doll appear in her hand after you gave it to her?

this was a brilliant little fm, lots of detail and sub missions (much like oblivion) I would have liked to see the inside of the grey masks hq though..

Hey, great mission so far! I'm not really stuck but I would like some clarification on something just to make sure I haven't run into a bug (I'm all nervous after the game-breaker I experienced in "Nostalgia").
    So I just did the whole side-quest where I helped the little girl find the doll and then got the key to the apartment haunted by the evil fireplace leprechaun. I brought the family savings back, and after putting it on the table a key appears next to it that I can't pick up...it is suppose to be unfrobbable right? Wait...something just struck me...*loads the FM back up* OH, riiiiight, the apartment key also left my inventory. Guess that explains it huh? Well, really fun FM so far. I guess I'll just leave my stupid question in this post instead of editing it out just in case anyone else suffers a similar brain-fart.

Very nice, job Random_Taffer. Took me 2.5 hours, and I found a good bit of the loot.

I've got one very MINOR issue to report. No doubt you may have seen this in testing.

spoiler:

The first time I stepped into the Night Masks' hideout, the speech from the guy behind the window and my own reply to it overlapped in portions; that is, you could hear us both speaking simultaneously. Nevertheless, after the thief finished speaking, I still got all the correct items and objectives ticked off.

Again, not a major issue but I thought I'd bring it up.

Another (good) thing. I did a few things "out of order" so to say, but the game logic didn't break. Great job!

Example:
    spoiler:

After I found the night masks' hideout and accepted their invitation (like I had a choice!!! ), I only noticed that I had received the sewer key, NOT the accompanying note!

So instead of reading the note and getting the corresponding objectives, I just went straight to the sewers. I ended up getting all the loot and BJing the thieves (who I later found out were Red Scorps.). I then found the hermit who gave me the entry for the gambling/social club. Now I had THOUGHT that this was the plot-advancer but of course, it just ended up being a place to find more loot. However, it did give me a reason to browse my inventory and notice the other note I had overlooked. So I read that and everything else became clear.

Anyway, my point is that I was able to back-track, get the things I needed, and then come back to the sewers and finish things there. None of the logic "broke" because I had already been to the hideout and interacted with the thieves without having objectives for such.

So kudos to your beta testers and your scripting!

Thanks, everyone for your compliments. It pleases me greatly to see you all enjoying the mission.

Interesting...the only way I can think of that that would happen is if she were startled at some point... Did the doll appear in her hand after you gave it to her?
    Yeah, the doll went into her hands, she also said her lines twice which I though was odd. It wasn't a mission breaker, I still made entry via the sword.

Oh, nice mission btw! I was sitting around last night with nothing to do so it was perfect timing!

Playing on expert and I have finished everything but the loot obj. I am missing a big chunk of ca 140 loot and thinking that maybe it is in the thieves hideout but not sure. Any help and ideas anybody???

Maybe its a coin scavenge ?, but I sure hope not

Have you found the secret yet? You don't need it to reach the loot goals but it helps.

Yeah, the doll went into her hands, she also said her lines twice which I though was odd. It wasn't a mission breaker, I still made entry via the sword.

Oh, nice mission btw! I was sitting around last night with nothing to do so it was perfect timing!
    Sometimes she'll say her lines twice if you're running around her while she's talking. Basically, stand still when you're interacting with her and she should do everything properly.

made it into the Billowing Sails, but that didn't count as the secret. can someone hint me to it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    made it into the Billowing Sails, but that didn't count as the secret. can someone hint me to it?
    Hint: It's near the ocean.
    Hint 2: Its former guardian has a slit throat.

Giveaway: It's in the murdered merchant's shop.

Bonking the herb lady and dropping her crashes my game , not before I kept hitting her with my BJ

Strange, it never did during testing, at least not for me.

She's very hard of hearing, so there's really no reason to even pay attention to her. She won't even wake up unless you tap dance next to her head.
    She's a reskinned fire mage and I must have forgot to include the corpse image file. Gosh, you guys are finding bugs that I didn't even think about.

Sounds like a patch is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Have you found the secret yet? You don't need it to reach the loot goals but it helps.
    No had not found that but have now. Thank you for the help

Just started the mission and I am stuck at the beginning. I gave the mask to the person at the top floor at seagull's nest and after that I searched every part of town. What I have missed?

Kin - Have you got the poison dagger from the herbalist woman? After that, open some rooms in The Rusted Hook

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Just started the mission and I am stuck at the beginning. I gave the mask to the person at the top floor at seagull's nest and after that I searched every part of town. What I have missed?
    Did the Night Mask Associate give you anything after you gave him the mask? He should give you a note with instructions and a lock pick.