TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Memento Mori 2- Vagabond (Released! 09-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Did the Night Mask Associate give you anything after you gave him the mask? He should give you a note with instructions and a lock pick.
    He didn't gave me anything. Just used the mask on him and the objective ticked off that's all.
    Last edited by Kin; 10th Sep 2009 at 00:54.

Double check your inventory to be safe. There should be a scroll entitled "A Proposition" and a square tooth lock pick.

If there isn't, then you may need to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Double check your inventory to be safe. There should be a scroll entitled "A Proposition" and a square tooth lock pick.

If there isn't, then you may need to reload.
    There is nothing of those two in it so I guess I have to restart the mission. I had only one quick save after the event.

Congratulation Random_Taffer. Great FM with really a nice plot.

Loot 2423 from 2425. Where is the last 2 ?

The 1st time I played this - last night - I killed a guard with the dagger (he just bumped into me & instinct took over). BAD IDEA; before long everyone was chasing me, I was frantically trying to kill everyone (definitely not my style), couldn't get into "The Billowing Sail" or get my loot obj. Ah well

Re-played today (keeping the dagger sheathed) & had a wonderful time. Explorable, with great atmosphere, immersion, architecture, new & realistic conv's, soundevolving & Bonus objectives, & use of AI motions. Also found it very refreshing to be able to just get around the place without being constantly confronted or chased - provided you behaved yourself And, considering the main character, this made perfect sense.

Main thing I liked (apart from that guy singing for his supper - that was a hoot ) was the story & sub-plots; very believable & interesting. I too am looking forward to more adventures with The Black Masks.

Sounds like a patch is in order
    Since you're going to do that, I found a couple of tiny things:- (i) sound drop-out when picking Rynolf's door & (ii) SHAS when too close to the n-w column of the big chamber in the Red Serpent's lair. But didn't have any problem with those clever 'AI interactions'.

You obviously worked very hard on this, & it shows. Thanx so very much
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 10th Sep 2009 at 03:22. Reason: spelling.....aarrrggghhhhh!

I was frantically trying to kill everyone

I did say something along the lines of "psycotic Taffers" during testing didn't I Random_Taffer??
    This isn't a dig at you Sticky Fingers...
    (definitely not my style)
    but was an obsevation I had during testing that someone might actualy go on a killing spree and kill the billowing sails guard and then not get in.
    you get access to the billowing sails when you get the "ticket" from the singing hermit in the sewers in exchange for the fish thats found in the pub kitchen.
    I'm glad you did it...now I don't feel so silly 5 pages later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Loot 2423 from 2425. Where is the last 2 ?
    See this post.

Wow, I haven't posted in ages! Have begun playing and it's beautiful, love the little missions on the side. Brilliant work Taffer.

D

ffox: thanks.

I made the Rusted Hooks door fly away... haha...

Clearinghouse
    Finished. Thanks again R_T I enjoyed the design, ambient music and interesting gameplay.
    Looking foward for The Fall of Talim

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Oh man, right where I have to drop the assassins body, outside the window. Right across the way, by the lamp post, there is a patrolling guard STUCK on the lamp post. There is NO WAY AROUND HIM. I tried throwing something to get him to move, reload the game several times, killing him sends everyone into over drive. Its funny in a way, I have to start over again.
    I had the same problem, but was able to get him moving again with some nudging from behind. Make sure you leave the body in the room before unsticking him, or he'll alert immediately upon geting unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Finished. Thanks again R_T I enjoyed the design, ambient music and interesting gameplay.
    Looking foward for The Fall of Talim
    I could ask Drysil to dig that up. That was MM 1.5 and was more of a mini game than a mission. (A fun one though)

I'm afraid it got a bit out of hand, which is why we abandoned it. If we refined it a bit it would make it better/playable.

Basically, you're a guard on the wall watching over a gate that's closing VERY slowly (Takes about 30 minutes to close). An endless horde of zombies is coming to try and escape the city and ravish the countryside, but you're trying to close the gate to wall them in.
    The horde starts out small and you're given all sorts of weapons to fend them off. As it gets nearer to the closing of the gate the zombie horde grows larger and larger and it takes more and more effort to kill them all. (If even one gets through the gate, you lose the mission)
    During about the last minute or so, supplies and allies get so scarce that the player basically has no choice but to jump down with his/her sword and try and block the gate while it finishes closing. The player is resigned to their fate of dying to make sure that the city is sealed off.
    It's usually always close, but you can manage it if you're good with a blade.
    Last edited by Random_Taffer; 10th Sep 2009 at 13:50.

Awesome mission

I did dispose of the guard in front of the billowing sails beforehand so I have not been able to get into the billowing sails even with the "ticket"

Does the "ticket" unlock the door? How is it used?
    Last edited by buzzm24; 10th Sep 2009 at 16:20. Reason: clarify

You have to give the ticket to the guard outside the Billowing Sails.

Havent tried replicating this bug, but the first time I talked to the little girl, I saw the doll through the fence and somehow thought I could jump over the fence which was 10 feet tall. What happened was I mantled through the fence and into the garden . It was a 1 way trip however

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    It was a 1 way trip however
    LMAO! Well done, sir!

Awesome mission. My only complaint is that it ended! Thanks Random_Taffer.

where is the crate i'm supposed to dump the body into ?
    i found what seems to be the warehouse but no open crate
    Last edited by sexypat; 10th Sep 2009 at 21:51.
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    where is the crate i'm supposed to dump the body into ?
    i found what seems to be the warehouse but no open crate
    It's south of the Billowing Sails. There's a readable plaque on the wall that says "Smitty's Warehouse" with an open crate next to it. (You can't actually go into the Warehouse)

wow how do i get pass that guard outside the Billowing Sails

Hint: Some vines are climbable.

Hint: You get past that guard without the assassin with you.
    Giveaway: Climb the wall (the right side is climbable) near where the person is sleeping in a chair. Once climbed, throw the assassin's body over the wall, or jump over if you wish.
    Related giveaway: Similarly, avoid carrying the assassin's body through the bar room by simply throwing the assassin's body out the window where you killed him.

(BTW, I don't think this particular puzzle solution has been done before in a mission. Great idea, Random_Taffer! )

- prjames

GREAT Mission!

I am not a ghoster or a slasher ( I don't like to kill guards etc, but a KO to keep'em quiet is my style ).

Unfortunately the mission logic does "break" and _correctly_ so if you disable the "wrong" person(s). I'd recommend an "update" in the readme or objectives to prevent such. If in either I'd word the "warning" broadly to keep "Garrett" guessing.

Details:

spoil warning!

The billiowing Sales door guard will not accept the invitation letter obtained in trade from the recluse in the sewers if he's been KO'd or killed. I avoided slashing him as is my style, but got BWD, Blackjack Withdrawl Disorder (its a _real_ psychological disorder ) after finding the blackjack and went on a spree.
    Trying to prevent a mission restart, I then slashed him to see if that somehow would make a difference, nope. He is frobbable as are most unconscious / corpes and the scroll can be offered, but the result is picking up of the body, nothing else.

Thanks again for the mission, updated or not.

Just finished! VERY nice mission! The atmosphere was fantastic! Thank you very much

Thanks to you all for your lovely comments!

Added loot list by ffox to the first page there.

Thanks, Freddy!
    Last edited by Random_Taffer; 12th Sep 2009 at 20:34.