TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Updated: T2 FM Requiem For A Thief (v1.1) 09/10/2009

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Updated: T2 FM Requiem For A Thief (v1.1) 09/10/2009

Finally, I've fixed the corrupted file issue that plagued this mission for 3 years.
    Thanks to baeuchlein for giving me the fixed sound file since I had lost the original!

Requiem for a Thief, v1.1
    The Circle
    Thiefmissions
    Darklurker

Fixes:
    • Replaced original sound file for Hammerite eulogy
    • Added Wille's beautiful city background made from the Prague skyline
    • Made the background music also play in the menus

I'll add more hosts to this post as they become available.

For those who don't know, I originally released this in April 2005 for the Beauty Contest.
    Last edited by Yandros; 11th Sep 2009 at 08:08. Reason: More links
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Awesome, it would have been cool to drop in on the funerals though, like Tom Sawyer.

Sweet! That was a fantastic bit of work you did, Yandros.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Yandros

Aww.... *Sniff*
    He was so young! *Tears*

Russ...regarding the distant art. I just DL'd the new version and this is what I got.

Oh yeah...don't ask me how but I managed to jump through a window! Could not repeat the feat.

Oh geez, I probably forgot to put the files in the ZIP... I'll have to reupload again tonight. Nobody grab it until the new new version is available.

THIS IS THE KIND OF WEEK I'M HAVING.

It's not supposed to look like that? lol

No, it's supposed to look like this:

Sly, only you would have gotten outside.

The update to the update is now available to hosts, I'll update the links above when they're ready.

I'm only getting a black screen and no sound when trying to play this?
    But I can get back to the menu pressing the esc buttom.
    Just tried to play both some fan missions and the OM without any problem?
    Anyone got a clue?

It requires Gaylesaver's scripts, although I forgot to mention that in the original readme or to include it when I updated it yesterday.

You can get them here. Might as well get the new update while you're at it.

Both The Circle and Darklurker links in the original post go to the new update. Thiefmissions should get it sometime today.

Thiefmissions.com

thiefmissions had it exactly two minutes after you emailed me the last update. I did send you a reply at that time. Or is there a third update which I have yet to receive? The file size of the one I have is 6642763 and has miss19.mis dated late September 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    The file size of the one I have is 6642763 and has miss19.mis dated late September 10th.
    The first update, with the new Prague pictures not working, had a miss19.mis from 2005, so yours must be the newer one.

Correct, there were only two updates and the miss19.mis file was dated 2005 in the first, and 9/10/09 in the second.

I wonder if Nathan had any idea what he'd started with that post

"All's well that ends well" - new version looks & sounds great. Thanx, Yandros & baeuchlein

Ha, Sticky, I had no idea it would lead to all that. As you say though, "All's well that ends well". I guess it could seem like a pretty trivial thing to point out that the audio was corrupted in the first place but if I made an FM I would want to know if there were any problems with it. Luckily we have awesome FM authors like Yandros who are always on top of things.

On a side note I found that the link for dromedtoolkit1.0 at TTLG in that thread is broken and so is the one from SouthQuarter (although SouthQuarter seems to be missing all downloads). Also if you are trying to run Thief in windowed mode and want to get rid of the cutscenes (b/c they cause a problem) then you can add the command no_movies to your cam.cfg to bypass them and not have to mess with lgvid.ax. Then again, these things could be pretty trivial and not warrant bringing up old threads.

Yandros,

Thanx for helping!

Very very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    SouthQuarter seems to be missing all downloads
    As far as I can guess from this notice at Southquarter, they have decided to make only a few selected files available for download after thiefmissions.com has become active again. Southquarter seems to concentrate on reviews now, I think.

the mission wont run anymore with modern upgrades. Is there a way to?

I had that problem for a long time as well, but played again fine after i re-installed. Can't say what the problem is though, but there is nothing to do in the mission apart from looking around at the architecture so it probably is not worth the hassle of a re-installation just for that

I'll check it tonight and see if it works for me. The initial release was missing a needed script, have you checked that you have the latest version? (If you downloaded it recently it should be.)

Edit
    Using version 1.1 of the mission, installing through Darkloader with NewDark 1.22 and the EP2, it works fine for me. Well, it loads and works, but there are a few minor things like the city distant art doesn't show and some banners disappear into the wall, but the Hammer eulogy worked fine.
    Last edited by Yandros; 8th Jun 2015 at 17:26.