TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 Vertical Contest FM: "Lady Mossy" (16th Sep. 2009)

Is this a joke mission like Sugg's 'Bestest FM' series ????

I have doors that open into walls because the maker did not make them unfrobbable, and heinous fog gaps all over the shop - this is just the first 45 seconds - so I thought I would check to see if it was a joke mission that was deliberately designed this way ?

I'm stuck.

I have the Bathroom key, Window Key, Guard Key, Library Key, Canals, Cockloft.
    I have been in the room with the tree & pedestal.
    I have been in the canal and got the loot there.

What shall I do now?

I'm stuck at the same spot as Chiron. Where's that gem everyone is talking about?

Oh, and when I get into the pedestal room I can't get out again, I get stuck.

Verack & Chiron:

If you have been through the house and obtained all the keys, then the next place to do go is the canals. On the FIRST floor of the house in the kitchen, there is a hatch. The "Canals" key opens that hatch. This leads to the water system you may have noticed when you were exploring outside.

Anyway, explore the water and eventually you'll come to another hatch that is pickable. Lockpick it and you'll be right in the middle of a big treasure room. Pick up all the loot and you'll also notice a Gem amongst the goodies. You should get a new objective also once you pick up the Gem.

Now, swim back to the house and go up to the top floor. Use the "Key From Library" to open a door at the end of the hall. This is an overgrown room adorned with pagan ritual environs. You'll see a pedestal in the middle of cut out tree. Use the Gem on the pedestal and you'll hear a "bling" sound. Next, and this is what confused many people including me, all you have to do is just "frob" the pedestal again and you'll be teleported to a new area and the mission will continue.

It's not too hard going from there.

Thanks elkston, that worked. Although my loot objective won't tick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    Thanks elkston, that worked. Although my loot objective won't tick off.
    Mine didn't either. I thought it was a bug, but when you actually go to the exit to finish the mission, the loot objective is ticked off.

It should probably be fixed, though, because it is misleading.

What does it mean: "Making a ruckus"???

I ended the mission after playing for a bit. It's not that I don't like it, but I think it should have been better tested before releasing.

I just was looking for a bit of intermezzo playing with a new FM, between testing times. I guess I'm too tired to solve all of this then.

Perhaps I'll catch up tomorrow.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@elkston
    Thank you.

Finished. I agree with Gloria Creep, this mission has some small bugs which make playing anoying.
    I like the idea of the mission and its interpretation of "vertical".

My guess is that the author had to rush it to make the deadline.

In my opinion, this mission was a bit quirky and the vertical aspect seemed only peripheral when considering how the rest of the mission played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    What does it mean: "Making a ruckus"???
    lol Sorry Gloria. By "making a ruckus" I meant trying to get the guards and people inside with keys to come outside by throwing crates around and hitting the doors, and setting my mines off. It worked, but I ended up killing someone.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    You have a rope arrow there, and through the hole above. But careful, I was stucked in that hole a few times.
    Ah, thanks. I thought that Garret came from that hole!

Of course, I'm stuck again......after the "change".

After being teleported I don't know what to do or where to go. I found an unlabelled "key" which strangely took the place of the "key from the library". The only two locked doors (sewer hatch and that metal one on the ground floor) do not open with that key.
    If I go to into the room with the bed and the plant stand, Garrett keeps saying something which I don't understand.

Any help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Of course, I'm stuck again......after the "change".

After being teleported I don't know what to do or where to go. I found an unlabelled "key" which strangely took the place of the "key from the library". The only two locked doors (sewer hatch and that metal one on the ground floor) do not open with that key.
    If I go to into the room with the bed and the plant stand, Garrett keeps saying something which I don't understand.

Any help please?
    Did you find the sceptre again?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyoldman View Post
    Did you find the sceptre again?
    Ahem....again?! I never found it.

You need to find it twice, I believe and you have to not be heard by the sleeping people. You were teleported into the past so they aren't supposed to know you are there. When you go into that room, I think Garrett only says that things have changed.

Sleeping people? I blackjacked them all! They seemed to not hear anything anyway.....

I heard Garrett saying "It will be hard to remain undetected" (or something like that), I was expecting hordes of enemies, but there was no one there but a couple of sleepers.

What was I supposed to do? Did I spoil the mission?

Anyway, I didn't see any sceptre.....

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Anyway, I didn't see any sceptre.....
    I'm stuck in the same way.

Clearinghouse
    Finised
    Lady Rowena, for sceptre: check this room (in the past).

..well this is a little beyond me,I am usually quite stoic and patient,but I have found this a little frustrating....with the lack of access to places.

I have knocked out the lone patrolling guard in the house... and several guards from the guard station.....and the guy who comes out of the magical house and runs off but I cant get anyone else to come out..I am making loads of noise but they are all snoring away...no more doors unlock or pick so I will shelve it for now...

I thought virtical contest would mean High up or low down and loads of climbing...so either I have missed the virtical aspect of this mission so far or...wait,unless using a rope arrow to open the windows counts as virtical

Finished thanks to your help about the pedestal, elkston

I must have missed the "verticality" in this - 3 floors & a sewer didn't seem particularly vertical to me...

Jonescrusher - the only way I found into the house (with the faery lights outside) was to bash on the door & wait for the servant to emerge & stop him closing the door.

i found that when trying to get the keys for the house with the faerie lights that putting a crate under the deployed rope arrow would allow me to climb, open the windows and do my thiefy stuff then grab the rope arrow dropping onto the crate so I took no damage

also the door key is slightly lower than the windows so you need to climb high enough to see it

interesting mission once I got the keys, bit lacking in verticality I thought though

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Finised
    Lady Rowena, for sceptre: check this room (in the past).
    I even reloaded a previous save and I just can't find anything in that room. BTW, which is the past? The version with the fire in the fireplace or the one with the pagan light?

I'm feeling more and more dumb.....

Lady Rowena - after 'using' the pedestal & going into the past, go to that room (right of the front door &, IIRC, there's a fire in the fireplace) - the sceptre should just be leaning against the wall. At least it is on Expert...

Well had another go at it and this time I went straight through ok....I had previosly exhausted a way into the fairy house,but this timeI just blew the bloody doors off,with a mine...Then I could carry on

After the initial confusion on how the hell i was supposed to get into the mansion (thank god for these forums), i found this mission to be somewhat enjoyable after things went swimmingly from thereon in.

Interesting, albeit quirksome fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Lady Rowena - after 'using' the pedestal & going into the past, go to that room (right of the front door &, IIRC, there's a fire in the fireplace) - the sceptre should just be leaning against the wall. At least it is on Expert...
    Damn, I must be blind! I saw the sceptre at last......
    In my defense I can say that I was too busy searching near the fireplace, and that the room was dark and foggy....

Many thanks clearing and Sticky Fingers.