TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 Vertical Contest FM: "When Angels Refuse to die" (16th Sep. 2009.)

T2 Vertical Contest FM: "When Angels Refuse to die" (16th Sep. 2009.)

http://downloads.ttlg.com/download.aspx?id=2479

I'm stuck. Now I'm a servant, doing duty. My boss tells me to bring an apple, then a canister, then the same again until the end, no matter how many times I've done it. I don't understand what to do now.

Look at the floor in the room with the other servant.

One of the other rooms has something which could sparkle "an idea"

Hint: When you are dropping off the item, have a look at the floor.

Bigger Hint: When you go to fetch the canister from the closet, check the shelves.

EVEN Bigger Hint: Flares can set things on fire.

TOTAL SPOILER: Light the flare you find in the closet and drop it onto the spilled gunpowder on the floor of the room with the desk.

Thank you, done it with "bigger hint"

GENIUS FM

T2 Vertical Contest Mission "When Angels Deserve To Die"

First of all, let me say that I'm really enjoying this FMs unusual puzzle oriented gameplay- it really kicks a whole lotta ass. Second, I'm of course hopelessly stuck.

*really big spoilers*
    I'm in the final room with mecha-Karras (awesome and hilarious), and I've found a way to open that door to the room that has a computer terminal in it with two gas containers in the base of it, one of which can be removed. Now I'm assuming I need to find another gas container of a color that would be harmful to robots when mixed with green but I can't find any, all of the ones I have access to are green and don't enter my inventory when picked up. I'm completely lost, I seem to have tried everything (I even attempted to use the gas containers to prop open the wooden door of the cabinet they were held in as a way of climbing into the vent...which didn't work but I thought was pretty damn inventive of me.

Anyway, does anyone know what to do next? I'm totally lost...

EDIT: It just struck me that the title of the mission is actually "When Angels REFUSE to die" and I just had that System of a Down song stuck in my head. Would someone mind editing that?

Another EDIT: I uh...just figured it out (isn't that always the way?). I feel really stupid as the solution was incredibly simple. For anyone else who is lost here: just do the exact same thing you did to open the first gas container box a second time.
    Last edited by The Mike; 16th Sep 2009 at 17:04.

I suggest you take a closer look in those bins. Also, the title of the mission is "When Angels Refuse to Die".

Yeah, not only that but it seems someone made another thread for this mission at the exact same time I did...and it's actually the correct title.

You see? This is why I don't do things.

I merged the two threads so we're back to one.

T2 Vertical Contest--When Angels Refuse to Die

I am now stuck. Made it to an observation room, cannot go further.

any ideas?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

oops, a thread for this fm exists, can somebody merge this or remove it?

can this be merged into the other thread for this fm?

did not see this fm already had a thread started.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Merged.

As for your question, check behind the back row of chairs on the dais

Hello everyone,

i'm stuck been going well this far without help but now I need it. I'm in this big room with the lever on top of a pyramid walkway ( where the three guarding masks and a mechanical beast is ), I'm on top of the walkway and when I pull the lever Garrett says 'I better get out of here' but there is too little time to get out, so I assume that I need to finish the other objectives first :P but I just don't know where to go. There is another lift here but the switch is inactive. Help!

Any mission with an Inter-rositer in it has to be good. I'm in the same boat as Keeper Lotus though:

Towards the end (presumably): I've set off the destruct, got back on the lift I came in on (the other one doesn't seem to work), but the tower explodes and the lift plummets and I die. Should I have made tactical use of my slow-fall potion, or was I unlucky as I should have landed in the water safely?

(\Keeper Lotus/) - Just use the elevator you came up in.

Swiz - You were indeed supposed to land in the water safely. Dying in the elevator fall did occur during testing but we could never figure out exactly why it happened. And it seemed to be a relatively rare occurance. If you have a recent save I suggest you just reload and try again. It will probably work.

But the problem is I never make it halfway down the lift when I simply die, is it due to the fact that I don't have all the loot and other objectives?

No, it shouldn't have anything to do with the other objectives. It sounds like a couple of people are experiencing this bug. All I can tell you is that you shouldn't die in the fall. Just reload and try again. It might help to position yourself differently in the elevator.

I need helps. I just came up on the outside elevator, to the top of the building, I entered through the door on the left, then another door and a dead end. There's a button but it doesn't work. I don't have all my loot yet, playing on hard. What to do?

Thanks.

That dead end is an elevator. The button won't work until you close the door.

I am in the same place as TheMike. I am stuck in the mechakarras room. I opened the 2 boxes and have a gas canister but thats it. How do I open the other door or what do I do? Thanks for any help!

Look around for what you used to open those two boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by (\Keeper Lotus/) View Post
    ...is it due to the fact that I don't have all the loot and other objectives?
    Just want to be clear about something. Are you actually dying when you destroy the signal tower or is the mission just ending when you destroy the tower? Destroying the signal tower before reaching the loot goal will fail the mission.

I just don't get it! Please spell it out! I have searched everywhere and nothing works. I opened the boxes because aswitch or something highlighted under the lip. The method doesen't work on the door. Any help appreciated!
    Last edited by Stingm; 16th Sep 2009 at 21:07.

Sorry, didn't mean to be vague. When you open those boxes there is a kind of wire sticking out that you had to frob to unlock them. Pick up one of those wires and use it as a lockpick on the door.

Got it thanks! Lot of new puzzles here.

stuck

ok I made it to the roof and climbed up to a catwalk, went into the room, made it to another room and went through the fireplace and found catwalks higher up. made it into a room then out into a hallway with a blocked hall and a dead mech bot, and statue on the floor.

not sure where to go from here.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Sep 2009 at 23:02. Reason: added spoiler cover

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast