TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: City Conflict (part4)

New T2 FM: City Conflict (part4)

In the previous part, Garrett had to steal a cursed mask from the hammers for the keepers. The keepers now order Garrett to steal another mask, which is more-or-less the little brother of the cursed mask, from a former mage, who keeps it well hidden in his mansion. Together, the two masks may help the keeper to stop the conflict between the hammers and the mechanists. How? Well, just play it and find out... I said play it and find out, taffer!

http://www.filefront.com/14602801/Ci...nflict%204.zip

Excellent!

Holy cow! You're an FM machine

And Thanks

Great!!!

Many thanks again for this new part...downloading now

Clearinghouse
    Wow! Thank you, Silencium18

Dang either you have a lot of time on your hands or you are extremely efficient.

Great little mission, lots of gameplay....heh, actually this feels like the first time in a long while where I actually used more than just a few of my water arrows on torches.

Edit: fast-approaching indeed
    Last edited by Iceblade; 27th Sep 2009 at 14:38.

Never seen so many guards crammed into such a small space :-)

The guards are not longer guarding the garden.

With so many guards, you would think it would feel crammed, but they are all nicely spaced apart. Great work I think.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Nice mission Silencium18! Great Work! Fun to Play!

Hey Potato Guy, I did the same thing in " Assassins a half dozen years ago.
    I knocked out every Guard, and AI in the mission, and piled them in Foyer of the Ramirez Mansion. IIRC there were 53.

The other guards are not longer guarding the manor.

Silencium18: nice small mission. Thanks.

Btw: you have an original nick... Does it have any history ?

Will this FM be mirrored? I can't get the link to work!

What a super little mission!...well done!

I had a lot of fun with the guards in the bushes...heeehee!

Just a few little bugsbroadheads were able to be re gathered as they were still in the air after killing guards,and at the end I shot the main gate guard with a fire arrow through the bars whilst standing on the top of the hedge,and he died...I frobbed the red switch through the bars and to my horror the guard reincarnated again,gave me quite a turn

cant wait for part 5 erm...next week perhaps

Finished

Again thanks for providing me good moments with these nice T1 style missions

Looking foward for more

I shot the main gate guard with a fire arrow through the bars whilst standing on the top of the hedge,and he died...I frobbed the red switch through the bars and to my horror the guard reincarnated again,gave me quite a turn
    Well, I originally planned to have the guard be nice to you AS LONG AS you just keep out of the compound. But when you try to open the gate with the switch, the guard is secretly replaced with an hostile guard (via teleport trap etc...). Didn't thought about killing the guard through the gate with a fire arrow
    It's kinda the same situation like at the front gate at baffords. When you try to pull the switch, the guards are goint to attack you.

you have an original nick... Does it have any history?
    Silencium is latin and means "quietness/silence", which is what a thief should always be, right
    And I was 18 years old when I joined this forum, so this more or less explains it

I knocked out every Guard, and AI in the mission, and piled them in Foyer of the Ramirez Mansion.
    I think I recently saw some pics of this kind of situation on "darkfate.ru", now that you mentioned it.

Oh, and glad you all enjoyed it.

Clearinghouse
    Nice mission, Silencium18 but what about the Ultimate Difficulty Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencium18 View Post
    I think I recently saw some pics of this kind of situation on "darkfate.ru", now that you mentioned it.
    Yes, Luthien's Silent Project are cool.

One more screen about something that quite amused me in the mission:

This guard faced the Gear Statue, and then turned 180 degrees to face the Hammer Statue, then the Gear Statue again, Hammer Statue, etc.
    It was like he was hesitating to make his choice of following the Hammerites or the Mechanists.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    It was like he was hesitating to make his choice of following the Hammerites or the Mechanists.

t was like he was hesitating to make his choice of following the Hammerites or the Mechanists.
    Or maybe he's just bored and angry about everyone being upstairs enjoying their free time while he has to do his night shift down in the cold basement
    While we're talking about the statues: The statues in the other showroom (or just one of them) are much more interesting for a thief

I'll just go ahead and be positive about this and your previous FMs. Though I must say I haven't finished it yet. I'm stuck with something else again, so I just end up writing in forums again. Still...
    They are straightforward, quick and fairly easy, but it's kind of comforting at some points. I see many potential non linearities, that you simply decided not to expand. I kinda like that, cause I'm actually kind of tired of playing big and hard FMs all the time. I'd rather leave some things to the imagination. (Especially the wooden ledges up in a house in this mission, that led to closed off windows + I didn't have a rope arrow.)

I could climb on to many ledges and out of area,though. I'm not saying, that the abiity to do that sucks, nono. It rocks, but, well, it was too easy! XD

I'm sure you're tired of everyone repeating "Nice and small FM" all the time, so I made a different post, even though it still touched the core of that. You can't escape a fact. Then again, maybe you adore everyone calling it that way... sorry for bothering ya...

I'm sure you're tired of everyone repeating "Nice and small FM"
    No no no, it`s good to have some feedback. And yes, they're small but also enjoyable

cause I'm actually kind of tired of playing big and hard FMs all the time
    Me too. Sometimes, I just quit a FM because of the frustration I get when I'm stuck in a mansion with 8 bathrooms and 15 bedrooms, running around in this big place only to find some more needed loot.

Missing loot is obvious cause of frustration. I'm even more frustrated with loot list because I usually don't remember where I got all the loot...

I also like to sometimes play smaller, less complicated FMs; particularly with a T1 feel.
    Nice one again, Silencium18 - keep 'em coming.

And, yeah, there were a lot of guards...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast