TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Mod released!!

Tying the attacks to the movement keys (wsad) instead of mouse movements is a must have. It's impossible to aim and do a specific attack at the same time right now.
    It's not impossible; just takes a bit of getting used to. It only requires a very slight movement of the mouse--much less obtrusive than having to use the movement keys.

Whoah! I fixed the bloom issue, the spinning skybox and the long loading times in one move!

I just had to turn off the Catalyst AI - I suggest all ATI users try it.
    Wow, good find. That definitely needs to go on the wiki!

Guys, how about to open a new section on Dark Mod in TTLG? There we will discuss bugs, fms, editor and so on.
    The Dark Mod forums are already open and ready for just those kinds of discussions. http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php?

Now another problem: I'm getting a crash at this place, just as I'm about to enter that room ahead. This didn't happen when Catalyst AI was set to Low.

Also, I'm deeply disgusted in the way you force players on the path you chose. I was ready to jump over that wall on the left, but I hit an invisible barrier and fell back. Preventing exploration this way is just outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by vorob View Post
    Yeee now i got this. Ok. Mission completed. But all my design remarks, are still on the agenda:

Really strange mission, luxuriously room stands next to the guard place, on the same floor. On first floor, we see expensive wall covers, and on the second only some cheap rock crap on walls. Some hallways low detailed, no beams, no plinths. Some places are very detailed. Well, inconsistent design.
    Also my fault not a Dark Mod 'flaw' at all. I have little knowledge of house design but I see now the grander bedrooms are isolated in the poorer part of the house. Let's blame Mudgeon for this shall we? He had the house changed with his ill-gotten gains. In the future I'm sure we'll have people make some great FM architecture. This is what I'm looking forward to.

Glad you finished it anyway Vorob.

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    The Dark Mod forums are already open and ready for just those kinds of discussions. http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php?
    And Digital Nightfall confirmed that TTLG's 'Thief Fan Missions' Forum is appropriate for discussing TDM FMs.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    And Digital Nightfall confirmed that TTLG's 'Thief Fan Missions' Forum is appropriate for discussing TDM FMs.
    Cool thing!

Added to wiki FAQ about underwater fps/bloom, and the ati Catalyst AI problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    Also my fault not a Dark Mod 'flaw' at all. I have little knowledge of house design but I see now the grander bedrooms are isolated in the poorer part of the house. Let's blame Mudgeon for this shall we? He had the house changed with his ill-gotten gains. In the future I'm sure we'll have people make some great FM architecture. This is what I'm looking forward to.

Glad you finished it anyway Vorob.
    Well it's just some little things that annoyed me. In general your FM is good Just in future try to follow some "default logic" that guards and servants live on first floor, or in the basement and rich people are living in wealth place And more more more side ways to travel, idea of how we can make our way from one room to another through fireplace is good.

OK, call me crazy but Im not seeing any PK4's in these zip files located here
    Trainging mission works fine and theres a pk4 in doom3/darkmod/fms/training_mission
    but in
    /fms/2490_chalice and /fms/crown_of_penitence there is no such thing as a pk4
    Game error, couldnt load maps map/crown_of_penitence?
    Well I can see why, theres no pk4 anywhere.
    So I came over here to read all the problems and everyones chatting up a storm, "WOW this is great"
    OK....so, Im the only one?

Broadhead arrows are so tight that I find myself shooting guards in the face.

Restrain........me....

Okay, I'm playing with DarkRadiant and I'm trawling through the A-Z tutorial. In the new year, after everyone has found their feet, does anyone feel like a Dark Mod mission contest? It's probably a good way to stimulate content creation.

i have the exact same problem as vlad...

OK, call me crazy but Im not seeing any PK4's in these zip files located here
    Are you downloading with IE, by chance? It ever so helpfully renames the pk4s to zips. Just rename the extension back to pk4 and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Broadhead arrows are so tight that I find myself shooting guards in the face.

Restrain........me....

It's the only way to be sure.

Adjusted for brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin Turambar View Post
    Combat would be much better if copied Mount & Blade even more: In M&B my attack direction is determined with the relative position of my crosshair around the enemy. I just put the crosshair right of the enemy, and the attack is a right slash, etc.
    I think this can feel even more natural, if, in the options, "reverse attack" is on, you swing the mouse away from the opponent to start an attack, just like bringing the sword away from the opponent in real life.

Still Subjective
    Wow.

RPS has a full entry on this now:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...-dark-mod-1-0/

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Wow.

RPS has a full entry on this now:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...-dark-mod-1-0/
    Someone tell Kieron that you can pick up corpses with the use key...

Still Subjective
    Done. Overdone. Springheel and I in simu-post horror!

Edit: And New Horizon brings up the rear!
    Last edited by SubJeff; 19th Oct 2009 at 11:41.

...and by me. lol I must have been reading the article while you guys were posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    ...there's no keybinding for using the scope which renders it pretty much useless. We need a "use scope" keybind similar to the "use lantern" keybind, so we can use it without having to scroll through a dozen items to select it.

Actually the whole "scrolling through every items to get the right one" is really annoying and should have been ditched a long time ago in favor of some kind of inventory screen but I guess the mod is too far in development for that now. Did you guys ever consider it at some point ? Or was it just not possible with the doom 3 engine ? Cause in my opinion that's one of the rare things that needed fixing from the original games.
    OK, details are at http://modetwo.net/darkmod/wiki/inde...entory_Related

Here is an example of how to use them:

You need to FIRST uninstall any current FM then change or insert into darkmod\Doomconfig.cfg in a plain text editor. Note the format within quotation marks:

This sets the page down key to toggle the spyglass:

bind "PGDN" "inventory_use Spyglass"

Actually the whole "scrolling through every items to get the right one" is really annoying and should have been ditched a long time ago in favor of some kind of inventory screen but I guess the mod is too far in development for that now. Did you guys ever consider it at some point ?
    We talked about an inventory screen but felt that it was too "RPG-y", and was too far from the HUD simplicity of Thief.

However, we added next/prev inventory category buttons, so you can scroll past all your keys, potions, readables, etc with one click.

Still Subjective
    Yeah, that's a pretty sweet compromise tbh and by sweet I mean inspired and on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    We talked about an inventory screen but felt that it was too "RPG-y", and was too far from the HUD simplicity of Thief.

However, we added next/prev inventory category buttons, so you can scroll past all your keys, potions, readables, etc with one click.

Any way to bind the mousewheel to the inventory scrolling instead of weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Alacritous View Post
    Any way to bind the mousewheel to the inventory scrolling instead of weapons?
    Second this. We have number keys for weapons.

I assume just changing it in the settings menu doesn't work? I'm sure it can be done manually but I don't know exactly what you'd have to type in atm.

First thing I did was change the mouse wheel to scroll inventory in the settings menu. It works (surely?).

I missed this announcement!

Dang, this thread is massive!

btw, this mod has to have the D3 1.3.1.1304, correct? No other patch, correct? (i.e., 1.3.1.1304, and not, say, 1.3.1.1205 or something?)

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast