TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Mod released!!

Torrent is the way to go here. Just upped to 3 seeds and 15 leachers and I am getting over 150k on dsl so its healthy. This is what torrents are made for.

As more people finish downloading it will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by codereader View Post
    Here's a quick torrent, hopefully this does the trick. There should be more seeders from our team joining the swarm over time, right now I'm the only one.

http://www.strangebedfellows.de/torr...arkmod.torrent

Thanks to Kolya for providing us with a tracker.

edit: www.thedarkmod.com is working for me.
    Seeding now

Next question.........What files do we backup after we let the installer download and install everything??

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    Next question.........What files do we backup after we let the installer download and install everything??
    The mod has its own directory so I would suggest that if you dont want to do the entire doom3 directory. I am just doing the entire doom3 directory thats what 1tb of space is for
    Beats reinstalling doom3, downloading the patch, patching and downloading the mod again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    @Echelon5 and everyone: When an FM is loading there is a progress bar but once the FM is loaded then there is still some processing which may take quite some time and it might look as if it has crashed. doom3 does not provide (far as I know) any way to show a further progress bar so we put a message like 'please wait'. So it's not usually a crash. Please erm... wait.
    Well I tested my theory by putting the game in a window and watching my Task Manager as it loaded, and it switched from "Running" to "Not Responding" a few seconds after the "Please Wait" dialogue. I shall try again and be super duper patient.

The correct Doom 3 patch isn't linked directly on the Download page, so here are the links for those that need it:

Windows Patch --- Mirror

Linux Patch (ftp) (right click > save as...) --- Torrent

Congrats and thanks to Team TDM

Quote Originally Posted by codereader View Post
    Do you see the TDM splash screen? When does the crash occur? From what it sounds, the D3 1.3.1 patch might be missing.
    No splash screen, the crash occured as soon as I executed the launcher. I did have patch 1.3, the place I downloaded from did not have a 1.3.1. But I found a different place to download patches and found a 1.3.1. And I am good now Thanks.

@Echelon: Try one of the smaller FMs like Outpost first to eliminate install errors.

@Ringer, I'd backup the darkmod folder. You can use the tdm_update.exe in the darkmod folder in future. Future updates might only update a few of the files so either note which is new in the updater window or use a synch backup program or indeed back the whole darkmod folder up again. Individual gamesaves and screenshots go in game folders in the doom3 folder, eg, doom3/training_mission/screenshots.

Congratulations on the release!

Now, with an official release, I wonder if there should be a new forum category so they can have a home of their own: Dark Mod Fan Missions.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    Now, with an official release, I wonder if there should be a new forum category so they can have a home of their own: Dark Mod Fan Missions.
    Since fan missions are fan missions are fan missions, and T1, T2 and T3 FMs have all gone into the same subforum, I think we are okay as we are. Now, a TDM Editor's Guild here on TTLG - that would be useful.

Ok, got it all down and am now seeding. Have just been fiddling with the gamma in the training map

One q, how do I get the console down? I've stuck com_allowConsole 1 in dmargs.txt and it doesn't seem to work.

How about a link to the TDM editor's forum, like is done for the Blackcat forum.

Ctrl + Alt + ~ (the key above Tab even if it is not ~)

Since fan missions are fan missions are fan missions, and T1, T2 and T3 FMs have all gone into the same subforum, I think we are okay as we are. Now, a TDM Editor's Guild here on TTLG - that would be useful.
    We already have a fan mission and an editing forum at the TDM forums...just a click away.

http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php...-fan-missions/
    http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php...editors-guild/

Yes, remember there are already Fan Mission threads started for your feedback and questions at

http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php...-fan-missions/

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    Ctrl + Alt + ~ (the key above Tab even if it is not ~)
    ah, thanks! i was just pressing tilde.

Since this thread is more active than the TDM forums, I'll post this here. Downloaded the files, everything went perfectly well however :

1. There's a FOV problem, where everything looks zoomed in and stretched inwards horizontally, plus I can't even see where the center of the screen is (frob zone outside of the screen ?),
    2. It's upside down.

Using a Radeon 4850 with a 1680x1050 16:10 display. I'm going to look into forcing things in the DoomConfig.cfg, but anyway this looks pretty much like a release bug

Classical Master 2008
    You got the rare Constantine-approved version, it looks like.

Do you have Bloom enabled? That's a known problem that happens sometimes with that option and ATI cards. Try turning it off and see what happens (and AA if it persists).

Turning bloom off did the trick, thank you ! Now onto the missions

Just finished training mission everything is perfect.
    Is there a way to increase the FOV?

Note to self - release April Fool mission upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Since FMs are FMs are FMs, that's all the more reason to include TDM FMs in the main FM forum. Keep 'em all together. Simple is always better.

Regarding FOV, I'd recommend making sure your aspect ratio is correct first in the options.

Then open the console using ctrl+alt+~ , then type in seta g_fov 100 (or whatever you want)

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast