TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1182

Thread: The Dark Mod released!!

Inverted? hmm. Please explain.
    What gfx card do you have?

what the hell is up with the tags?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    When I pan my view around the sky, it moves backwards. It's a known issue that I think was due to the team having to use some open source code for bloom or something else. Sorry I don't remember the details, but was just wondering. I think Fidcal managed to try a temp hack fix in his mission, but I'm not sure I ever tried it if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    When I pan my view around the sky, it moves backwards. It's a known issue that I think was due to the team having to use some open source code for bloom or something else. Sorry I don't remember the details, but was just wondering. I think Fidcal managed to try a temp hack fix in his mission, but I'm not sure I ever tried it if he did.
    I'm pretty sure that it can be fixed by turning off Catalyst AI and/or simply not using Bloom.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Not in my case. I don't even have CCC installed and it still does it. And when I did, turning off Catalyst A.I. caused TDM to crash.

Not in my case. I don't even have CCC installed and it still does it. And when I did, turning off Catalyst A.I. caused TDM to crash.
    Have you enabled Bloom in the options? If so, disable it. The fix will be to remove Bloom from the menu in the next update.

I don't know if the Bloom hack will ever be fixed for ATI, though it is always possible. The person responsible for it has offered his HDR implementation to TDM, so if you ask nicely maybe he will.

I apparently had a brain fart when I posted that - forgot we were talking about TDM and not thief. I've not tried TDM yet on my ATI, so I dunno if I'll have the same problem.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherMan View Post
    The person responsible for it has offered his HDR implementation to TDM, so if you ask nicely maybe he will.
    Wow. That's nice. If he can tone down the bloom a bit so it just barely softens the edges between bright and dark contrasts, it'll be an absolutely beautiful thing to behold.

Has the inverted sky issue with some ATI cards ever been resolved? I'd love for a fix to be included in the next update.

I have HD3870 and still use Cat 9.3, never seen that. Bloom is enabled too.
    Turning off the Catalyst AI helped those that had the issue as far as I know, maybe it's actually turned on and you think it's turned off? . Maybe you have some second-party video drivers/utilities installed or some not standard settings enabled in CCC?

Quote Originally Posted by mazzortock View Post
    I think that TDM is officially the first native stealth game available on a Linux platform
    Hey, great news! So far I'm waiting for a new computer to finally try TDM, because on Windows I have barely disk space left. But I never thought of trying to install it on Linux. Thanks mazzortock!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Turning off the Catalyst AI helped those that had the issue as far as I know, maybe it's actually turned on and you think it's turned off? . Maybe you have some second-party video drivers/utilities installed or some not standard settings enabled in CCC?
    Like I just said, I don't even have CCC installed so AI can't be on or off or anything, and the problem is there. I'll have to check what drivers I have when I get home, but I know they're fairly recent and they're not second-party. I have no other driver utils installed at the moment. I can check the TDM menu when I get home tonight to make sure Bloom is turned off, but I'm sure I already did that.

I'll also try reinstalling CCC again, but as I recall I didn't use it because the low-level driver doesn't work in Vista64 because it isn't signed. The only workaround is to disable verification of signed drivers, and I'm not real comfortable doing that. That could be the reason, however, why disabling AI caused a crash for me instead of fixing the issue as it has for most others.

Like I just said, I don't even have CCC installed so AI can't be on or off or anything, and the problem is there.
    That could be the reason, however, why disabling AI caused a crash for me instead of fixing the issue as it has for most others.
    I'm not sure, but even if you haven't CCC installed, only drivers, the Catalyst AI still may be turned on by default. Just a guess...

Try to install CCC properly and see if it's enabled or not.

Then again, you use Vista64, it could be Cat drivers for Vista64 themselves that caused the troubles even if Catalyst AI was disabled.
    Last edited by 242; 15th Jan 2010 at 10:33.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm not sure, but even if you haven't CCC installed, only drivers, the Catalyst AI still may be turned on by default. Just a guess..
    That never occurred to me, but it makes sense and would explain why I still have the problem. I guess I have to find a way to get it disabled that doesn't cause TDM to crash if I want proper skies. Any alternatives to CCC that might better support Vista64?

Yandros, try the 64 bit 9.12 drivers. I just instaled them with my new 5850 on 7 64bit and they work fine, I do believe the DL was for vista and win7.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks Jeff, I'll give them a try tonight. I think I'm running 9.10 or 9.11 currently.

speaking of ati graphics drivers, I was going to go ahead and update mine, as I believe I have 6.14... Do I have to uninstall my current stuff before attempting to install the later drivers? AMD's website says to uninstall "legacy drivers" but I don't know what is considered legacy.

If you dont want CCC and want to cahnge options etc, do it via ATi Tray Tools, the latest beta named 'attsetup' can be grabbed over here

Just remember, all the features of the driver are left on defaults with or without CCC, overdrive, AI etc. So you might no longer see them, but they are still active which is where something like ATT comes in, giving you a nice interface to those options.

As for installing new drivers, I would go ahead and update without uninstalling, check the date of the driver in dxdiag before and after, if it is a later date after it should be working correctly.

I'll stick with the official software, but thanks. I downloaded the CCC and latest drivers here. (option 1) I just didn't know whether I should uninstall what I've got or upgrade on top of it. I'm used to nvidia where you don't have some separate control center thingy, it is all built into one executable installation package

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Wow, thanks Serps, that actually worked! I tried ATT before because I remember getting the unsigned driver warning from Vista (that's what I was remembering in my earlier post which I erroneously associated with CCC). I still got the warning this time, but it seems to work. It's interesting that my fps is quite low in Return to the City (I was averaging 8-15) but it was still playable. I wouldn't have guessed it was that low before.

Like Sneaksie, I'm used to nVidia and all these tools and crap that you use with ATI are new to me. I don't know if this is a newer version of ATT than what I tried before, or if I just messed something up before, but either way I have nice skies now. Thanks!

Serp: do you wanna add that to the wiki FAQ if it's not already? Sounds like a good fix.

Like Sneaksie, I'm used to nVidia and all these tools and crap that you use with ATI are new to me.
    You install official Catalyst package and forget about it. There is no need to use second-party tools, CCC is nice.

I would never suggest the use of CCC, its far more likely to cause issues than to resolve any. Unless a person is a "I use a pc to play facebook games" kinda person, there really is no reason.

As for the unsigned drivers etc, yes its a bit of an issue esp with x64, tho ATT is a great tool and offers many things that the CCC does not and does not rely on terrible services or consume much in the way of resources.

And as for the FPS counter, you can disable that in the Tools and Options -> OSD options. Overlays like that are quite likely to cause problems sooner or later - never worked out why apps have OSD's on as default in windows.

I'll get around to adding wiki stuff in a few days, just moved back to my other abode and setting up, got a few tutorials and various other pages to add, few to adjust and the updated training map to hand over... If only I could spawn a clone to do academics/shopping/driving places

Great, I upgraded but the installation failed... so, i went ahead and tried to uninstall everything, rebooted, desktop was at 640 x 480, and reinstalled the new drivers. So I guess you can't install over top an old version. I had thought this would be the case. Always safer to uninstall current drivers before upgrading to the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I would never suggest the use of CCC, its far more likely to cause issues than to resolve any.
    For example? CCC has never caused any issues for me, I don't know why some people here say bad things about it. And it isn't supposed to resolve issues (it may however), it's just a 'switchboard' which brings possibility to turn on/off things.

and does not rely on terrible services or consume much in the way of resources.
    CCC does not rely on terrible services and does not consume resources. You may easily check that with CCC installed and without by checking FPS in any game, the numbers will be exactly the same.
    Last edited by 242; 17th Jan 2010 at 06:57.

For example? CCC has never caused any issues for me, I don't know why some people here say bad things about it.
    Because having it running caused issues for them? It doubled loading time for a lot of people, made skyboxes not work. It's a good thing it hasn't cause any issues for you, but for the majority it does seem to.

I used to be an ATI buyer, but after a couple of bad experiences I switched to nvidia and never looked back. Better product and support all around.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Because having it running caused issues for them? It doubled loading time for a lot of people, made skyboxes not work. It's a good thing it hasn't cause any issues for you, but for the majority it does seem to.

I used to be an ATI buyer, but after a couple of bad experiences I switched to nvidia and never looked back. Better product and support all around.
    CCC doesn't cause problems, it's the Catalyst AI that causes problems. Catalyst AI detects what game is running and uses specific optimizations for most games, and it's those optimizations that conflicts with TDM.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748 LastLast