TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TDM FM - Chalice of Kings

Still Subjective

TDM FM - Chalice of Kings

Was going to happen sometime, might as well be me

So I'm playing this final release of Chalice (I only played the beta before and ignored this bit) on Expert.

I'm in the guards room with the note about him hiding his purse. I've found the hidden brick and removed it but there is nothing behind it as far as I can see.

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    I'm in the guards room with the note about him hiding his purse. I've found the hidden brick and removed it but there is nothing behind it as far as I can see.
    It should be something hidden there, but the brick could have pushed the loot into the wall.
    Try to reload an earlier save and stand as far away from the brick as possible when grabbing it, it may prevent the loot from disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by seventyfour View Post
    It should be something hidden there, but the brick could have pushed the loot into the wall.

This happened with me as well I missed 50 loot, so I guess it was the purse.

Just finished this cute little mission, yet I have been playing it for about 3 hours according to the stats. It's little but challenging, especially for ghosters, and of course it's VERY beautiful and detailed. My only complaint is perhaps a bit too many keys

After start, I proceeded not as it was intended I guess, instead of returning outside after filching the yard key and coming round the watchman in the corridor via kitchen, I used my usual tactic - noisemaker in the yard and locked the door after 4 guards ended up outside. It worked just like in classic Thief FMs

Definitely will try to ghost it tomorrow

I have one question though, is there a use for the clean sheet of paper?
    Last edited by 242; 19th Oct 2009 at 18:01.

On pulling small objects in tight spaces:
    spoiler:
    Although I think the natural impulse is to use the mousewheel once you've frobbed the brick, I had a lot more luck with frobbing, then backing away in a straight line. Maybe that's just me.

Still Subjective
    Yeah, that paper is an odd object to have.

I can't find the Death Mask. The only room I haven't searched is the one with a guard at each door and a patrolling guard. It has a fireplace.

Now I can get into the room through the fire place so I might try that way, but it'll be a bummer if it's not in there.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    I can't find the Death Mask. The only room I haven't searched is the one with a guard at each door and a patrolling guard. It has a fireplace.
    The Death Mask is up in the rafters in the central dining hall with the large fireplace, next to the crown display.

Out of interest, have anyone tried to get to the mechanism in the safe room without visiting the weaponry? There is a ladder in the library...

That's a great idea 242! I think you can get to the switch by jumping on the chalice's glass dome, so that's one way of doing it without visiting the armoury, but from what I've read it may lead to a bug in which the chalice is not frobbable when the dome is raised. Anyway, I tried it that way last night and I couldn't do it.

I'm missing 50 loot. I've got Hodge's purse. Anyone know of another cunning 50 tucked away somewhere?

Still Subjective
    Thanks Melan.

50 loot? Its a pain missing something like that. You'll have to scour all the usual places all over again. Even missing some stuff in the kitchen storeroom could lead to a small deficit like that.

Yeah. Maybe I'll just go to my quicksave and blackjack everyone instead. Strike them, very roughly! Then throw them all down the lift shaft. That's worth 50!

I'll put the ladder down there too, for when they wake up.

I did a stoopid thing before... It's my second playthrough, I reckon I've got everything worked out in my head to do it in the most systematic way, and everything appears to be going well. Confident that I've completed all the objectives, I stroll outside and... nothing. I check my objectives screen (for the first time) and see that I don't have the mask. What an idiot! I was up there earlier in the mission, I quicksaved up in the rafters with the mask in arm's reach, grabbed it but then I started trying different ways down and made too much noise. I must have such a short attention span... after that bit of 'experimenting' I reloaded my quick save, FORGOT TO GRAB THE MASK, jumped down and went on my merry way. I had to go back into that bloody dining room again later, and I hadn't KO'd anyone so it was tricky. What a plonker!.

Quote Originally Posted by piln View Post
    I think you can get to the switch by jumping on the chalice's glass dome, so that's one way of doing it without visiting the armoury, but from what I've read it may lead to a bug in which the chalice is not frobbable when the dome is raised. Anyway, I tried it that way last night and I couldn't do it.
    I'm going to try the ladder, but I doubt it will be enough, or even that I will be able to get it in there in the first place

I'm missing 50 loot. I've got Hodge's purse. Anyone know of another cunning 50 tucked away somewhere?
    I don't know was any of the following 50 or not, but did you get a picture in the parlour and statuette in the library? Also there is a tiny easy to miss ring, I can't remember where though, either on floor, or on some table/dresser. In the parlour I also picked up something from the floor near the fixed picture, but maybe it originally laid on the nearby table and I just flipped it.

Hmmm...

Statuette in the library - up in the bookcase, got it. That's the only thing I used the ladder for - are there others? I didn't spot anything else tucked away in the bookshelves but there's plenty of space for cunning loot there.

Also in the library - there's a goblet in the top left desk drawer. Is that loot or worthless? I can't frob it.

In the parlour - got the picture, and I think the easily missed ring you're talking about may be the one on the parlour mantlepiece. There might have been loot on the tabletop near the fixed picture, I can't remember for sure. My quicksave is near the parlour, so I'm going in for a quick snoop now.

EDIT: It came back to me as soon as I looked at the spot: There was a posh wine bottle on the floor next to the chest of drawers.
    Last edited by piln; 20th Oct 2009 at 07:13.

The goblet is junk. It's tricky to frob, because the drawer keeps highlighting instead, but I managed to grab it and drop it on the floor.

Quick question:

I've done everything so far, but I cannot get into the armory. I can't find that damn key !
    Where is it to be found, mighty knowledgeable taffers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlooker View Post
    Quick question:

I've done everything so far, but I cannot get into the armory. I can't find that damn key !
    Where is it to be found, mighty knowledgeable taffers ?
    spoiler:

The key is in the safe in the "treasure" room

further spoiler
    spoiler:

the key for the safe is in the desk in the library

I found the 50 loot I was missing. It wasn't a difficult one at all, but I was playing a "no knockouts" game and in my haste I didn't search thoroughly enough.

It was in the guards' quarters, in one of the chests: a 50-gold purse under a chessboard. Surely a well known piece of loot; I shouldn't have missed it, but I was too scared of the "officer" to do my job properly

Still Subjective
    Ooooh that is an evil place to put it. I saw the chessboard and just left it!

1) How do I pick up the Chalice? I lifted glass cover a bit, but I can't pick up the treasure.

2) How do I open the armory?

3) Where is "the library"? I could not open double doors in the first floor. Is that it? Where is the key for this door?

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    1) How do I pick up the Chalice? I lifted glass cover a bit, but I can't pick up the treasure.
    2)

2) How do I open the armory?
    3)

3) Where is "the library"? I could not open double doors in the first floor. Is that it? Where is the key for this door?
    Someone's belt.

Someone on the second floor.

The thief adventurer.

I must be blind, but I can not find library key. I blackjacked everyone and still no luck. What does he look like?

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    I must be blind, but I can not find library key. I blackjacked everyone and still no luck. What does he look like?

He's a wealthy looking noble in a bedroom on the second floor. And he has 2 keys on his belt, if I don't mix up something. Take a note, belt items in TDM may be hard to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    He's a wealthy looking noble in a bedroom on the second floor. And he has 2 keys on his belt, if I don't mix up something. Take a note, belt items in TDM may be hard to notice.
    That's it. I pickpocketed one of the keys and did not realize he also had the other one.

But I still can not pick up the chalice. I frob the button and the machinery lifts the cover a bit. Chalice is unfrobbable. Am I doing something wrong?

spoiler:
    Since you haven't been to the armory, I'm guessing you frobbed the mechanism by jumping instead of using a rope arrow? In any case, try two things:

1) try frobbing the chalice when the cover is down. If you accidentally blocked the cover somehow (say, by standing on it ), the "open/closed" vs. "frobable/unfrobable" states can get out of sync.

2) Raise/lower the cover a few more times and see if it resets back to the proper syncing.

Bug or normal TDM fm behavior

hey anyone having the problem with moving K.O. bodies ?? this shit is unplayable who invented this kind of body relocating system ?? it SUCKS !!
    its more difficult to move K.O. bodies than to K.O.
    mission looking great but if ist normal with this bodies i'll quit i am tired of playing with the K.O. body for 5 or 10 min to hide it

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    hey anyone having the problem with moving K.O. bodies ?? this shit is unplayable who invented this kind of body relocating system ?? it SUCKS !!
    its more difficult to move K.O. bodies than to K.O.
    mission looking great but if ist normal with this bodies i'll quit i am tired of playing with the K.O. body for 5 or 10 min to hide it
    Manuals don't enjoy popularity these days.
    Press 'use' after you 'catch' a body.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast