TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Eclipsed Released (10/30/2009)

Where do I find evidence that the keepers where involved. Think I have read everything.

Nah. It's the easiest objective on the entire mission. It's just very near the ending. If you must know: power station, down where you pull the lever that disconnects some kind of energy from the escaping gate. Go 2 steps further behind the standing ghostly haunt. There's a medallion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Nah. It's the easiest objective on the entire mission. It's just very near the ending. If you must know: power station, down where you pull the lever that disconnects some kind of energy from the escaping gate. Go 2 steps further behind the standing ghostly haunt. There's a medallion.
    Ohhh, just took the loot and key, didnīt look for anything else

Excellent mission HipBreaker! I have to say, this mission gave me more memorable moments than most I've played over the past year.

I did get into a lot of places I shouldn't have been though. I should have known to stay away since I could see half the city all at once. :P

I apologize for those who are watching a slideshow instead of enjoying the mission

Biker found a way to improve performance involving the widescreen patch so i'll try to put together the details and post them here...but that may or may not be pertinent to ravoll.

The Elusive One, I made certain things hard to find because in a way I wanted the mission to have optional objectives to give the player a bit of a choice of what or what not to do. Many of the things hard to find are optional objectives. Think of them as a replacement for 'secrets'. Unfortunately it encourages thinking of ways to get places that could cause a crash, as daniel found

Sticky Fingers, the watch is in the clocktower behind a banner. If you're ghosting you don't have to slash the banner to frob the item.

1) How do I get to the old town? I am running in circles. I've been to the attic and in the clocktower.

2) And where is that damn ring? By the sea? But where exactly? I even used crates to get on the other side of the fence, to the beach. Nothing there.

Thanks PotatoGuy and Thor02. I'm afraid I asked the wrong question, though. Where is the key to the electrical building, and/or how do you get in?

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    1) How do I get to the old town? I am running in circles. I've been to the attic and in the clocktower.
    There are two entrances:

1. Search near the green
    2. Use something you found on Vorenthius' attic.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    2) And where is that damn ring? By the sea? But where exactly? I even used crates to get on the other side of the fence, to the beach. Nothing there.
    Go up a ladder near lots of crates, where you find a book with one or two lines in it. The ring is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eigenface View Post
    Thanks PotatoGuy and Thor02. I'm afraid I asked the wrong question, though. Where is the key to the electrical building, and/or how do you get in?
    The key can be found in the police station, in one of the cells. The key to the station is found after you got through the portal. Ehm...you did get first to the mountain, right?

bukary: Old Town- Either use the flares in V's attic to burn down the barricade or go in the secret way by crouching through the vines to the right of the crates outside of the tunnel that leads to Old Town.
    Ring: The small shack near all of the crates that has a ladder leading to an upper loft has the ring on a ledge near the ceiling...it's a little love nest

Eigenface: You get the City Electric key in the holding area of the police station. A cell opens up once you go all the way down the hall and then you go into the cell that opened and get the key. Once you get to Old Town there is a jumper switch that opens a gate revealing City Electric.

*Edit

Ah you beat me to it PotatoGuy!

Thanks another link here

No, I didn't get through the portal or to any police station with cells. Something tells me I'm missing something big here. I'm running around in the area with house with the safe, and I still haven't seen a single enemy. Did some critical event not get triggered or something?

So my question is, how do you get to the police station? If you need some critical item to get to the police station, how do you get that item? If you need to get to some closed location to get to that critical item, how do you get to that location? Etc, etc, etc. I am we todd did.

Eigenface: Right now then, your goal is to get into the mountain. Get to Old Town and grab the South Gate key. From there you'll be on the right track.

Spoil me please...

What's the code for the door to grab that flowery thing? I'm there now...

Just collect all 5 books, read a readable, write down the names or whatever u indicate them by by order and the glyphs on each book is the key... [Probably] Nobody ain't wrini' glyphs here for you, sorry.

Ok, I'm really sorry, I must not be being clear. I'm stuck. I've combed what I believe to be every inch of the map with the gamma turned all the way up (really hated to do that, but my only other option was stop playing.) The next step still eludes me. I've been to the port area and to the area that ticks off your "get to Aerinth" objective. I don't think I've been to this "Old Town" area, and I don't know how to get there. I'm don't think I'm ever going to get there without directions of the form "go to the blank, turn blank, walk to the blank, frob the blank." I'm at my wit's end here, and I'm at a loss as to why everyone else thinks this is so obvious. I must be stupid. Pretend you're explaining this to a toddler.

Wander around a city, till you come across a street sign kind of thing, like in The Haunted Cathedral, that has one of the signs saying "Old Town". There's 2 ways in - 1 pracitcly invisible way in a wall very near the "official" entrance, or just take the flare-kind of thing from the Hammerite's attic and burn the wood to hell. Don't jump, you'll die instantly, which is kind of hilarious.

can the monsters be killed while in the mountain/cave area?

can this be done or is it simply outsmart, outmove, outrun, hide????
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Umm, I got 6 books...

Just collect all 5 books, read a readable, write down the names or whatever u indicate them by by order and the glyphs on each book is the key... [Probably] Nobody ain't wrini' glyphs here for you, sorry.
    what order?

there's a more or less peaceful room in all that ghost haunt place, that has a readable by a hammer there. He mentioned the names of those 5 books. Use the order he wrote them in.

ok

there's a more or less peaceful room in all that ghost haunt place, that has a readable by a hammer there. He mentioned the names of those 5 books. Use the order he wrote them in.
    OK, I get it... Thanks Thor02

I just finished this myself. This one really emphasized exploration, which I like a lot ... A nice long adventure that took me to different places, with some very impressive scenes like the swamps, electric plant, and some of the demonic stuff.

I'm happy & humbled that my FM was released with such distinguished company. And glad it wasn't actually a contest (like someone early in this thread suggested), because mine would have gotten creamed!
    Very good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    can this be done or is it simply outsmart, outmove, outrun, hide????
    Yes, they can be killed. You should have several things in your arsenal that would do the trick but the sword is the best choice for most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eigenface View Post
    I've been to...the area that ticks off your "get to Aerinth" objective.
    Then you must have actually entered the city of Port Aerinth. Have you explored the city? Have you found a large statue of a bird? Across the street from that statue is the entrance to old town.

killing monsters

ok, I am in the "cave" area and have tried to kill one, but after 6-8 blows he does not go down. I only have my sword , tinder box, lantern. nothing else. does it take 20 blows or so to kill one of these beasts?

ok so I tried again and after they went down and sometimes got up again, I whacked them for about 10 more times and they stayed down.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 1st Nov 2009 at 19:06.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

One decent o/head from behind should do for the 'semi-visibles', but only if they're unaware of you - otherwise it's quite a fight. I never even tried to kill the 'Dark Zone' types; maybe someone else found a way.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast